1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 18:03
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    following the migration of the hebrews, they likely picked up on monotheism from the heretical akhenaten sect in egypt and zoroastrianism in mesopotamia regions and later on, picked up the sumerian/babylonian creation and global flood (and some other) stories from their exile in babylon.

along the way, they seem to have picked up other stories as well, ...[text shortened]... eded to united the loose tribes of the region in solidarity with common "history" and purpose.
    Out lasted ancient Egypt for sure.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 18:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No need for argument, it's all a load of crap anyway. The creation myth christians think is theirs is older than Judaism, plagiarized from very ancient egyptian mythology. I know from where I speak, I saw the cartouche drawings depicting it at the Cairo museum. I lived in Israel for 4 years, family included. Saw the original dead sea scrolls in Jerusalem wh ...[text shortened]... ed, saw a lot actually.

One guy here says it's even older than Egypt, Sumarian myth also.
    http://ldolphin.org/eden/
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 18:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it doesn't offer any specifics, the list offers a list of the accepted geological sequence of
    events , the processes as espoused by the genesis account without specifics, which is
    after all not a scientific textbook as you may or may not have noticed.
    The list mentions nothing at all about 'geological sequences', it explicilty mentions the 'Genesis creation account' and then lists ten 10 major stages mentioned in the genesis account. The second stage being the primitive earth 'enshrouded in heavy gases and water'. You know, as well as i do, that the Biblical creation account makes no such claim at all regarding 'heavy gases and water', if it did you'd be able, and would have already, produced that piece of scripture in the blink of an eye.

Why is this Watchtower article claiming the Genesis creation account makes reference to the earth being 'enshrouded in heavy gases and water' when it quite clearly does not?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 18:11
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Why is this Watchtower article claiming the Genesis creation account makes reference to the earth being 'enshrouded in heavy gases and water' when it quite clearly does not?
    Perhaps it's pre 1914 and open to error or interpretation?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 18:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Perhaps it's pre 1914 and open to error or interpretation?
    This bad boy is from 1985. 🙂
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 18:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i have explained it three times now, with reference and example, i will not do so again.
    The matter should be perfectly clear to any rational and reasonable individual.
    Yes, you've made it perfectly clear what the difference is between light and a source of light. Unfortunately no one ever questioned that this difference exists.

What I have done is ask you how this relates to your chronology. Something which you have failed to do. So again, is this the chronology according to you ?

Day 1; Sun is created
    Day 3; Land plants come into existence
    Day 4; For the first time, the sun is no longer obscured by clouds or something similar ?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 21:33
    yes, but the primitive hebrews didn't know that. that's why they had their tribal deity create the moon as a light source.
    There were many things the so-called primitive Hebrews did not know, just like there are many things primitive modern humans do not know. That is why God had to tell Moses to start a written record of these things.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 21:40
    No need for argument, it's all a load of crap anyway. The creation myth christians think is theirs is older than Judaism, plagiarized from very ancient egyptian mythology. I know from where I speak, I saw the cartouche drawings depicting it at the Cairo museum. I lived in Israel for 4 years, family included. Saw the original dead sea scrolls in Jerusalem wh ...[text shortened]... ed, saw a lot actually.

One guy here says it's even older than Egypt, Sumarian myth also.
    You are very ignorant for a man who has seen so much first hand.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 21:42
    following the migration of the hebrews, they likely picked up on monotheism from the heretical akhenaten sect in egypt and zoroastrianism in mesopotamia regions and later on, picked up the sumerian/babylonian creation and global flood (and some other) stories from their exile in babylon.

along the way, they seem to have picked up other stories as well, ...[text shortened]... eded to united the loose tribes of the region in solidarity with common "history" and purpose.
    Where did all these other groups pick up there stories?
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 01:141 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Where did all these other groups pick up there stories?
    much of it was picked up from the sumerians. the sumerians are the earliest known civilization and the ones who first invented written language, record keeping, agriculture, commerce and they were first to organize religion into the modern kinds we are familiar with today.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 01:26
    There were many things the so-called primitive Hebrews did not know, just like there are many things primitive modern humans do not know. That is why God had to tell Moses to start a written record of these things.
    So THAT'S when he started plagiarizing. Must have been difficult, trying to remember all the Sumerian and Egyptian tales, keeping them straight so he could make a 'sensible' tale out of all that to him was ancient mythology.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 01:44
    much of it was picked up from the sumerians. the sumerians are the earliest known civilization and the ones who first invented written language, record keeping, agriculture, commerce and they were first to organize religion into the modern kinds we are familiar with today.
    There are no sumerians or people who speak a sumerian language today.
    However, there are a people that speak the Hebrew language today.
    I say God favored those Hebrew people and their language over the sumerians.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 01:503 edits
    So THAT'S when he started plagiarizing. Must have been difficult, trying to remember all the Sumerian and Egyptian tales, keeping them straight so he could make a 'sensible' tale out of all that to him was ancient mythology.
    God was there when it all happened, so it was easy to keep everything straight. The idea that the Egyptians and the Sumerians were the first is another fairy tale for grownups cooked up by the atheists and evolutionary crowd that don't know any better. May God have some mercy on their souls and not let them be tormented more than they can take. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 20:091 edit
    There are no sumerians or people who speak a sumerian language today.
    However, there are a people that speak the Hebrew language today.
    I say God favored those Hebrew people and their language over the sumerians.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
    Yes there are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_People

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashurism
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '12 20:50
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Yes there are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_People

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashurism
    The earliest historical records in the region do not go back much further than ca. 2900 BC. Akkadian gradually replaced Sumerian as a spoken language somewhere around the turn of the 3rd and the 2nd millennium BC, but Sumerian continued to be used as a sacred, ceremonial, literary and scientific language in Babylonia and Assyria until the 1st century AD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumer

Sumarian and akkadian are extinct languages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_languages_of_Asia

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree