1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    25 Sep '15 05:262 edits
    error
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14510
    25 Sep '15 07:56
    Originally posted by Dasa
    error
    You can quote one source from your Canon and back it up with another, but no source from your Canon can offer an independent reason for believing your Canon; to insist otherwise, to me it 's an error -regardless of one's Canon, that is.

    Accepting beliefs blindly on the ground of revelation that comes from whoever we evaluate as an enlightened being or as a teacher who is closer to enlightenment than us, to me is problematic. And accepting beliefs on the ground that they have proved consistent with our experience through the senses and through meditation and intuition and also with the amount of second-hand information, ain’t mean that them beliefs hold or are universal for experience is indeed subject to the distorting influence of our own ignorance😵
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    27 Sep '15 15:225 edits
    Originally posted by black beetle
    You can quote one source from your Canon and back it up with another, but no source from your Canon can offer an independent reason for believing your Canon; to insist otherwise, to me it 's an error -regardless of one's Canon, that is.

    Accepting beliefs blindly on the ground of revelation that comes from whoever we evaluate as an enlightened being o ...[text shortened]... re universal for experience is indeed subject to the distorting influence of our own ignorance😵
    Ask yourself how millions of Sanskrit verses of knowledge are existing way before the Roman Empire and the Pyramids and the Torah and the Bible and the Quran and before Budda.

    When Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas, he spoke 1 billion verses without stopping.

    That is the Vedas.

    And remembering that Sanskrit is the worlds most perfect and complete language.

    When scientist are telling us that cave men and dinosaur's are roaming about, there happens to be a complete Vedic civilization where a most perfect language called Sanskrit exists where it is explaining the complete health guide in the Ayurveda..

    In this Vedic civilization you shall even find some scholars sitting about relaxing and sipping tea and playing chess.

    Yes your beloved game chess is a Vedic recreational game.

    Vedas do not discuss beliefs but true knowledge.

    If you want to discuss beliefs then go to false religion or ask an atheistic scientist.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8554
    27 Sep '15 15:53
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Ask yourself how millions of Sanskrit verses of knowledge are existing way before the Roman Empire and the Pyramids and the Torah and the Bible and the Quran and before Budda.

    When Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas, he spoke 1 billion verses without stopping.

    That is the Vedas.

    And remembering that Sanskrit is the worlds most perfect and complete language. ...[text shortened]... edge.

    If you want to discuss beliefs then go to false religion or ask an atheistic scientist.
    Chess was invented in China. 😉
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14510
    27 Sep '15 18:43
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Ask yourself how millions of Sanskrit verses of knowledge are existing way before the Roman Empire and the Pyramids and the Torah and the Bible and the Quran and before Budda.

    When Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas, he spoke 1 billion verses without stopping.

    That is the Vedas.

    And remembering that Sanskrit is the worlds most perfect and complete language. ...[text shortened]... edge.

    If you want to discuss beliefs then go to false religion or ask an atheistic scientist.
    First things first: how do You Know that Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas?
    😵
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    27 Sep '15 19:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Chess was invented in China. 😉
    I don't think it was. The original Rooks were Chariots and the Bishops were Elephants. Very Hindu, not so Chinese.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    27 Sep '15 22:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Chess was invented in China. 😉
    false
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    27 Sep '15 22:27
    Originally posted by black beetle
    First things first: how do You Know that Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas?
    😵
    I shall not play the game where you say to me ......prove this and prove that.

    For a start you are an atheist and believe everything happens naturally without a controller behind everything.

    That's just plain foolishness.

    When spiritual truths are discussed a certain amount of intelligence is required so then you can stop asking everything to be proven.

    When you learnt your ABC did you ask the teacher to prove everything.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14510
    28 Sep '15 05:11
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I shall not play the game where you say to me ......prove this and prove that.

    For a start you are an atheist and believe everything happens naturally without a controller behind everything.

    That's just plain foolishness.

    When spiritual truths are discussed a certain amount of intelligence is required so then you can stop asking everything to be proven.

    When you learnt your ABC did you ask the teacher to prove everything.
    I did not ask you to prove anything. I asked you: How do You Know that Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas?
    😵
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    28 Sep '15 12:321 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I shall not play the game where you say to me ......prove this and prove that.

    For a start you are an atheist and believe everything happens naturally without a controller behind everything.

    That's just plain foolishness.

    When spiritual truths are discussed a certain amount of intelligence is required so then you can stop asking everything to be proven.

    When you learnt your ABC did you ask the teacher to prove everything.
    If Brahma spoke 1 billion verses and each verse, let's say, took one minute to recite, it would have taken 1000+ years for all those verses to be spoken. That is if Brahma talked 24 hours a day 7 days a week 52 weeks a year for 1000 years. But if he spoke one verse in one second, nobody could have understood them so it would have to have been done at a rate slow enough to be understood by ordinary humans. So even 1 minute may be too short. If it took 5 minutes per verse then Brahma would have taken 5000 years to speak 1 billion verses, and if the Brahma was human and required food and sleep, then he would only have been able to speak 8 hours a day, in that case it could have been 15,000 years to speak all 1 billion verses,

    And it would have to have been told slow enough for the words to be written down, which would have slowed down the delivery even more, say 10 minutes per verse to be read and written, now we are up to 30,000 years to get it all written out.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    28 Sep '15 15:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If Brahma spoke 1 billion verses and each verse, let's say, took one minute to recite, it would have taken 1000+ years for all those verses to be spoken. That is if Brahma talked 24 hours a day 7 days a week 52 weeks a year for 1000 years. But if he spoke one verse in one second, nobody could have understood them so it would have to have been done at a rate ...[text shortened]... nutes per verse to be read and written, now we are up to 30,000 years to get it all written out.
    We shall call you MR speculation.

    Your tiny brain cannot grasp the things of the Lord.

    You apply mundane thinking where you must apply purified intelligence,.

    Did you understand what I just told you.

    You must raise your consciousness.

    Lord Brahma has 4 heads and can therefore recite faster than you.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8554
    28 Sep '15 15:17
    Originally posted by Dasa
    We shall call you MR speculation.

    Your tiny brain cannot grasp the things of the Lord.

    You apply mundane thinking where you must apply purified intelligence,.

    Did you understand what I just told you.

    You must raise your consciousness.

    Lord Brahma has 4 heads and can therefore recite faster than you.
    I have 6 heads. You'll just have to take my word for it, even though i offer no evidence. Think of me as your teacher.
  13. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8826
    28 Sep '15 16:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I have 6 heads. You'll just have to take my word for it, even though i offer no evidence. Think of me as your teacher.
    LOL
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    28 Sep '15 17:10
    Originally posted by Dasa
    We shall call you MR speculation.

    Your tiny brain cannot grasp the things of the Lord.

    You apply mundane thinking where you must apply purified intelligence,.

    Did you understand what I just told you.

    You must raise your consciousness.

    Lord Brahma has 4 heads and can therefore recite faster than you.
    Oh Dasa, can you not understand that when you insult and try to belittle those to whom you would preach you defeat yourself?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    28 Sep '15 21:08
    Originally posted by Dasa
    We shall call you MR speculation.

    Your tiny brain cannot grasp the things of the Lord.

    You apply mundane thinking where you must apply purified intelligence,.

    Did you understand what I just told you.

    You must raise your consciousness.

    Lord Brahma has 4 heads and can therefore recite faster than you.
    So if he has 4 heads we are down to 5000 years to speak the whole thing. Are you assuming nobody was there to write the verses down, if so, how would anyone remember them?
Back to Top