1. Standard memberStregone
    Stregone
    Italia
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 01:49
    Whenever I hear someone describe himself or herself as Wiccan or Pagan my heart sinks. You see, if you scratch a Wiccan you'll find a Christian underneath. All they've done is swap the word 'god' for 'goddess'. They still adhere to Christian philosophies believing that some 'higher power' has a say in their lives. ~ Donna Black ~
    http://archive.todestrieb.co.uk/satanismuk/
  2. Joined
    17 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 18:22
    Accually the christians stoled their ideas from other religions, so it's uesed stolen goods. 🙂
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 18:36
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Whenever I hear someone describe himself or herself as Wiccan or Pagan my heart sinks. You see, if you scratch a Wiccan you'll find a Christian underneath. All they've done is swap the word 'god' for 'goddess'. They still adhere to Christian philosophies believing that some 'higher power' has a say in their lives. ~ Donna Black ~
    Paganism in some of its wide and varied forms predates Christianity. Christians take a great deal of their religion and philosophies from Judaism, the Greeks, Romans and others. Christianity itself was a pretty much a cult before it gained Roman approval through Constantine.
  4. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 18:45
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Paganism in some of its wide and varied forms predates Christianity. Christians take a great deal of their religion and philosophies from Judaism, the Greeks, Romans and others. Christianity itself was a pretty much a cult before it gained Roman approval through Constantine.
    Nope.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 18:47
    Originally posted by musicismyworld
    Nope.
    What do you mean, nope?
  6. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 18:52
    He thinks you're wrong, but is in the unfortunate position of you having the burden of evidence. Thus he is reduced to the simplest of contradictions to your stance. I would highly recommend the philosophical works of Plato, Pythagoras and Euclid to anyone who thinks what is perceived as "Christian" ideas are new.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 19:03
    I spoke recently to a pagan who bemoaned the difficulty of getting pagans to behave as such, for this very reason.
  8. Standard memberStregone
    Stregone
    Italia
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 22:16
    Originally posted by hornedowl
    Accually the christians stoled their ideas from other religions, so it's uesed stolen goods. 🙂
    They most certainly did! "When Christianity swept through Europe, it conflicted with the "pagan" religion. The old ways were impossible to fully eradicate, so the clergy did the only thing it could. If you couldn't convert the people, you converted the holidays. The pagan holiday of Yule, or Winter Solstice, was turned into Christmas, to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Even though many scholars now believe that Jesus was born in the early fall...."
  9. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 22:21
    Americans obviously
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 23:40
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    He thinks you're wrong, but is in the unfortunate position of you having the burden of evidence. Thus he is reduced to the simplest of contradictions to your stance. I would highly recommend the philosophical works of Plato, Pythagoras and Euclid to anyone who thinks what is perceived as "Christian" ideas are new.
    Not to mention, say, the Stoics.
  11. Standard memberStregone
    Stregone
    Italia
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 23:45
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    Americans obviously
    Americans, OBVIOUSLY!?! What does that mean?
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 05:54
    I don't think that "believing that some higher power has a say in their lives" is specific to christianity. Virtually every religion believes that. Wiccans and Pagans may be as equally misguided as christians, but they're a much more tolerant bunch. The more people they can pull away from christianity, the better, I say.
  13. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 07:29
    "Christrians Phililosophies"as you call them were about a long time before the birth of christ.We all know them we got that little voice inside us telling it .wether we choose to ignore it or not is a different matter,But Christians or any other religion thinkin they got some sort of monoply over goodness really sucks