1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 15:03
    Ark found but not the original. Built on Mt. Ararat, they were pretty market savvy! Had open rooms showing dinosaur poop, bags of seeds, they found some lions and zebra's and threw them in cages inside and the specialty of the house, all for 2 shekels for the tour, a special windowed room with Noah's Boa's!

It took them MONTHS to carry the wood all the way up the slopes!

It was a resounding success in the year 132 AD!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 20:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ark found but not the original. Built on Mt. Ararat, they were pretty market savvy! Had open rooms showing dinosaur poop, bags of seeds, they found some lions and zebra's and threw them in cages inside and the specialty of the house, all for 2 shekels for the tour, a special windowed room with Noah's Boa's!

It took them MONTHS to carry the wood all the way up the slopes!

It was a resounding success in the year 132 AD!
    Just because you got your ass burnt by the scientologists, doesn't mean you need to be pissed off for all eternity.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 23:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Just because you got your ass burnt by the scientologists, doesn't mean you need to be pissed off for all eternity.
    Scientology isn't even a real religion. I mean, it's like Pastafarianism. It's a huge inside joke. Except with Scientology, they never actually let on that it's a joke, because otherwise the gravy train would stop. Let's take a look at it. A religion that promotes an alien race, imagined and realized by a science fiction writer. Hmmmmm, oh yeah, that must be a real religion.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 00:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Scientology isn't even a real religion. I mean, it's like Pastafarianism. It's a huge inside joke. Except with Scientology, they never actually let on that it's a joke, because otherwise the gravy train would stop. Let's take a look at it. A religion that promotes an alien race, imagined and realized by a science fiction writer. Hmmmmm, oh yeah, that must be a real religion.
    Well, it is no less a religion because of all that BS. That's what religions are, BS. ALL of them. Scientology is one of the nuttier ones and not benign either.

Islam is not benign nor is Christianity.

Of course Scientology is a business. So is Christianity. All you have to do is look at the sunday so-called services where they have a 100 million dollar 'worship center' where they take Visa, Mastercard, American express.... You don't think that's a business?

The PRIME directive of organized religions: grow the religion, make political allies. The rest is just pablum for the populous.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 00:16
    Ah, in other words, you fall hook line and sinker for that stupid Noah fairy tale.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 05:01
    Well, it is no less a religion because of all that BS. That's what religions are, BS. ALL of them. Scientology is one of the nuttier ones and not benign either.

Islam is not benign nor is Christianity.

Of course Scientology is a business. So is Christianity. All you have to do is look at the sunday so-called services where they have a 100 million doll ...[text shortened]... d religions: grow the religion, make political allies. The rest is just pablum for the populous.
    And the leaders are false prophets and teachers too as was predicted by the true teachers and prophets of Christianity.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 06:04
    Ah, in other words, you fall hook line and sinker for that stupid Noah fairy tale.
    No, it just amuses me that someone who would fall "hook line and sinker" for the Scientology crap would keep coming here shouting their dumb mouth off.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 23:48
    No, it just amuses me that someone who would fall "hook line and sinker" for the Scientology crap would keep coming here shouting their dumb mouth off.
    ? You think I fell for that scientology crap? You need to take your meds then.

You really should think things through before making ridiculous statements like that.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 23:54
    ? You think I fell for that scientology crap? You need to take your meds then.

You really should think things through before making ridiculous statements like that.
    I know that you have fallen for the evilution crap, monkey man.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 00:10
    Why consider it a religion?

According to the analysis cited below, the only reason Scientology claimed to be a religion is for business and tax purposes. "Religious status affords many advantages, among them being a positive public perception, a legal shield for Hubbard's shabby science and false medical claims, and most importantly in the United States, tax-free status and Constitutional protection from Government scrutiny."

Earlier on, Hubbard said, ""Theta clearing is about as practical and simple as repairing a shoe lace. It is nothing to do with hypnotism, voodooism, charalatanism, monkeyism or theosophy. Done, the thetan can do anything a stage magician can do in the way of moving objects around. But this isn't attained by holding one's breath or thinking right thoughts or voting Republican or any other superstitous or mystic practice. So for the
    reason I brought up, rule out, auditor, any mumbo jumbo or mysticism,
    spiritualism, or religion."..." "Scientology has opened the gates to a better World. It is not ampsycho-therapy nor a religion. It is a body of knowledge which, when properly used, gives freedom and truth to the individual."

Later, he says, rather calculatingly, "I await your reaction on the religion angle. In my opinion, we
    couldn't get worse public opinion than we have had or have less
    customers with what we've got to sell. A religious charter would be
    necessary in Pennsylvania or NJ to make it stick. But I sure could make
    it stick. We're treating the present time beingness, psychotherapy
    treats the past and the brain. And brother, that's religion, not mental
    science."

Later:

"Scientology 1970 is being planned on a religious organization basis throughout the world. This will not upset in any way the usual activities of any organization. It is entirely a matter for accountants and solicitors.""

http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology/barwell2.htm
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 04:091 edit
    Originally posted by JS357

According to the analysis cited below, the only reason Scientology claimed to be a religion is for business and tax purposes. "Religious status affords many advantages, among them being a positive public perception, a legal shield for Hubbard's shabby science and false medical claims, and most importantly in the United States, ta ...[text shortened]... tter for accountants and solicitors.""

Words like creepy, cynical, calculating, vindictive, callous comes to mind. A lot of C words, eh.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 12:361 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I find it amusing that sonhouse got suckered into that and yet feels compelled to come here lambasting other people as he does. It's not like he even makes a decent argument of it more like a "you lot are all morons cos religion is crap" approach.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 12:37
    Originally posted by JS357

According to the analysis cited below, the only reason Scientology claimed to be a religion is for business and tax purposes. "Religious status affords many advantages, among them being a positive public perception, a legal shield for Hubbard's shabby science and false medical claims, and most importantly in the United States, ta ...[text shortened]... tter for accountants and solicitors.""

I don't know if its a religion or not.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 17:11
    I find it amusing that sonhouse got suckered into that and yet feels compelled to come here lambasting other people as he does. It's not like he even makes a decent argument of it more like a "you lot are all morons cos religion is crap" approach.
    Exactly how do you think I got 'suckered' into scientology? I saw the place in DC in 1968, very early on in their business.

I looked at it for exactly one week. I was 99% skeptical from day one and only got more so, totally an enemy of scientology when I saw L Ron Hubbards "Rongrams''.

Did you read that part? Or are you convinced I was suckered in?

They treat quiters as enemy, they are as disgusting a religion as ever came down the pike.

And with most religions, there are good parts and definite bad parts.

It helps you feel better about dying, I suppose. That is a crutch a lot of people seem to need. Or have been brainwashed to need, don't know which.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 18:301 edit
    Exactly how do you think I got 'suckered' into scientology? I saw the place in DC in 1968, very early on in their business.

I looked at it for exactly one week. I was 99% skeptical from day one and only got more so, totally an enemy of scientology when I saw L Ron Hubbards "Rongrams''.

Did you read that part? Or are you convinced I was suckered in? ...[text shortened]... at is a crutch a lot of people seem to need. Or have been brainwashed to need, don't know which.
    Did they ever talk about Noah's ark and the worldwide flood? You did not give a reference for your source for the 132 A.D. building of Noah's boat or ark. Where is it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree