1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    14 Jul '14 22:042 edits
    he's well awesome you see ... he can do everything, get that!? not lots of things, not just more things than we can possibly imagine ... but absolutely everything...check it man ... EVERYTHING!!!
    Oh and he doesn't just know lots of things ... he KNOWS EVERYTHING too!
    Oh and he hasn't been around for a long time, he's been around, like for ages, no scratch that ... he's been around forever!!!
    Oh and he isn't just awesome ... he's PERFECT!!! couldn't be more awesome if he tried (which he wouldn't because he knows absolutely everything!!!)
    Oh and he doesn't love only those that worship him ... he loves EVERYONE - even those that rape and torture people - He couldn't not love them, because then ... well ... he wouldn't love EVERYone, and we can't have that (what if someone else thought of a god that could love more people than mine??? 😲)!!!
    Oh and his punishment for doing what he doesn't like!? oh its the WORST you can ever imagine ... and it goes on for like ... forever!!!!

    Oh and my God, if it took a $hit, it wouldn't stink - oh no ... if he took a $h!t ... it would smell like roses, and not just any old roses of course ... it would be the sweetest smelling thing there could possibly be!!!

    Oh yes ... my god has to be the bestest of the best in the whole wide universe at absolutely everything!!!

    😞
  2. Standard memberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    18319
    14 Jul '14 22:48
    Originally posted by Agerg
    he's well awesome you see ... he can do everything, get that!? not lots of things, not just more things than we can possibly imagine ... but absolutely everything...check it man ... EVERYTHING!!!
    Oh and he doesn't just know lots of things ... he KNOWS EVERYTHING too!
    Oh and he hasn't been around for a long time, he's been around, like for ages, no scratch th ...[text shortened]... d has to be the bestest of the best in the whole wide universe at absolutely everything!!!

    😞
    It sounds like God's a Texan.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    14 Jul '14 22:551 edit
    Originally posted by hakima
    It sounds like God's a Texan.
    heh ... it sounds like you're a Texan! :]
  4. Standard memberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    18319
    14 Jul '14 23:00
    Originally posted by Agerg
    heh ... it sounds like you're a Texan! :]
    Not really...but I live in Texas and I know Texans...

    😉
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    14 Jul '14 23:08
    Originally posted by hakima
    Not really...but I live in Texas and I know Texans...

    😉
    I am from Texas and yes we are awesome...Lol
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 Jul '14 23:15
    Originally posted by hakima
    Not really...but I live in Texas and I know Texans...

    😉
    My wife Evelyn and I lived in Houston for six wonderful years.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    132533
    14 Jul '14 23:42
    Originally posted by hakima
    Not really...but I live in Texas and I know Texans...

    😉
    yer an honest to Gawd texan now, honey,
    because common law done said so...
    you see, you sweetly learned how to sashay,
    and the requirement's been waived for lasso...

    😉
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35517
    14 Jul '14 23:50
    Originally posted by Agerg
    he's well awesome you see ... he can do everything, get that!? not lots of things, not just more things than we can possibly imagine ... but absolutely everything...check it man ... EVERYTHING!!!
    Oh and he doesn't just know lots of things ... he KNOWS EVERYTHING too!
    Oh and he hasn't been around for a long time, he's been around, like for ages, no scratch th ...[text shortened]... d has to be the bestest of the best in the whole wide universe at absolutely everything!!!

    😞
    May I ask you what was your "inspiration" for this "jewel" of literature?

    I mean, I guess what I want to know is, who peed in your Wheaties today?
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    15 Jul '14 00:034 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    May I ask you what was your "inspiration" for this "jewel" of literature?

    I mean, I guess what I want to know is, who peed in your Wheaties today?
    My inspiration? The claim that "God" is omnipotent (and the acknowledgement this entity is widely touted to also be omni-everything else). Tis such a silly concept when one thinks about it.

    Though with the exception of the purposely objectionable penultimate statement (more for cheap comedy than anything else) ... which of those characteristics I describe of the typical theist conception of "God" do you take issue with? I.e. which (if any) of the things that "He" supposedly does do you perhaps not think is:

    absolutely, no questions asked, fantastically, never can be beaten in 10 bazillion-infinion-kajillion-squillion infinities, more awesome than any other conception of things a "God" can do?
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    78502
    15 Jul '14 01:00
    Originally posted by Agerg
    My inspiration? The claim that "God" is omnipotent (and the acknowledgement this entity is widely touted to also be omni-everything else). Tis such a silly concept when one thinks about it.

    Though with the exception of the purposely objectionable penultimate statement (more for cheap comedy than anything else) ... which of those characteristics I describe o ...[text shortened]... kajillion-squillion infinities, more awesome than any other conception of things a "God" can do?
    Omnipotence does imply omni-everything else.
  11. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    132533
    15 Jul '14 01:35
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Oh and my God, if it took a $hit, it wouldn't stink - oh no ... if he took a $h!t ... it would smell like roses, and not just any old roses of course ... it would be the sweetest smelling thing there could possibly be!!!
    it IS a tough sell, telling folks that what yer God has is unequaled by anything imaginable...
    rational thinkers might find it a tad hard to swallow, so dang big you cain't never see around and yet gentle as a butterfly...

    and then there's the whole invisibility thingie...

    but,
    what if, just imagine, what if She WAS real, just not yet detected by human means...

    that would be sorta awesome, amirite???

    what if, what if, what if???



    oh, yeah, and to yer point about sweet-smelling poopers, i gotta dog who will eagerly eat the peaches and apples that fall from the tree, and let me tell you son, her crap smells DELICIOUS...
  12. Standard memberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    18319
    15 Jul '14 02:40
    Originally posted by rookie54
    ...i gotta dog who will eagerly eat the peaches and apples that fall from the tree, and let me tell you son, her crap smells DELICIOUS...
    Darlin'...

    I think he said "God" not dog...

    ...on the other hand, she IS a TEXAS dog...
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    15 Jul '14 06:19
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Omnipotence does imply omni-everything else.
    Where did I say or loosely imply it did?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52612
    15 Jul '14 10:49
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Omnipotence does imply omni-everything else.
    So it doesn't mean it can have sex with anything?
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    17 Jul '14 20:17
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Omnipotence does imply omni-everything else.
    My first answer to this one was garbage (saw a "not" before "imply" which was never actually there). Anyway I disagree with omnipotence implying omni-everything else. Being powerful enough to action any possible event does not imply a mind capable of thinking about such events.
    Even easier, why should omnipotence imply omni-benevolence!?
Back to Top