1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 23:20
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Before anyone goes off searching for the high and mighty truth, they should first of all try and see the simple truth right in front of their eyes.

Firstly......look closely at the world around you and you cannot deny intelligent design behind every thing.(from the universe to the atom)

Those who cannot accept this are dishonest and their search for truth has ended abruptly.

Without self honesty you cannot search for truth.
    Welcome back for the day
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 23:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    If Pilot was not in a position to acquit Jesus then what was he taken to Pilot?
    What JS357 said. They wanted him killed, but they wanted it legal.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 23:53
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Before anyone goes off searching for the high and mighty truth, they should first of all try and see the simple truth right in front of their eyes.

Firstly......look closely at the world around you and you cannot deny intelligent design behind every thing.(from the universe to the atom)

Those who cannot accept this are dishonest and their search for truth has ended abruptly.

Without self honesty you cannot search for truth.
    You are a prime example of what I am talking about. You are far too sure of yourself, especially on a difficult question like 'is the universe designed'.

Thinking like yours stops us from even knowing things like atoms exist. It is an intellectual cancer in human society.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 00:56
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    A comment in another thread ("hopefully God will lead them to the truth"😉 made me wonder - do any here care to admit that there is some distance between themselves and the truth on certain issues?

OK, so some may not want to do it in here, because they don't want to give their opponents any targets. But I suspect there are some who do not like to admi ...[text shortened]... o insecure in your search for truth that you cannot admit that you struggle with certain issues.
    Well, I admit I need God for the truth that left up to myself I'm lost with
    my full focus only on myself and those things I care about.
    Kelly
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 01:44
    A comment in another thread ("hopefully God will lead them to the truth"😉 made me wonder - do any here care to admit that there is some distance between themselves and the truth on certain issues?

OK, so some may not want to do it in here, because they don't want to give their opponents any targets. But I suspect there are some who do not like to admi ...[text shortened]... o insecure in your search for truth that you cannot admit that you struggle with certain issues.
    Not too sure what category I fall into but I choose the Truth that comes from Christ Jesus. His teachings are truth for me.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 02:10

"... because they don't want to give their opponents any targets." (OP)

SG, why the adversarial premise rather than an honest conversation among online friends: few frienemies in our midst?
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 03:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "... because they don't want to give their opponents any targets." (OP)

SG, why the adversarial premise rather than an honest conversation among online friends: few frienemies in our midst?
    That's just how I roll. Also, 'opponent' does not equal 'enemy'.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 05:29
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not too sure what category I fall into but I choose the Truth that comes from Christ Jesus. His teachings are truth for me.
    So here are we talking about a subtly different meaning of the word 'truth'? A truth you can choose rather than discover.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 05:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So here are we talking about a subtly different meaning of the word 'truth'? A truth you can choose rather than discover.
    "Everything you add to the truth subtracts from the truth. When truth is discovered
    by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness." -Alexander Solzhenitsyn
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 15:18

Methinks we are evolved to describe the world of Our Representation, and this world is not mutually exclusive from the physical reality on which is grounded and by which is caused; but since our mind decodes and hence represents our senses in a way that the objects of our senses and thus of our mind are meaningful, both our mind and our language present a limited description of the reality as we perceive it instead of presenting the reality as it really is, and so our ability to describe reality is equally limited. So everything we believe, it holds merely on the basis of knowing how everything seem to us –we have no way to know herwnow how exactly things really are;
    A consequence of this amongst else is that we can imagine non-existent things, but we cannot imagine existent things😵
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    He was found guilty of an ecclesiastical violation by the Sanhedrin but they wanted him killed and that required him to be found guilty of a capital crime by the Romans. Pilate finally acquiesced to avoid a major riot which might cost him his job.
    Which is exactly my point.

Pilot found no fault with "the truth". But he allowed "the truth" to be murdered to save his own hide.

Some simply prefer other things to the truth as where others will die for it.

The cost of truth can be very high. For some, the cost is too high.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 15:38

Pilot found no fault with "the truth". But he allowed "the truth" to be murdered to save his own hide.

Thanks for staging a Passion play in the middle of my thread. 😕
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 15:39
    Thanks for staging a Passion play in the middle of my thread. 😕
    Passian play?

I effectively showed some barriers to coming to the truth. I thought that was the point of your thread.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 15:46
    Passian play?

I effectively showed some barriers to coming to the truth. I thought that was the point of your thread.
    Oh please. "Murdered 'the truth'"?!

Can you get over your man-crush on Jesus for just this one thread? Is that too much to ask?
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 16:311 edit

The cost of truth can be very high. For some, the cost is too high.
    If you believe Jesus was the king of the Jews and said this "truth" to Pilate, it's clear from the gospels that Pilate didn't think Jesus said this to him. Maybe you need to show where Jesus said this to Pilate, if you claim Pilate found no fault with it. It seems to me that Jesus skirted the issue enough that Pilate found no fault with what he did say. He did not find Jesus to have usurped the Roman emperor's role.

Edit: Pilate obviously saw Jesus' continued presence a serious threat to public order; and the public order being his job to maintain. This was the truth he paid attention to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree