1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 09:26
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Let's see if anyone comes forward.

I would think the loudest mouths on the immorality of His law, would come forward.

The amazing thing about the [b]Job
    verse is that in the New Testament, God incarnate WAS condemned that we would be justified.[/b]
    Do you think it is morally acceptable for Islamic countries to execute homosexuals?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 09:282 edits
    I do notice some awful BIG MOUTHS are strangely quiet. Maybe they're away ?
    It was the middle of the night (in the UK) when you posted this.

You do realise that not everyone in the world is on US time, right?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 09:32
    Originally posted by @fmf
    "Strangely quiet"? How many minutes is it since you started this thread?
    Sonship started the thread at midnight UK time and 95 minutes later (01:30) he was thumping his keyboard demanding replies from people thousands of miles away.

And after he had to,d me in another thread that he didn’t want to engage with me in the forum.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 09:33
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    God told the Jews to stone adulterers to death.
    Jesus told people not to do it.
    Would you say that Jesus Christ thought he was more righteous than God?
    Ops .. but then Jesus is God.
    So Jesus thought he was more righteous than himself.
    Excellent post Sir.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 09:36
    This thread must be a contender for the “fastest underpants at ankles” award in rhp history.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 09:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 09:59
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Did the law of Moses say anything about who is without sin. The fact is adulterers were stoned to death. It made no difference who was with sin or without sin.

Jesus changed a law made by God
    Was Jesus more righteous than God? Why are you avoiding the same question you are asking people?
    I will not chase after that dubious rabbit trail now.

I am interested in those who are so confident that God condoned something evil and Jesus called this God - "Righteous", if their goodness exceeds that of Christ's.

It seems that they should be able to plainly affirm it does.

God condones evil slavery.
    Jesus condones God.
    Are they then more righteous than BOTH the Father and the Son?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 10:04
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    By my timeline, you created this thread at midnight and asked this question at 2 in the morning. So I ask you sonship, was I strangely quiet,.....or was I perhaps fast asleep?!

Why you would include me in the OP question is beyond me. As an atheist, I will only ever view Jesus as another human being. Not only that, a human being I never met and o ...[text shortened]... iving truly accompanied his righteous words. Or indeed, if he even existed as he is represented.
    Whether Jesus Christ is fictional or historical, merely human or human and divine, you can tell us if you think you are more right as to morality than this One.

You advertize that you can condemn the God you don't believe in as inferior to your morality. So then why can't you compare yourself to a questioned Jesus of Nazareth in the same way?

Are you then more righteous, more moral, more ethical to the man you know (fictionally or historically) as Jesus Christ?

Yes or No?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 10:143 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Sonship started the thread at midnight UK time and 95 minutes later (01:30) he was thumping his keyboard demanding replies from people thousands of miles away.

And after he had to,d me in another thread that he didn’t want to engage with me in the forum.
    I'd skip the trivialities to get to the point here.

You wax confident that God condoned the indefensible.
    The Son of God "condones" God calling Him His "Righteous Father".

You condemn His Father as condoning the indefensible.
    Are you then more righteous then both Jesus the Son and His "Righteous Father" ?

"Righteous Father, though the world has not known You, yet I have known You, and these know that you have sent Me." (John 17:25)

Would YOU answer - "Oh, I HAVE known that God and He condoned the indefensible evil institution of slavery. He is not as righteous as me." ?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 10:321 edit
    Who participating in discussions on this Forum believes that they are more righteous than Jesus Christ?

We have Divegeester, for example, boldly claiming that the laws of God concerning slavery in the Pentateuch were "indefensible."

Who are the posters here who believe their righteousness, their morality, and their ethics are [b]greater
    then that of Jesus Christ ?

This is the place for you to confess that to all of us.[/b]
    In Leviticus 25:44-46 God is depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery.

This flies in the face of what Jesus taught is the foundation of the will of God:
    Matthew 7
    12“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22
    37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole law and the prophets.”

Chattel slavery flies in the face of "treat people the same way you want them to treat you".
    Chattel slavery flies in the face of "‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF".
    Chattel slavery flies in the face of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

As I posted in the OP of the "God Condoned Chattel Slavery" thread:
    "Why not simply assert that the depiction of God condoning chattel slavery by the Jews was wrong since it is antithetical to the teachings of Jesus?".

Your defense of God being depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery IS indefensible.

So if anyone has shown themselves to "believe their righteousness, their morality, and their ethics are greater then that of Jesus Christ" it is you.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 10:35
    Originally posted by @thinkofone to sonship
    So if anyone has shown themselves to "believe their righteousness, their morality, and their ethics are greater then that of Jesus Christ" it is you.
    This is surely a lemon juice in sonship's papercuts moment.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 10:431 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    In Leviticus 25:44-46 God is depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery.

This flies in the face of what Jesus taught is the foundation of the will of God:
    [quote]Matthew 7
    12“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22
    37And He said to hi ...[text shortened]... sness, their morality, and their ethics are [b]greater
    then that of Jesus Christ" it is you.[/b]
    I looked through your post to find my specific answer to the QUESTION posed. I could not readily locate it.

Could you please clarify whether that was a YES you are more righteous than Jesus Christ or NO you are not?

WHICH?

And as a side point, what you mentioned in Matt 7:12 was also mentioned by Yahweh concerning treatment of any the stranger in the land in Leviticus 19:33,34 and in Deut. 10:19.

Are you More Righteous then Jesus ?
    He "condoned" God as "Righteous Father" .

Oh, I don't even think anymore about you having to courage to come out of the closet and admit atheism. Your cowardice / timidity certainly is not more righteous then the courage of Jesus.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 10:47
    I'd skip the trivialities to get to the point here.

You wax confident that God condoned the indefensible.
    The Son of God "condones" God calling Him His [b]"Righteous Father"

You condemn His Father as condoning the indefensible.
    Are you then more righteous then both Jesus the Son and His "Righteous Father" ?

[quote] "Righteous Fath ...[text shortened]... ned the indefensible evil institution of slavery. He is not as righteous as me." ?
    I’ll ask you the questions again 😞
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    Is it morally acceptable to you to stone homosexuals to death?

Leviticus 20:13
    Sonship?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    Do you think it is morally acceptable for Islamic countries to execute homosexuals?
    Sonship?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree