1. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    270
    14 Dec '06 17:28
    Ok, here´s another hypothetical situation:

    a tribe of people have lived on a remote group of islands in the middle of the ocean for many generations. They have never met other humans before and as a result have never heard about Christianity of the "born again" variety. When these people die, ¿will they go to Heaven or Hell? assuming they have lived an otherwise morally good life.
  2. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    225
    14 Dec '06 19:10
    Originally posted by nige22
    Ok, here´s another hypothetical situation:

    a tribe of people have lived on a remote group of islands in the middle of the ocean for many generations. They have never met other humans before and as a result have never heard about Christianity of the "born again" variety. When these people die, ¿will they go to Heaven or Hell? assuming they have lived an otherwise morally good life.
    neither
  3. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Joined
    06 Feb '05
    Moves
    15816
    14 Dec '06 19:45
    What makes you say niether with such conviction, the abbscence of words being the probe to my query!
  4. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    225
    14 Dec '06 20:01
    Originally posted by RONOC
    What makes you say niether with such conviction, the abbscence of words being the probe to my query!
    The question was, "will they go to heaven or hell?"
    I believe that the answer is neither.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Joined
    20 Mar '06
    Moves
    45417
    18 Dec '06 07:12
    Originally posted by nige22
    Ok, here´s another hypothetical situation:

    a tribe of people have lived on a remote group of islands in the middle of the ocean for many generations. They have never met other humans before and as a result have never heard about Christianity of the "born again" variety. When these people die, ¿will they go to Heaven or Hell? assuming they have lived an otherwise morally good life.
    As a Christian, I will say they will go to heaven.

    God says in His Word (in my words) that: "If rather you were hot or cold, but now that you are mellow, I will spit you out of my mouth"

    Meaning, these people never knew God or any god. They do not know that Jesus died on the cross for their sins. Will they know sin, ofcourse not. I will place these kind of people under the "cold" category.
  6. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    270
    18 Dec '06 11:31
    And if they already worship their own gods, spirits, whatever? What then?
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Joined
    23 Oct '04
    Moves
    4402
    18 Dec '06 11:47
    Originally posted by nige22
    And if they already worship their own gods, spirits, whatever? What then?
    A bunch of pagans elbowing their way into heaven? Well, there goes the neighborhood...!
  8. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    28431
    18 Dec '06 11:51
    Originally posted by nige22
    And if they already worship their own gods, spirits, whatever? What then?
    You must bear in mind that it is not God's desire that any man go to hell. He is just and righteous. Everything He does is based on that.

    These tribesmen will be given an opportunity to decide.

    Let me ask a question.............what happened to the millions of people who died before Christ was revealed as the Messiah? Are they in heaven or in hell?
  9. Standard memberknightwest
    General of GROSS
    Calvin's Treehouse
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    9861
    19 Dec '06 12:391 edit
    It is my understanding that in the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, people like these would got to Limbo

    "In religious terminology, limbo is the temporary status of the souls of good persons who died but did not go to Heaven. In Roman Catholic theology, while awaiting the Resurrection of Jesus they remain in the Limbo of the Fathers. The word limbo has also been used to refer to the permanent status of the unbaptized who die in infancy, without having committed any personal sins, but without having been freed from original sin (the Limbo of Children), though the latter use has never received official approval.

    Limbo comes from the latin limbus meaning a hem or an edge or a boundary. While "limbo" is often popularly understood to be a "place where souls go", the term also describes and reflects theological uncertainty. As such, the limbo of children is not part of the Catholic religion's official doctrine (compared to purgatory, which is a part of Roman Catholic doctrine). Official Church teaching remains that the status of these souls (who do not seem to deserve hell, yet cannot follow the divinely-revealed path to heaven) is in limbo — in other words, their fate cannot be determined by any but God".

    from Wikipedia
  10. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    270
    19 Dec '06 15:271 edit
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    Let me ask a question.............what happened to the millions of people who died before Christ was revealed as the Messiah? Are they in heaven or in hell?
    You tell me. You seem to be the one who believes in Heaven and Hell.
Back to Top