1. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 17:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    Some simply prefer other things to the truth as where others will die for it.
    Only a fool would die for the truth. But of course I realise you are twisting the meaning of the word to breaking point.
    There really are only three good reasons to die:
    1. If you believe in an afterlife and that dieing will benefit you there.
    2. If you believe your death will benefit someone else that you care enough about to die for.
    3. If you believe that living will be so painful that dieing seems the better option.
    But dying to uphold some claim just because its true? Stupidity.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 21:123 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Only a fool would die for the truth. But of course I realise you are twisting the meaning of the word to breaking point.
    There really are only three good reasons to die:
    1. If you believe in an afterlife and that dieing will benefit you there.
    2. If you believe your death will benefit someone else that you care enough about to die for.
    3. If you belie ...[text shortened]... ieing seems the better option.
    But dying to uphold some claim just because its true? Stupidity.
    So you think that Jesus was a fool for giving his life for our sins?

If Jesus was "the truth", then he did the right thing. He did what he felt he had to do knowing what the truth is. Had he not gone through with it, it may have added a decade or more years walking this weary earth, and none of us would know anything about him, nor could there have been a way through him to save all of mankind. He would have become just another guy.

So who is the bigger fool? People like yourself lying and stealing to save your own hide, or someone like Jesus standing up for truth in order to help all of mankind, even if it cost him his life?

Incidentally, he was resurrected you know. Had he lied he to try and save himself from the cross he would have died in his own sins and not been resurrected.

Now who is the bigger fool? 😛
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 21:21

If Jesus was "the truth", then he did the right thing. He did what he felt he had to do knowing what the truth is. Had he not gone through with it, it may have added a decade or more years walking this weary earth, and none of us would know anything about him, nor could there have been ...[text shortened]... he would have died in his own sins and not been resurrected.

How did he stand up for truth? In the trial story, he said, "You have said it," to “Are you the king of the Jews?" and was otherwise silent. Rome had a well developed legal system. No reasonable court would take that as a claim of kingship over the Jews, and Pilate clearly didn't.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 05:301 edit
    Where did I say anything remotely like that? If anything I said the exact opposite. I suggest you go and read my post again, a bit more carefully this time.

The one who doesn't bother to read posts before replying to them?

[edit]
    Incidentally, if you did actually read and understand my post, then your response shows that your respect for the truth is somewhat limited.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 10:42
    How could the question [is the universe designed] be difficult to answer?

With self honesty it is very simple to observe and perceive design.

I would have to say that the question "is the universe designed" is not difficult ............ but finding self honesty is.

Because atheist are not honest they defend evolution to the death.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 12:55
    Originally posted by Dasa
    How could the question [is the universe designed] be difficult to answer?

With self honesty it is very simple to observe and perceive design.

I would have to say that the question "is the universe designed" is not difficult ............ but finding self honesty is.

Because atheist are not honest they defend evolution to the death.
    It has nothing to do with honesty; you're just too stupid to appreciate that the question is difficult.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 20:57
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    It has nothing to do with honesty; you're just too stupid to appreciate that the question is difficult.
    It has everything to do with honest observation.

Atheists do no observe honestly because they observe through glasses that filter out design.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 22:58
    The truth is not out there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree