1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 12:44
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Are we really sure that Christ said that? We know incredibly little about the life of Jesus from souces from the same time. What we think we know is written down 50 years and more, not by eye witnesses, but others heard by others. To quote Jesus is to quote a hearsay only.

But it is likely that Jesus had this opinion, as others had other opinions. But ...[text shortened]... us was right, as it is not the contrary either. We just don't know anything, more than hearsay.
    This is the Christian teaching that we have, whether Jesus actually said it, or whether it
    has been corrupted are entirely different issues, this is the teaching that we have.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 13:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    This is the Christian teaching that we have, whether Jesus actually said it, or whether it
    has been corrupted are entirely different issues, this is the teaching that we have.
    That's true, and that we must remember.

We know much more about the life of Darwin, to tak an example. Because Darwin wrote about his life himself, not long after he got his ideas. Other people was writing about him too, at that time, not 50 or 100 years after.

So the very good question: Why didn't Jesus write about his own life? He could read, and he could write (?), according to the bible. So why didn't he? Things would be much easier if he did. then we would know much better about what he did and what he not did.

So we have to take the texts of the bible for what they are. Nothing more.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 13:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That's true, and that we must remember.

We know much more about the life of Darwin, to tak an example. Because Darwin wrote about his life himself, not long after he got his ideas. Other people was writing about him too, at that time, not 50 or 100 years after.

So the very good question: Why didn't Jesus write about his own life? He could read, and ...[text shortened]... hat he not did.

So we have to take the texts of the bible for what they are. Nothing more.
    these are all other issues, the fact of the matter is, Christianity which relied upon its
    teachings from the Biblical text, states that we were created. I have no valid reason to
    dispute that these are the words of the Christ and you have none to state that they are
    not, speculating is not proof, stating that they may be corrupted, is not proof of
    anything, these are the teachings of Christianity. Darwins own life and teachings are
    irrelevant.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 14:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    these are all other issues, the fact of the matter is, Christianity which relied upon its
    teachings from the Biblical text, states that we were created. I have no valid reason to
    dispute that these are the words of the Christ and you have none to state that they are
    not, speculating is not proof, stating that they may be corrupted, is not proof ...[text shortened]... thing, these are the teachings of Christianity. Darwins own life and teachings are
    irrelevant.
    I used the Darwin name as an example only. I could use Euler, Hubble, or even Napoleon. Every one of these guys has a life well documented by people who stand them near. Not by people not knowing them first handed, but only as hearsay.

If you say that the creation is part of your religion, that's all right by me. I respect this. And if I respect you for your ideas, I request respect for my ideas, even if you find them wrong. As Jesus said: "Treat other people the way you want to be treated yourself." You respect me -> I respect you. I respect you -> you respect me. Perfect harmony; mutual respect.

So you believe the Universe was created exatly the way it was written in Genesis? Then you believe in serpent talking too?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [FMF's] god may be Satan.
    Having decided that someone's belief system may be something to do with "Satan", is there some course of action that the bible tells you you must take?
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 16:46
    That god may be Satan.
    i seriously doubt FMF believes in your god.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 20:06
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    I KNOW he doesn't.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 21:161 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You sound like Dasa. I said I'm a theist. You're a Christian - I accept that at your word. Do you not have the common decency to accept how I describe myself?
    No, you sound like Dasa. lol

With about as much humor as him too.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 21:28
    FMF believes there is a God, but has no idea who He is or what He's like. In fact,

FMF can't say anything about God, only that he believes there is one.

FMF believes there is a God, but has no idea why.

FMF doesn't believe there is anything around that can tell about God, but,

FMF still believes there is a God even though there's nothing, or anyone that can say anything about God.

It's really weird!
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 22:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    FMF believes there is a God, but has no idea who He is or what He's like. In fact,

FMF still believes there is a God even though there's nothing, or anyone that can say anything about God.

It's really weird!
    not wanting to speak for FMF, but it sounds like his beliefs render around deism. when it comes to the weirdness scale, it is a lot saner than your belief of a god who sacrificed himself to himself in order to appease himself so that he can pick out anyone who believes any of that rubbish to send them to heaven while condemning everyone else to eternal torture.

now that's weird!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 00:5697 edits
    Originally posted by josephw

It's really weird!
    I am not a religionist, josephw. I will leave it to you to assert what you claim to be "God's instructions" and to make claims about your own immortality. You simply saying that you find a different belief system "really weird" does not lend your own belief system any credence.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 03:403 edits
    not wanting to speak for FMF, but it sounds like his beliefs render around deism. when it comes to the weirdness scale, it is a lot saner than your belief of a god who sacrificed himself to himself in order to appease himself so that he can pick out anyone who believes any of that rubbish to send them to heaven while condemning everyone else to eternal torture.

now that's weird!
    Your ability to "NOT understand" is what is weird.

P.S. I guess you are a single man or one that will soon be divorced,
    since you seem to have no idea of what love is.

YouTube
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 05:21
    Your ability to "NOT understand" is what is weird.

P.S. I guess you are a single man or one that will soon be divorced,
    since you seem to have no idea of what love is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA
    i'm sure i have a much better idea of what love is than you do. it's a kind of repeating pattern here. i have a much better idea of what the bible is than you do, i have a much better idea of the laws of thermodynamics than you do, i have a much better idea of what evolution is than you do.... and the list goes on.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 05:28
    i'm sure i have a much better idea of what love is than you do. it's a kind of repeating pattern here. i have a much better idea of what the bible is than you do, i have a much better idea of the laws of thermodynamics than you do, i have a much better idea of what evolution is than you do.... and the list goes on.
    It sounds like you are in love with yourself. Is that it? 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree