1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 13:17
    It seems that comments on Nietzsche and his philosophy keep popping up. So it makes sense to keep them all one thread, if u have any comment on Nietzsche or his ideologies (Against or for) please put on them here for open discussion..... Ecce Homo 🙂
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 13:18
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    It seems that comments on Nietzsche and his philosophy keep popping up.
    Mainly because you keep posting them.

My question for you: do you live, day to day, by "Nietzchean philosophy"? What, practically, does this mean? How e.g. does your day differ from mine?
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 13:20
    There's a fine line between madness and genius , Nietzsche walked both on the tightrope of introversion. anyone who strives to dig as deep as Nietzsche did, chances madness,

Yes he had his faults, he had slightly misogynistic views (cf Human all too human Aphorisims 419, 434). His opposition to capitalism was strictly of the romantic kind and hs final political thinking lacks a credible vision of social change and cultural transformation.

In several respects his thinking remains idealist and moralist so generally can only instruct us so far. But he was a huge influence on many academics, Freud and Foucault being but two.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 13:28
    There's a fine line between madness and genius , Nietzsche walked both on the tightrope of introversion. anyone who strives to dig as deep as Nietzsche did, chances madness,

Yes he had his faults, he had slightly misogynistic views (cf Human all too human Aphorisims 419, 434). His opposition to capitalism was strictly of the romantic kind and hs fin ...[text shortened]... uct us so far. But he was a huge influence on many academics, Freud and Foucault being but two.
    You make Nietzsche cry.
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 14:36
    Originally posted by dottewell
    My question for you: do you live, day to day, by "Nietzchean philosophy"? What, practically, does this mean? How e.g. does your day differ from mine?
    I'm still interested to know the answer to this. Presumably if you are a thorough-going advocate of FN, it has some fairly radical consequences for your thoughts about/actions regarding e.g. politics, popular culture, and other people in general. What are they?

Alternatively, if you are adopt a pick-and-choose attitude towards Nietzsche, how does this work? What aspects of his philosophy can one take and add to one's world-view? How does that affect your life?
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 15:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 23:57

8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 00:05
    Originally posted by catfoodtim
    You forgot the reference.

Keith Ansell Pearson, How to Read Nietzsche, New York: 2005
    Ninny's influence on vladmore is such that vladmore now refuses even a hint of recognition of the capitalist system. For him to reference another's work would be an acknowledgement of copyrights, and therefore, anathema.
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:09
    It seems that comments on Nietzsche and his philosophy keep popping up. So it makes sense to keep them all one thread, if u have any comment on Nietzsche or his ideologies (Against or for) please put on them here for open discussion..... Ecce Homo
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:09
    It seems that comments on Nietzsche and his philosophy keep popping up. So it makes sense to keep them all one thread, if u have any comment on Nietzsche or his ideologies (Against or for) please put on them here for open discussion..... Ecce Homo
    I take it you are not going to answer my question.
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:32
    Originally posted by dottewell
    I take it you are not going to answer my question.
    No offence, but if you want to talk about any of Nietzsche's or any other philosophers ideologies i am more then happy to discuss your views as Im sure others will too as this is an open forum. But Im not going to discuss how Nietzsches philosophy affects my day to day life, because it doesn't ........

So here's my last post in answering 'personal' questions.........
    Come on guys ......Philosophy only 🙂
  12. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:391 edit
    No offence, but if you want to talk about any of Nietzsche's or any other philosophers ideologies i am more then happy to discuss your views as Im sure others will too as this is an open forum. But Im not going to discuss how Nietzsches philosophy affects my day to day life, because it doesn't ........

Then you can't agree with any significant aspects of Nietzsche's philosophy.

(He would despise your last post, for example.)
  13. The sky
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:43
    What's philosophy worth if it doesn't have any influence whatsoever on your life?
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 09:061 edit

15. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 09:201 edit
    Originally posted by catfoodtim
    Nordlys is right - if you study philosophy and it has no influence on life, doesn't that defeat the purpose?
    Depends on the philosopher and the aspect of philosophy. There are plenty of people you can agree with without it having any practical impact on your life. But Nietzsche? Hmm...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree