Moses was a terrorist

Moses was a terrorist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Feb 15

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Are you daft,
Not as daft as you, clearly.

or do you honestly not know that to weild political influence, one must live in the community which one is wishing to influence?
Not true in the slightest. In addition, the Jews did live int eh community they wished to influence.

The Jews were (in essence) suing for divorce from Egypt.
Using political influence.

As already and clearly stated, they were not attempting to change or influence the local governance of Egypt;
Yes, they most definitely were.

they were attempting to get away from Egypt.
Huge difference.

Except its not a dichotomy.

Pro tip: don't call people daft and then follow it up with a string of ridiculously wrong statements.

Z

Moves
02 Feb 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Are you daft, or do you honestly not know that to weild political influence, one must live in the community which one is wishing to influence?

The Jews were (in essence) suing for divorce from Egypt.

As already and clearly stated, they were not attempting to change or influence the local governance of Egypt; they were attempting to get away from Egypt.
Huge difference.
terrorism is not about changing or influencing local governance. an action is called terrorism not according to a declared purpose but because of the means used to pursue that purpose (plus the instances where there isn't even a purpose).

if you engage in terrorist acts (acts meant to cause terror), you are a terrorist.

killing every first born child fits the bill quite nicely.

EDIT: also what twhite said.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Feb 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
You do know that the story is fictional, Moses never existed and the exodus never happened, mainly because the Egyptians never did keep them as slaves...
I suppose next you'll be saying that the Holocaust never happened.

Z

Moves
02 Feb 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
doesn't follow.

you already knew you are saying something stupid, though, right?

Moves
02 Feb 15
1 edit

The Holocaust is a real event that we have massive evidence [and currently
still surviving ... survivors/witnesses] in terms of documents and archaeological
finds and the perpetrators on record admitting to doing it.

The massive overwhelming majority of historians agree it happened and we have massive
evidence supporting that expert consensus.

However, the expert consensus with regards to Moses and the Exodus is that it's
fictional. It's a rehash and composite of centuries older characters and stories.
The archaeological evidence that should exist if it were true does not exist.

And the stories as told are logistically impossible.

It's fiction.

As is almost everything in the bible.

EDIT: Also.... That's an exceptionally and repulsively insulting and stupid thing you just
accused me of.... Just so you know.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
02 Feb 15

The Holocaust is a real event that we have massive evidence [and currently
still surviving ... survivors/witnesses] in terms of documents and archaeological
finds and the perpetrators on record admitting to doing it.

The massive overwhelming majority of historians agree it happened and we have massive
evidence supporting that expert consensus.
...[text shortened]... onally and repulsively insulting and stupid thing you just
the original jews were the Hyksos/nomads people of the sea.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Feb 15
2 edits

EDIT: Also.... That's an exceptionally and repulsively insulting and stupid thing you just
And that puts it on par with what you just said about "almost everything in the Bible being fiction".

Yeah, I'm saying that what you said was "repulsively insulting and stupid".

Pot, Kettle. You don't like it when it comes your way, do you? Then don't sling it my way.

Moves
02 Feb 15

whoaaaa, not cool!!

Moves
02 Feb 15

And that puts it on par with what you just said about "almost everything in the Bible being fiction".

Pot, Kettle. You don't like it when it comes your way, do you? Then don't sling it my way.
...and again!!!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Feb 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
whoaaaa, not cool!!
Why not? Why isn't one anti-semitic statement as good as another?

Oh yeah... "political correctness".

/eyeroll

Moves
02 Feb 15
1 edit

Why not? Why isn't one anti-semitic statement as good as another?

Oh yeah... "political correctness".

/eyeroll
for a start googlefudges comments were not anti-semitic. stating that you dont believe in somebodies god is completely different to denying that they have suffered atrocities. just as it would be perfectly reasonable for me to say that i dont believe in american indian or aborignal gods is totally different to me denying the atrocities that happened to them.

do you also see the hypocrisy? by saying you are a christian....you are therefore admitting that you think the contents of most other religious books it made up. are you being offensive? because you do not believe in the vedas, is this the same as you denying the holocaust?????

another question you need to ask yourself is...is the pain you feel from atheists denying the bible as true the same as a jew feels when people deny the holocaust?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Feb 15

Funny how it always seems to turn out that you were every bit as offended as the other guy, if not more. 😕

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Feb 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
Christian Bale was interviewed about his portrayal of Moses.

His view is that Moses was a terrorist.

-He claims he is doing God's work, that he speaks for God.
-He engaged in 10 plagues. These plagues targeted Egypt's water supply, crops, etc. All of them target civilians and the military indiscriminately.
-The last plague killed children, a chil ...[text shortened]... rom the supernatural factors, what difference is there between moses and palestinian terrorists?
Originally posted by Zahlanzi (OP)
"Aside from the supernatural factors, what difference is there between moses and palestinian terrorists?..."

It's somewhat encouraging to hear you tacitly acknowledge the possibility if not the fact of "supernatural factors".

Moves
03 Feb 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Originally posted by Zahlanzi (OP)
"Aside from the supernatural factors, what difference is there between moses and palestinian terrorists?..."

It's somewhat encouraging to hear you tacitly acknowledge the possibility if not the fact of "supernatural factors".
Here for quick reference is the OP posted by Zahlanzi

Christian Bale was interviewed about his portrayal of Moses.

His view is that Moses was a terrorist.

-He claims he is doing God's work, that he speaks for God.
-He engaged in 10 plagues. These plagues targeted Egypt's water supply, crops, etc. All of them target civilians and the military indiscriminately.
-The last plague killed children, a child from every family.
-Viewed by his people as a freedom fighter.
-Did not stop until his people was free (until his goals were achieved)

Aside from the supernatural factors, what difference is there between moses and palestinian terrorists?

GB's post I am responding to

That's not actually what Zahlanzi did.

The stories we have about Moses include supernatural elements which is
definitely not a feature of modern Palestinian Terrorists.

Zahlanzi was simply making it clear that he was looking for differences
other than one included supernatural elements and the other didn't.

This doesn't mean in any way that Zahlanzi was acknowledging the
possibility of the supernatural actually existing.

Or even necessarily that Moses existed or that ANY of the elements in the
stories [in the film] about him are actually true.

Now Zahlanzi might believe that the supernatural does, or might, exist.
And might believe that Moses was real and that at least some of the
elements of the story are true.

However, nothing in the OP he posted indicate any of that.

I bring this up because this is pretty basic English comprehension and logical
analysis. And it's hard to debate or even converse with someone if they make
errors this basic and large.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Feb 15
1 edit

At least we can agree that you are either a pot or a kettle for making the statement you did. Just because you think you can find another equally dirty object, doesn't mean you were less wrong to say it.

No please explain in a bit more detail why you find the claim that And that "almost everything in the Bible being fiction" was "repulsively insulting and stupid". Did you feel that he was insulting you when he said it? If so, why? Why do you think it was stupid to say it?

I too am of the opinion that much of the Bible is fictional and I do not think my opinion should be insulting to anyone unless they desperately want to feel insulted, nor do I think my opinion stupid given that it is based on a significant amount of knowledge of the Bible and its history, and I am reasonably intelligent.
If you like, we can go through each book of the Bible and discuss whether or not 'fiction' would be a reasonable label that a rational person who has no religious agenda would assign to it.
Or am I stupid because I am not religious and lack faith?