My President

My President

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Nov 08

Well, I guess it's the American thing to do. I'll support him were I think he's doing right, but I will oppose him were I think he's doing wrong.

I can't imagine how badly Obama will screw it all up though!

I'm not looking for any direct replies. Just stating my opinion.

Illinois

Moves
05 Nov 08

Originally posted by josephw
Well, I guess it's the American thing to do. I'll support him were I think he's doing right, but I will oppose him were I think he's doing wrong.

It is the Christian thing to do, as well. Have you read the book, "Under Cover," by John Bevere, or, "Spiritual Authority" by Watchman Nee?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Nov 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
It is the Christian thing to do, as well. Have you read the book, "Under Cover," by John Bevere, or, "Spiritual Authority" by Watchman Nee?
It is the Christain thing to do.

I've heard about those books, but I'm afraid to say I haven't read them. I used to read alot, but these days I don't have much time.

I've focused more on reading the Bible as often as I can. One can't spend too much time doing that.

The next chance I get I'll look into those books and get back to you.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
06 Nov 08

Ha ha ha...get back to the political wilderness, where you all belong

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
06 Nov 08

Where is the Spirituality here?

Illinois

Moves
06 Nov 08

It is the Christain thing to do.

I've heard about those books, but I'm afraid to say I haven't read them. I used to read alot, but these days I don't have much time.

I've focused more on reading the Bible as often as I can. One can't spend too much time doing that.

The next chance I get I'll look into those books and get back to you.
These are the two books my father-in-law required me to read in order to marry his daughter. Lucky for me, I had already read them. 😀

Anyway, there is a great deal to learn from these two books, especially regarding authority. I won't go into detail about it here, of course.

I'd start with "Under Cover," by John Bevere first. Watchman Nee is a brilliant Christian blessed with an astounding depth of understanding, but is a heavier read.

PM me and let me know what you think.

Peace, brother.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Nov 08

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
I'll give this to him: He sounded a little bit like Reverend Wright.

j

Moves
06 Nov 08
4 edits

Where were you when the regular trolls were talking about "Big Foot on Mars" or "Did Adam Have Balls?" and six dozen other ludicrous subjects started here on Spirituality Forum ?

Z

Moves
06 Nov 08

what kind of silly opinion is that? you will agree with him when you think he is right and don't when he is not?

man you have such strong opinions, we should all take example from you as we all know humans practically never agree with people they think are correct. /sarcasm

and after pointing out the obvious (do you want a cookie for that brilliant statement?) you go around and saying you don't know what will happen. a statement which again communicated nothing but your ignorance.

Z

Moves
06 Nov 08

Originally posted by jaywill
Where were you when the regular trolls were talking about [b]"Big Foot on Mars" or "Did Adam Have Balls?" and six dozen other ludicrous subjects started here on Spirituality Forum ?[/b]
"adam had balls" is spiritual. it debates a spiritual subject. you are just upset it questioned god's story.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Nov 08

He is in my prayers, I'm both scared of him and scared for him.

I do not trust him, but more people in this country did enough to vote
him into office. I fear for him too. I hope he is as sharp as everyone
seems to think he is. I pray God gives him wisdom and a strong
spirit, along with solid people around him so that he gets good advice.
Kelly

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
06 Nov 08

Where were you when the regular trolls were talking about [b]"Big Foot on Mars" or "Did Adam Have Balls?" and six dozen other ludicrous subjects started here on Spirituality Forum ?[/b]
The fact that I don't have time to single-handedly police this place doesn't increase the Spirituality content of this thread.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
06 Nov 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
I'll give this to him: He sounded a little bit like Reverend Wright.
I confess I don't know much about Rev. Wright. Did he also not want direct replies?

j

Moves
06 Nov 08
1 edit

The fact that I don't have time to single-handedly police this place doesn't increase the Spirituality content of this thread.
Okay.

I suppose the discussion concerns the spiritual attitude one should have towards their governmental leaders. From my Christians perspective there are a few things in the Bible about this.

For example the Apostle Paul urged the Christians to pray for those who are in leadership that the nation may be at peace for the spread of the gospel.

Ceasar Nero, I believe, was in power when he wrote those things.

Speaking for myself and my perspective the discussion should relate to the proper Christian attitude towards elected officials.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 08
2 edits

Okay.

I suppose the discussion concerns the spiritual attitude one should have towards their governmental leaders. From my Christians perspective there are a few things in the Bible about this.

For example the Apostle Paul urged the Christians to pray for those who are in leadership that the nation may be at peace for the spread of the gospel.

...[text shortened]... pective the discussion should relate to the proper Christian attitude towards elected officials.
yeah you are right jay will, Romans chapter 13, anyhow, jaywill, my man, im back, how are you, im cooking up something real special for you, something spicy that you can get your teeth into in the form of the rich-man and Lazarus. if you have a mind for it, and the energy, perhaps you can readjust my thinking, for as you are aware i am a hopeless sinner and tax collector and in need of some guidance 😀