1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 04:04
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The Zhou dynasty was the longest, most peaceful dynasty in Chinese history. It had been around for 600 years before the TTC was written. Before the Zhou dynasty was the Shang dynasty, which was led by kings. Here's a list of them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shang_Dynasty#Shang_dynasty_kings
    you think 300 years of war to establish a dynasty was peaceful?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 04:55
    Originally posted by duecer
    the term has been borrowed from the pagan traditions, but I think an interesting concept has been ignored or marginalized by the Patriarchy of Chrisianity, Judeism, and Islam.

Long before there was a patriarchy, there was a matriarchy. The world was a far more peaceful place, and there was a far deepr respect for nature and the bounty it provides.

How d ...[text shortened]... feminine, and accept that both male and female are equally important parts of the Divine order?
    You have made a number of claims here, none of which you have given any real evidence for. Would you like to try and back them up with references of some sort?
    1. All (or most) societies in the past were matriarchal.
    2. The world was more peaceful in the past. (during a period of matriarchal societies).
    3. There was a deeper respect for the environment during matriarchal societies.
    4. Men and women being equally important should lead to a society in which they are equal (or possible a matriarchal society in which women are superior).
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 05:54
    exactly. previous to that era china was ruled by a matriarchy
    What about the ancient women warriors of the Amazon?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 08:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    yeah your a dude, you just hang around, these warrior women come and make a raid on you, carry you away with the express purpose of making love to you, so that you may father her children, wow, long live the Amazonians.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 08:35
    Is there any evidence that countries with female leaders (presidents, prime ministers etc) are more peaceful than countries with male leaders? What about countries with a higher proportion of women in leadership roles?
    I must admit that I do not know of any recent female dictators, but that does not really tell us anything about whether or not a female dictator would be more peaceful than a male one.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 08:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Is there any evidence that countries with female leaders (presidents, prime ministers etc) are more peaceful than countries with male leaders? What about countries with a higher proportion of women in leadership roles?
    I must admit that I do not know of any recent female dictators, but that does not really tell us anything about whether or not a female dictator would be more peaceful than a male one.
    perhaps you never experienced the Thatcher regime for you are not i think a U.K citizen, never the less, it was more right wing than one could imagine.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 11:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    perhaps you never experienced the Thatcher regime for you are not i think a U.K citizen, never the less, it was more right wing than one could imagine.
    Of course, last time I had this discussion with a woman her defense was "Thatcher wan't a woman!"
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 11:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Of course, last time I had this discussion with a woman her defense was "Thatcher wan't a woman!"
    Lol, its very funny, however i do feel that women can be equally as right wing as men. Consider the British Raj in India, they were doing alright until the memsahibs showed up and started bossing everyone around. Apparently they were more sticklers for tradition and segregation than the men.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 11:40
    Lol, its very funny, however i do feel that women can be equally as right wing as men. Consider the British Raj in India, they were doing alright until the memsahibs showed up and started bossing everyone around. Apparently they were more sticklers for tradition and segregation than the men.
    Sarah Palin?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 15:49
    yeah your a dude, you just hang around, these warrior women come and make a raid on you, carry you away with the express purpose of making love to you, so that you may father her children, wow, long live the Amazonians.
    Sounds like a dream I had the other night....

Anyway, the truth of the matter is that the men were more like slaves and then they would kill off the male offspring in favor of female offspring. You know, kinda like China in reverse.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 18:17
    OMG I'm agreeing with Robbie 😀
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 18:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sorry to ruin your dreams but the Amazonians are a myth. (Although women warriors probably did exist in ancient times)
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 18:291 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    OMG I'm agreeing with Robbie 😀
    OMG im on the same wavelength as Wolfgang (shall be on suicide watch for the next twenty-four hours, the nightmares, ahhh the horror, Out, damned spot! out, I say! )

if i do not return someone take over my games against Noobster and dont worry, he offered up incense and incantations to an effigy of Stevo Hawkins and petitioned it for wisdom but it wont do him any good, God is delivering him into my hand as we speak!
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 19:53
    you think 300 years of war to establish a dynasty was peaceful?
    You mean the war that took place 600 years before the TTC was written?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 21:241 edit
    xpln plz
    Not familiar enough with Judaism or Islam to say, but in the case of Christianity, there is much bigotry (including misogyny) outside the teachings of Jesus in the Bible. The OT and the teachings of Paul seem to be good places to look. So long as bigots can point to those teachings, they will proclaim they are "only following the word of God" or some such nonsense. We have many such people who post regularly on this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree