New Age?

New Age?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
23 Jul 07

Whenever I hear someone describe himself or herself as Wiccan or Pagan my heart sinks. You see, if you scratch a Wiccan you'll find a Christian underneath. All they've done is swap the word 'god' for 'goddess'. They still adhere to Christian philosophies believing that some 'higher power' has a say in their lives. ~ Donna Black ~
http://archive.todestrieb.co.uk/satanismuk/

h

Moves
23 Jul 07

Accually the christians stoled their ideas from other religions, so it's uesed stolen goods. 🙂

S

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by Stregone
Whenever I hear someone describe himself or herself as Wiccan or Pagan my heart sinks. You see, if you scratch a Wiccan you'll find a Christian underneath. All they've done is swap the word 'god' for 'goddess'. They still adhere to Christian philosophies believing that some 'higher power' has a say in their lives. ~ Donna Black ~
Paganism in some of its wide and varied forms predates Christianity. Christians take a great deal of their religion and philosophies from Judaism, the Greeks, Romans and others. Christianity itself was a pretty much a cult before it gained Roman approval through Constantine.

m

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by Starrman
Paganism in some of its wide and varied forms predates Christianity. Christians take a great deal of their religion and philosophies from Judaism, the Greeks, Romans and others. Christianity itself was a pretty much a cult before it gained Roman approval through Constantine.
Nope.

S

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by musicismyworld
Nope.
What do you mean, nope?

d

Moves
23 Jul 07

He thinks you're wrong, but is in the unfortunate position of you having the burden of evidence. Thus he is reduced to the simplest of contradictions to your stance. I would highly recommend the philosophical works of Plato, Pythagoras and Euclid to anyone who thinks what is perceived as "Christian" ideas are new.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
23 Jul 07

I spoke recently to a pagan who bemoaned the difficulty of getting pagans to behave as such, for this very reason.

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by hornedowl
Accually the christians stoled their ideas from other religions, so it's uesed stolen goods. 🙂
They most certainly did! "When Christianity swept through Europe, it conflicted with the "pagan" religion. The old ways were impossible to fully eradicate, so the clergy did the only thing it could. If you couldn't convert the people, you converted the holidays. The pagan holiday of Yule, or Winter Solstice, was turned into Christmas, to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Even though many scholars now believe that Jesus was born in the early fall...."

s

Moves
23 Jul 07

Americans obviously

Hmmm . . .

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by doodinthemood
He thinks you're wrong, but is in the unfortunate position of you having the burden of evidence. Thus he is reduced to the simplest of contradictions to your stance. I would highly recommend the philosophical works of Plato, Pythagoras and Euclid to anyone who thinks what is perceived as "Christian" ideas are new.
Not to mention, say, the Stoics.

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by smartrrrrs
Americans obviously
Americans, OBVIOUSLY!?! What does that mean?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
24 Jul 07

I don't think that "believing that some higher power has a say in their lives" is specific to christianity. Virtually every religion believes that. Wiccans and Pagans may be as equally misguided as christians, but they're a much more tolerant bunch. The more people they can pull away from christianity, the better, I say.

s

Moves
24 Jul 07

"Christrians Phililosophies"as you call them were about a long time before the birth of christ.We all know them we got that little voice inside us telling it .wether we choose to ignore it or not is a different matter,But Christians or any other religion thinkin they got some sort of monoply over goodness really sucks