1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    You know what I meant. I think most reasonably honest knowledgable people would conclude that Jesus existed.
    That maybe true, but i wouldn't equate people who don't believe Jesus existed to holocaust deniers, that's a trifle silly.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:12
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    No posturing here.
    Bullcrap.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:122 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That maybe true, but i wouldn't equate people who don't believe Jesus existed to holocaust deniers, that's a trifle silly.
    Not really. After all, we have evidence for both but no evidence that conflicts that both Jesus existed and the Holocaust occured. Granted, we have more evidence that the Holocaust happened, but I think you get the drift. To deny that either did not exist I would assume they present EVIDENCE fo this.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:23
    So what would your take on the discovered site? If it is the size and scope that they say it is, and if the wood is predated to be about 4000 years old using carbon dating, what is your take?
    I would be interested to know who did the C14 dating. That aside, there's a bit where theres a four sided, shaped timber protruding from the ice - no way is that 4000 years old with edges that sharp. All that knocking on the wood and getting a solid sound - I don't believe that. Frozen for 4000 years, it would sound like knocking on porridge or ice, not wood. That bit of rope - looks like modern rope to me, or at best mediaeval, certainly not 4000 year old rope. All in all, it looks to me like Hollywood film trailer, not a genuine find. If it should turn out that it is genuine, and the C14 dates are confirmed... Well, it isn't gonna happen. Have a look at the pics of the Hauslabjoch ice-mummy and associated finds to see what happens to organics after 4000 years in ice.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:24
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Bullcrap.
    "well of course you know..." etc.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:255 edits
    I have decided to help out all the skeptics on this site if this boat is, in fact, the size of Noah's Ark and, in fact, dated 4000 years ago using carbon dating.

1. The ark was formed on the backs of crystals. You know, just like abiogenesis.

2. Due to a concern over global warming nearly 4000 years ago, they built an Ark on top of the highest mountain they could find, just in case the world became flooded. Al Gore would have been proud.

3. A group of Jewish mountaineers/ship builders/jokesters decided to create the biggest hoax in the history of the world by dragging up tons of wood up the side of Mt. Ararat and then constructing it. However, what they forgot was to tell someone about it. Then again, maybe they knew someone would find it thousands of years later buried under ice and snow. LOL.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:26
    Not really. After all, we have evidence for both but no evidence that conflicts that both Jesus existed and the Holocaust occured. Granted, we have more evidence that the Holocaust happened, but I think you get the drift. To deny that either did not exist I would assume they present EVIDENCE fo this.
    The evidence for the holocaust is undeniable, first hand human accounts from the people who survived it being the best evidence. The evidence for Jesus is various 2,000yr old texts written by people who had never met him, and a lot of the texts remain authorless.

Holocaust deniers are generally racist, anti-semite doorknobs who could do with 'educating'. In short, the scum of the earth. I wouldn't put Jesus deniers in that category.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:28
    I have decided to help out all the skeptics on this site if this boat is, in fact, the size of Noah's Ark and, in fact, dated 4000 years ago using carbon dating.

1. The ark was formed on the backs of crystals.

2. Due to a concern over global warming nearly 4000 years ago, they built an Ark on top of the highest mountain they could find, just in case t ...[text shortened]... maybe they knew someone would find it thousands of years later buried under ice and snow. LOL.
    That's a lot of 'ifs'.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:301 edit
    The evidence for the holocaust is undeniable, first hand human accounts from the people who survived it being the best evidence. The evidence for Jesus is various 2,000yr old texts written by people who had never met him, and a lot of the texts remain authorless.

Holocaust deniers are generally racist, anti-semite doorknobs who could do with 'educating'. In short, the scum of the earth. I wouldn't put Jesus deniers in that category.
    So the holocaust deniers are any more credible than those who wrote the gospels or even the historian Josehpus? Hmmm.

It seems to me that the holocaust deniers think that the Jewish people are conspirators, hence, their testimony should be negated. In addition, those who wrote about Jesus must have been in a cabal as well.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:301 edit
    That's a lot of 'ifs'.
    Only two if's really. Is the boat there and is it 4000 years old?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:37
    Only two if's really. Is the boat there and is it 4000 years old?
    Only two, but they're big.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:38
    So the holocaust deniers are any more credible than those who wrote the gospels or even the historian Josehpus? Hmmm.

It seems to me that the holocaust deniers think that the Jewish people are conspirators, hence, their testimony should be negated. In addition, those who wrote about Jesus must have been in a cabal as well.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:431 edit
    I have no idea what you are talking about.
    What am I talking about? Its simple really. You have placed more emphasis on the integrity of the witnesses who say the Holocaust happened than you do those who proported that Jesus existed.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:44
    What am I talking about? Its simple really. You have placed more emphasis on the integrity of the witnesses who say the Holocaust happened than you do those who proported that Jesus existed.
    Yes i did.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:45
    Only two, but they're big.
    And so we wait. If it is the real deal, however, my only concern is, will the "establishment" rush out to prove or disprove these questions? My guess is no, so it may take a while.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree