no title

Standard memberVOLEN
Spirituality 14 Jul '13 17:34
  1. Joined
    08 Oct '12
    Moves
    13114
    14 Jul '13 17:34
    THE HARE KRISHNA MOVEMENT IS IT GOOD OR BAD PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14581
    14 Jul '13 17:45
    Hi John. No need to shout, we're not deaf.

    To answer your question: it's a religion, thus it's bad.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86387
    14 Jul '13 18:04
    Originally posted by VOLEN
    THE HARE KRISHNA MOVEMENT IS IT GOOD OR BAD PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE
    Don't see much of it about these days.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 Jul '13 19:10
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Hi John. No need to shout, we're not deaf.

    To answer your question: it's a religion, thus it's bad.
    ... 'religion' or cult (with considerable presence in our busiest airports in years past)?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14581
    14 Jul '13 19:33
    Why do you write 'religion', but not 'cult'?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    14 Jul '13 19:58
    Originally posted by VOLEN
    THE HARE KRISHNA MOVEMENT IS IT GOOD OR BAD PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE
    Nothing is inherently good or bad 😀

    I've spent many months at the KRSNA temple down the road. While it may not be perfect , I felt their system was generally better than the society I had left when I entered through the gates.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 Jul '13 22:08
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Why do you write 'religion', but not 'cult'?
    ... informally quoting Great King Rat's comment which omits 'cult'.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    16 Jul '13 14:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Nothing is inherently good or bad 😀

    I've spent many months at the KRSNA temple down the road. While it may not be perfect , I felt their system was generally better than the society I had left when I entered through the gates.
    Genocide isn't inherently bad?
    Rape isn't inherently bad?


    I think I am rejecting that out of hand.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    16 Jul '13 16:17
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Genocide isn't inherently bad?
    Rape isn't inherently bad?


    I think I am rejecting that out of hand.
    If something's definition includes "evil" or "bad" then it's evil or bad by definition. But definitions are not inherent properties of a thing, even if the definition is universally accepted. Genocide and rape are not universally considered evil or bad, given that in some circumstances, some people sanction their use as in the interests of the force carrying them out.
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '12
    Moves
    13114
    17 Jul '13 20:44
    Thankyou for your opinion iam just dipping my toe in the spiritual ocean at the moment,guess iam a spiritual refugee, in a way i understand and agree with you as religion has caused a lot of trouble.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    19 Jul '13 00:191 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Genocide isn't inherently bad?
    Rape isn't inherently bad?


    I think I am rejecting that out of hand.
    I'm sticking with my original claim.

    edit: BTW please remember the context in which I made that claim and also the smiley at the end....ok
Back to Top