Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 11:53
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Sometimes my obnoxious brother
    it seems to me that you came a long way
    within a fractal of Time
    Maybe it's coz of your bran nu magic hat😵
    Let's just say it took a while for the oven to fire up, but suddenly I'm starting to roast.
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 11:58
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Let's just say it took a while for the oven to fire up, but suddenly I'm starting to roast.
    Roast not
    it's just your afterburner
    so keep flyin low n hard
    Having a good time😵
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 12:05
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Roast not
    it's just your afterburner
    so keep flyin low n hard
    Having a good time😵
    I can't burn unless I roast first.

Meanwhile I am having a good time 🙂
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 12:06
    I can't burn unless I roast first.

Meanwhile I am having a good time 🙂
    OK then
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 23:17
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]this is the funniest thing i've ever heard.
    Don't get out much, huh?

you really are a sad little man.
    More melancholy than sad, really.

not everything you believe to be true is believed by others and the people who you respect so much don't even exist in the eyes of others. you need to realize that.
    A universal belief is not r ...[text shortened]... your sake--- you'll never get that opportunity. But you knew that going in, didn't you?[/b]
    Don't get out much, huh?

you're right, i should've said that it was the funniest thing that i've read in the spirtualty forum. which considering i don't read any of it isn't really much of a feat.

good for you 😕

A universal belief is not required or expected by either me or God. Holding to a common thread of decency and professionalism, however, is not outside the bounds of reasonable expectation. If you truly hold to the preposterous idea that the historical figures written about in the various biblical accounts are somehow imaginary, well, your troubles go beyond simply being a gutter snipe.

this is laughable. a lot of the christians i know have such a gullible belief in everything in the bible that they can't function like a normal human being when confronted with an alternative belief system. at least i respect your right to believe what you believe, i don't believe it to be true and i will make fun of it but i don't go around shouting that you shouldn't believe this or you should believe in that. you and others like you expect the rest of the world to see things the way you do. not all of us do and you have to respect that. i know you'll say it's rich me talking about respect when i have shown no respect to mary in my story. why are you even posting in this thread? stop wasting your time defending fiction that insulted a different piece of fiction.

Here's an idea: how about saying something true?

maybe what i said is true....how would you know? you believe one set of ridiculous text why not another.

Fortunately--- for your sake--- you'll never get that opportunity. But you knew that going in, didn't you?

it's possible that we've already met. unless you've been locked in a mental institution the last 24 years?

anyway i'm none with this conversation. you can't change the way i think and behave on the matter and i'm not even going to trey and change your thoughts, i just feel sorry for you that you don't have a little more tolerance for others different to yourself.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 00:09
    Free speech, when tied to free opinion, does not cause any one any type of discernable harm. According to your broad brush, even hate speech ought to be tolerated.
    Not tolerated, but not censored, either. Hate speech needs to be confronted and refuted, not buried by some censor.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 09:02
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Not tolerated, but not censored, either. Hate speech needs to be confronted and refuted, not buried by some censor.
    Confronted and refuted.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 09:03
    Confronted and refuted.
    Confruted.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 16:57
    Confruted.
    Crefrounted.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 17:34
    Originally posted by trev33
    Don't get out much, huh?

you're right, i should've said that it was the funniest thing that i've read in the spirtualty forum. which considering i don't read any of it isn't really much of a feat.

good for you 😕

A universal belief is not required or expected by either me or God. Holding to a common ...[text shortened]... t you don't have a little more tolerance for others different to yourself.
    which considering i don't read any of it isn't really much of a feat.
    And therefore, unnecessary to have said in the first place. Curious.

a lot of the christians i know have such a gullible belief in everything in the bible that they can't function like a normal human being when confronted with an alternative belief system.
    Although true, there are also quite a number of non-Christians who suffer from the same malady. BTW, what, exactly, is normal?

at least i respect your right to believe what you believe
    From the sound of your rants, this doesn't ring true.

but i don't go around shouting that you shouldn't believe this or you should believe in that.
    Clearly, you are confused by your own actions and thoughts.

you and others like you expect the rest of the world to see things the way you do.
    So when I say things like a universal acceptance is not expected, you must have a hell of a time reconciling those two opposing ideas.

stop wasting your time defending fiction that insulted a different piece of fiction.
    That it is a waste of time, there is no doubt. That the Bible is a piece of fiction simply reveals your general ignorance about life.

i just feel sorry for you that you don't have a little more tolerance for others different to yourself.
    Sure: I'm about the most intolerant person around.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree