1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 20:33
    My wish for 2016 is for those of faith i.e. Christians, Muslims, and Jews will co exist more peacefully with those of agnostic or aesthetic beliefs.

Those of Faith: There is a fine line between "introducing" others to your faith, and beating others over the head with it! Too many times those of faith push their faith on others too forcefully, and defeat their purpose by driving people away, rather than inviting them in.

Those of agnostic or aesthetic beliefs: It's perfectly fine to believe as you do, but trash talking or belittling those of faith is only going to aggravate an already sensitive situation. Have respect for the feelings of others.

...and let's all try to treat each other a little better in 2016. 🙂
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 20:57
    Originally posted by bill718
    My wish for 2016 is for those of faith i.e. Christians, Muslims, and Jews will co exist more peacefully with those of agnostic or aesthetic beliefs.

Those of Faith: There is a fine line between "introducing" others to your faith, and beating others over the head with it! Too many times those of faith push their faith on others too forcefully, and defeat t ...[text shortened]... the feelings of others.

And the leopard will lie down with the kid but the kid wont get much sleep.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 22:12

Those of Faith: There is a fine line between "introducing" others to your faith, and beating others over the head with it! Too many times those of faith push their faith on others too forcefully, and defeat t ...[text shortened]... the feelings of others.

Surely you should be wishing that those of faith should exist together more peacefully. That seems a bigger issue to me.
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 22:19
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Surely you should be wishing that those of faith should exist together more peacefully. That seems a bigger issue to me.
    from small miracles spring bigger ones
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 23:25

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,"

Even a poet says your dream emanates from pipes.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    27 Dec '15 00:532 edits

How about some of us just carry on, at worst, merely trash-talking/bashing the faith of those who are faithful then. It is not too often we belittle/trash-talk the person holding true to some faith anyway.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Dec '15 06:55
    Those of agnostic or aesthetic beliefs: It's perfectly fine to believe as you do, but trash talking or belittling those of faith is only going to aggravate an already sensitive situation. Have respect for the feelings of others.

Other than in this forum I am generally very polite to theists despite their rudeness towards me. In this forum, I criticize their beliefs because that is what this forum is for (discussion of their beliefs).
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Dec '15 09:11
    Ultimately, in real life I don't trash children for believing in Santa Claus and for the same reasons I don't trash adults for believing in fairies, pixies and Gods.

To each their own; whether caused by a lack of evolution, hope or psychosis.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Dec '15 11:32

I'm guessing you didn't actually mean 'aesthetic' but rather 'atheistic'.

Darn that spell-check!
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Dec '15 11:40

Yes - all those big atheist v theist wars of the past ... shocking.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Dec '15 03:32

As a Christian I believe I am already coexisting peacefully with people of other faiths. However, it is some of those of other faiths that have no desire to coexist peacefully with us Christians. They want to behead us. I can't live with that. 😏
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Dec '15 09:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As a Christian I believe I am already coexisting peacefully with people of other faiths. However, it is some of those of other faiths that have no desire to coexist peacefully with us Christians. They want to behead us. I can't live with that. 😏
    Oh, come on. If a Muslim family moved in next door to you, you'd go right off your hinge.

Either that, or you'd convince yourself that they weren't religious, just because they don't try to blow you up.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Dec '15 10:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, come on. If a Muslim family moved in next door to you, you'd go right off your hinge.

Either that, or you'd convince yourself that they weren't religious, just because they don't try to blow you up.
    I would certainly report anything that looks suspicious. 😏
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Dec '15 20:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I would certainly report anything that looks suspicious. 😏
    Yep, like a Muslim moving in next door. And your cop buddies would be right there to arrest them, harass them out of town.
  15. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    28 Dec '15 22:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm guessing you didn't actually mean 'aesthetic' but rather 'atheistic'.

Darn that spell-check!
    You really should get out more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree