1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 17:41
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    And don't waste your time evangelizing; stay on topic. MARAUDER

I wasn't the one who laucnhed into paragraphs of brahmic rhetoric that was at best loosely connected with the thread!!!
    The BTV concept resolves the questions presented in your first post. How that is "at best loosely connected with the thread" is difficult to understand.
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 17:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I do read books; I suggest you give it a try. More knowledge never hurts.

If you are uninterested in other's views on religion/philosophy, why do you post on this forum?
    If you are uninterested in other's views on religion/philosophy, why do you post on this forum?MARAUDER

Amazing coincidence! I was just thinking of asking you this. You do far worse than show no interest in my religion/philosophy. You distort , twist and present a pseudo version of my God without realising that I don't believe in that rubbish either.

BTW- It was YOU that implied your belief was irrelevant to my life , so if this is true why should I be motivated in finding out something that's both unknowable and irrelevant? You could of course take this back and say your belief is relevant to me but that would be a bit of a u-turn on what you have already said.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 17:52
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    If you are uninterested in other's views on religion/philosophy, why do you post on this forum?MARAUDER

Amazing coincidence! I was just thinking of asking you this. You do far worse than show no interest in my religion/philosophy. You distort , twist and present a pseudo version of my God without realising that I don't believe in that rubbish either ...[text shortened]... belief is relevant to me but that would be a bit of a u-turn on what you have already said.
    I said no such thing; do you even bother to read other people's posts? You admitted that the God I described as the Western theist version is the one you believe in, yet now accuse me of distorting and twisting! You're being ridiculous.

BTW, I didn't imply and could hardly care whether you think my beliefs are relevant or not. What I did say in effect is that it's not all about you - meaning every one of us. Reality is reality; you should be considering what the evidence is to support your beliefs, not ignoring the evidence because the mere idea that there might not be a God that isn't personally interested in you bruises your ego.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree