1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 04:491 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    my arguments are scripturally based and substantiated to such an extent that you refused to answer them because in doing so you your argument was doomed to failure. i am so confident in fact that i call upon others to also bear witness that these things are so, the other biblical scholars, Conrau, Freaky, Jaywill, Manny, Galvo, Knightmeister, Badwat ...[text shortened]... snobbery and you were called out for it, so dont go out with your fur coat an no knickers again!
    Sorry, but I sincerely hope you're kidding. If not, you are seriously prideful.

You confuse the law of God with what is written. Not all that is written is the law of God. Jesus taught things contrary to the OT.

As an example:

Leviticus 24
    19 ‘If a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so it shall be done to him: 20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; just as he has injured a man, so it shall be inflicted on him. 21 ‘Thus the one who kills an animal shall make it good, but the one who kills a man shall be put to death.

Matthew 5
    38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.’ 39 “But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

There is no reason to believe that Jesus would have seen the whole of the NT as the law of God either.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 04:56
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Sorry, but I sincerely hope you're kidding. If not, you are seriously prideful.

[b]You confuse the law of God with what is written. Not all that is written is the law of God. Jesus taught things contrary to the OT.

As an example:

Leviticus 24
    19 ‘If a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so it shall be done to him: ...[text shortened]... o believe that Jesus would have seen the whole of the NT as the law of God either.[/b]
    [/b]
    this says absolutely nothing, is taken out of context blatantly ignoring the wording of the sentence, ignores the immediate context and is mock worthy. its weaker than Weaky the weakling working out with a rubber band on weak day while drinking a week mixture of weak tea near Weakingham!
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 23:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    this says absolutely nothing, is taken out of context blatantly ignoring the wording of the sentence, ignores the immediate context and is mock worthy. its weaker than Weaky the weakling working out with a rubber band on weak day while drinking a week mixture of weak tea near Weakingham!
    LOL Now that is weak!! 😉

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree