1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 18:59
    Has anybody wondered how the Hebrews, when leaving Egypt, came to possess enough gold to cover a golden calf. The answer is in Egyptian records of the time. Seems they pillaged a city and took what they needed and wanted on the way to the desert. Pharoah's heart did not harden, he was chasing a bunch of criminals. And their "god" did not punish them ? How quaint.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 19:19
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Has anybody wondered how the Hebrews, when leaving Egypt, came to possess enough gold to cover a golden calf. The answer is in Egyptian records of the time. Seems they pillaged a city and took what they needed and wanted on the way to the desert. Pharoah's heart did not harden, he was chasing a bunch of criminals. And their "god" did not punish them ? How quaint.
    "Has anybody wondered how the Hebrews, when leaving Egypt, came to possess enough gold to cover a golden calf. The answer is in Egyptian records of the time. Seems they pillaged a city and took what they needed and wanted on the way to the desert."

Maybe.

Pharoah's heart did not harden, he was chasing a bunch of criminals. And their "God" did not punish them?

All 3 are false.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 19:29
    I think could be wrong but didn't they get gold and items from the Egyptians? As they were fleeing or leaving? Also they took all of their gold artifacts & jewelry I think and melted it. Now I need to read the account again. Did they pillage a city? An Egyptian account of the story? I've heard that there are not a lot of accounts from the Egyptian side because for them it was a defeat of sorts. (Maybe more research is required)

Manny
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 20:41
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Escaped slaves have a fundamental human right to rob their masters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree