1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 20:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Noobster, again it is a complete failure on your part to make a distinction between the person and the act. Why you do not understand this point i do not know? if someone commits a crime, they are a criminal, are they condemned for who they are? no they are punished because of the act which they have committed! thus Christians do not in any way h ...[text shortened]... should have a stance contrary to your own.

You should learn to live and let live Noobster.
    The difference Robbie between a criminal and a homosexual is this.

A criminal makes a choice, somebody who is gay doesn't. I know you don't think that, but that is why we differ.

What happens if a man was gay but didn't engage in any sexual intercourse, would that be okay?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 21:012 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The difference Robbie between a criminal and a homosexual is this.

A criminal makes a choice, somebody who is gay doesn't. I know you don't think that, but that is why we differ.

What happens if a man was gay but didn't engage in any sexual intercourse, would that be okay?
    if a man is gay and commits no sexual act, then how can he stand condemned? it is the act that is condemned not the person! this is getting quite monotonous now that you are unable to make the distinction Noobster ol son?
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '09 16:05
    if a man is gay and commits no sexual act, then how can he stand condemned? it is the act that is condemned not the person! this is getting quite monotonous now that you are unable to make the distinction Noobster ol son?
    if a man thinks of murder, fantasies about it but yet never actually goes through with it are the doors of heaven still open it him?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Oct '09 23:24
    I've been thinking about this topic today, and doing a bit of research on the JW's and their stance on homosexuality which i will come to shortly.

If i accept your view that there is God, and this God created something as amazing and as infinite as the cosmos. I just can't comprehend why he would be at all concerned as to what me and my willy get up to. It's just utterly ridiculous.

You can't put him in there, you can't do that with him. Sorry, you're not allowed to do that either. Yes, that's what you are allowed to do with your willy. Anything else and you are a sinner!!!

Have you come across the Kingdom Ministry School Textbook called "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to all the flock"?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '09 23:312 edits
    I've been thinking about this topic today, and doing a bit of research on the JW's and their stance on homosexuality which i will come to shortly.

If i accept your view that there is God, and this God created something as amazing and as infinite as the cosmos. I just can't comprehend why he would be at all concerned as to what me and my willy get up t om Ministry School Textbook called "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to all the flock"?
    it is as I have stated , a much bigger issue than you and your willy Noobster. it is the issue of universal sovereignty. if you have been visiting apostate websites with the sole purpose of tearing to shreds the literature of Jehovahs witnesses, then spare me, i am uninterested. If it is a genuine concern or clarification that you seek, then if i can clarify it, then i shall, but i warn you, i have no time for apostate literature, designed with the specific intent of tearing away a persons faith.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Oct '09 23:34
    it is as I have stated , a much bigger issue than you and your willy Noobster. it is the issue of universal sovereignty.
    What on earth does universal sovereignty mean?

Are you telling me everytime i knock one off i should be worried about universal sovereignty? That's not very sexy!!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '09 23:372 edits

Are you telling me everytime i knock one off i should be worried about universal sovereignty? That's not very sexy!!
    universal sovereignty, is the issue of whether God, has the right as sovereign, to set standards of conduct, or whether humans, independent from God, may set their own standards of morality, it was first questioned, in Biblical terms, from the account of Adam and Eve, who chose to decide for themselves, what standards of morality they would set.

please i dont know what 'knock one off means', and i dont think its appropriate that you discuss it on a public forum.

but its late me friend, i have been up since five in the morning, after not too many hours sleep and i am wasted,
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    20 Oct '09 23:46

It means that someone can claim that as an excuse for their thoughts, feelings and actions in a pathetic attempt to evade responsibility while you are supposed to be responsible to the creator of the universe for every drop you waste. Not very fair - is it? Good thing it is only a narcissistic delusion.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 01:42
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    It means that someone can claim that as an excuse for their thoughts, feelings and actions in a pathetic attempt to evade responsibility while you are supposed to be responsible to the creator of the universe for every drop you waste. Not very fair - is it? Good thing it is only a narcissistic delusion.
    nope, this is clearly erroneous, for when one places oneself under the authority of God, one is not advocating ones own original ideas, nor establishing ones own authority, buy upholding Gods. this is not some type of get out clause as you suggest Jacko, on the contrary, it may be much harder to hold ones integrity under trial for a principle, and what is more, coming under Gods authority and applying Godly principles in ones life, will make one a more responsible individual, through the exercise of conscience. You obviously did not get the import of my other statement in a previous post, for your claims of narcissistic delusion could not be further from the truth for you yourself are advocating some type of freedom from God, yet you are enslaved to human wisdom!
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 09:28
    it is as I have stated , a much bigger issue than you and your willy Noobster. it is the issue of universal sovereignty. if you have been visiting apostate websites with the sole purpose of tearing to shreds the literature of Jehovahs witnesses, then spare me, i am uninterested. If it is a genuine concern or clarification that you seek, then if i ...[text shortened]... time for apostate literature, designed with the specific intent of tearing away a persons faith.
    You may deem it a much bigger issue than me and my willy, but the aforementioned member is of such huge size it is hard to easily dismiss.

From what i inderstand so far, universal sovereignty is allegedly Gods moral code, and depending on what i get up to with my own willy (the site wont let me type pen1s), will ultimately result in me breaking the sovereignty. I just can't see that the creator of the cosmos would be concerned with what me and a piece of my anatomy get up to.

'Knocking one off' is another term for masturbation Robbie. This is the 21st century, it appears from what i've read JW's views regarding sexuality are stuck in the 19th century, but nevertheless we are adults (some of us) and shouldn't shirk away from these issues.

if you have been visiting apostate websites with the sole purpose of tearing to shreds the literature of Jehovahs witnesses, then spare me, i am uninterested

No, far from it. As you know JW's come knocking, uninvited on peoples doors handing out their propoganda, do you not think i'm not entitled to do some research to find out their beliefs? Or should i just accept it blindly?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 10:363 edits
    You may deem it a much bigger issue than me and my willy, but the aforementioned member is of such huge size it is hard to easily dismiss.

From what i inderstand so far, universal sovereignty is allegedly Gods moral code, and depending on what i get up to with my own willy (the site wont let me type pen1s), will ultimately result in me breaking the so itled to do some research to find out their beliefs? Or should i just accept it blindly?
    Lol, i know your not called proper nob for nuthin you know! that aside my dear Noobster, universal sovereignty covers not only areas of sexuality, but many aspects concerning our lives. i am truly happy that you have taken the time to research what are some of these 'beliefs', as you call them, when in fact they are the operation of the conscience under gods soveriegnty, but never the less, it is admirable and there has been found nobility in you Noobster, despite the occasional obscenity.

I only mention the cause for being selective in what you read concerning Jehovahs Witnesses Proper One, for many are the opposer's and their motives are not to bring someone closer to an accurate knowledge of Biblical truth, but to hinder and prevent this. They are aptly described in the Biblical book of Jude

(Jude 11-13) . . .Too bad for them, because they have gone in the path of Cain, and have rushed into the erroneous course of Baaam for reward, and have perished in the rebellious talk of Korah!  These are the rocks hidden below water in your love feasts while they feast with you, shepherds that feed themselves without fear; waterless clouds carried this way and that by winds; trees in late autumn, but fruitless, having died twice, having been uprooted;  wild waves of the sea that foam up their own causes for shame; stars with no set course, for which the blackness of darkness stands reserved forever.

I apologise for attributing to you motives that were less than pure, this is not fitting for a Christian, because 'love believes all things', in other words, assigns a pure motive and is not cynical. 🙂

what is of real interest is that the principles which guide us, although thousands of years old, are incredibly practical for modern Family life, and yes , we are adults, and we should feel free to discuss them, although with dignity at all times.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree