New saints to come

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 05 Mar '08 07:07
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:07
    Just a short while ago, it was claimed on this forum that the Vatican has been "embarrassed" about the number of saints canonised in the past. Apparently, this is not so at all as the Pope announces the elevation of four blesseds to sainthood:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=11955
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 13:13
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Just a short while ago, it was claimed on this forum that the Vatican has been "embarrassed" about the number of saints canonised in the past. Apparently, this is not so at all as the Pope announces the elevation of four blesseds to sainthood:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=11955
    If it was John Paul II in there still, he probably would have canonized about 44 saints in the same time span.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 13:53
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If it was John Paul II in there still, he probably would have canonized about 44 saints in the same time span.
    If only I had died during John Paul IIs time, I might have made the cut!
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:05
    Oh and the saints! Oh and the saints go marching in! Everyone with me now!

Sorry....
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 18:05
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Not true; only last year Benedict beatified 188 martyrs. He seems just as enthusiastic as JPII about canonisation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree