1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 02:47
    the term has been borrowed from the pagan traditions, but I think an interesting concept has been ignored or marginalized by the Patriarchy of Chrisianity, Judeism, and Islam.

Long before there was a patriarchy, there was a matriarchy. The world was a far more peaceful place, and there was a far deepr respect for nature and the bounty it provides.

How does the Judeo-Christo-muslim world move beyond the oppression of women and the feminine, and accept that both male and female are equally important parts of the Divine order?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 02:51
    Originally posted by duecer
    the term has been borrowed from the pagan traditions, but I think an interesting concept has been ignored or marginalized by the Patriarchy of Chrisianity, Judeism, and Islam.

Long before there was a patriarchy, there was a matriarchy. The world was a far more peaceful place, and there was a far deepr respect for nature and the bounty it provides.

How d ...[text shortened]... feminine, and accept that both male and female are equally important parts of the Divine order?
    Besides moving past dogma they hold as sacred?
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:16
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Besides moving past dogma they hold as sacred?
    xpln plz
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:211 edit

How d ...[text shortened]... feminine, and accept that both male and female are equally important parts of the Divine order?
    I think it only natural for us to look back in time and view it as the "golden years". However, I find that the more objective I look at my past the less sentimentality I have for that era. What I always tell myself is, if yesterday was so great in comparison to today, then why did it lead me to a lesser existence today?
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think it only natural for us to look back in time and view it as the "golden years". However, I find that the more objective I look at my past the less sentimentality I have for that era. What I always tell myself is, if yesterday was so great in comparison to today, then why did it lead me to a lesser existence today?
    I'm not talking about a generation or two, but thousands of years.

An example: When the Taoe Te Ching was written, it was in response to the cultural change in Chinese society. For centuries prior, they were a peaceful matriarchal culture. There was a gradual shift that led to a move away from maternal leadership, and into a warrior led society. This led to nearly 300 years of war. Lao Tzu called for the return to harmonius and balanced living, honoring the sacred feminine as equal to the masculine.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:42

Whaaaaa I want my mommy! :'(
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:46

Don't be ridiculous.

It's a man's world. Always has been and always will be.

Only morons oppress women.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:51

The world was a far more peaceful place, and there was a far deepr respect for nature and the bounty it provides.

This is a dubious assertion.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    Whaaaaa I want my mommy! :'(
    If you're bad Daddy will punish you!
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:54
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]The world was a far more peaceful place, and there was a far deepr respect for nature and the bounty it provides.

This is a dubious assertion.[/b]
    nonesense, prove your assertion. Mine is proven by default. 12000 years ago they didn't have war machines, siege weapons were instituted during patriarchal rule.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:56
    I'm not talking about a generation or two, but thousands of years.

An example: When the Taoe Te Ching was written, it was in response to the cultural change in Chinese society. For centuries prior, they were a peaceful matriarchal culture. There was a gradual shift that led to a move away from maternal leadership, and into a warrior led society. This led ...[text shortened]... eturn to harmonius and balanced living, honoring the sacred feminine as equal to the masculine.
    Tao Te Ching was written during the Zhou dynasty, the rulers who brought China the concept of the Mandate of Heaven which granted the Emporer, or Son of Heaven (not daughter!) divine right to rule.
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:58
    women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia (religous reasons)

Women have to sit in the back (and seperated from men) in Orthodox Jewish temples, and they are not allowed to speak

Denominations like Catholicism and Southern Baptist will not ordain women

all examples of misplaced misogyny
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:581 edit
    nonesense, prove your assertion. Mine is proven by default. 12000 years ago they didn't have war machines, siege weapons were instituted during patriarchal rule.
    What assertion? You said things were more peaceful at that time. I didn't say they were more violent. You have the burden of proof.

100 years ago there were no nuclear weapons, clearly everyone else is more peaceful than the Americans...that's the kind of logic you're using.

Are you aware that it's likely Easter Island's human population died out precisely because of the poor way they treated their environment?
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 03:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Tao Te Ching was written during the Zhou dynasty, the rulers who brought China the concept of the Mandate of Heaven which granted the Emporer, or Son of Heaven (not daughter!) divine right to rule.
    exactly. previous to that era china was ruled by a matriarchy
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 04:02
    exactly. previous to that era china was ruled by a matriarchy
    The Zhou dynasty was the longest, most peaceful dynasty in Chinese history. It had been around for 600 years before the TTC was written. Before the Zhou dynasty was the Shang dynasty, which was led by kings. Here's a list of them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shang_Dynasty#Shang_dynasty_kings

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree