1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 13:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Did they ever talk about Noah's ark and the worldwide flood? You did not give a reference for your source for the 132 A.D. building of Noah's boat or ark. Where is it?
    Jeez you are dense. You can't see artistic license when you see it? That whole schtik was just made up. Just a story to illustrate how ridiculous the flood story is.

I have no doubt there were floods and people around to record the history of them, even if oral. World wide, no possibility.

For anyone not completely brainwashed by religion you don't even have to look deeply into it to see it is total hogwash.

Your 'arguments' about the Grand Canyon are totally bogus, if it had been created 5000 odd years ago the signs of it would be there like a forensic scene on CSI. Your whole scheme is built on wishful thinking.

You can't tell the difference between a rhetorical tale, one meant to scare the public, the boogie man will get you if you don't do X Y and Z, and a real written authentic account.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 20:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Jeez you are dense. You can't see artistic license when you see it? That whole schtik was just made up. Just a story to illustrate how ridiculous the flood story is.

I have no doubt there were floods and people around to record the history of them, even if oral. World wide, no possibility.

For anyone not completely brainwashed by religion you don't ev ...[text shortened]... ic, the boogie man will get you if you don't do X Y and Z, and a real written authentic account.
    You state: "Your 'arguments' about the Grand Canyon are totally bogus, if it had been created 5000 odd years ago the signs of it would be there like a forensic scene on CSI."

The Grand Canyon - Common Sense Proof of Noah's Flood

http://www.grandcanyonflood.com/

http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=301

Below is a video less than 4 minutes long giving some CSI evidence.

The Great Deluge - Worldwide Evidence for Noah's Flood

YouTube
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 20:52
    Exactly how do you think I got 'suckered' into scientology? I saw the place in DC in 1968, very early on in their business.

I looked at it for exactly one week. I was 99% skeptical from day one and only got more so, totally an enemy of scientology when I saw L Ron Hubbards "Rongrams''.

Did you read that part? Or are you convinced I was suckered in? ...[text shortened]... at is a crutch a lot of people seem to need. Or have been brainwashed to need, don't know which.
    We probably would agree on more things than appear immediately obvious, especially around organised religion. I guess I just find myself getting irked by your blunt assumptions and generalisations about people who choose to be religious or follow a religion.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 20:122 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    Why consider it a religion?

According to the analysis cited below, the only reason Scientology claimed to be a religion is for business and tax purposes. "Religious status affords many advantages, among them being a positive public perception, a legal shield for Hubbard's shabby science and false medical claims, and most importantly in the United States, ta ...[text shortened]... tter for accountants and solicitors.""

http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology/barwell2.htm
    Precisely, but Hubbard went on to invent the aliens* spoken of in their OT literature to give those used to actual religion a deity to focus on.

* Xenu and the Galactic Confederacy. You can't make this stuff up. Oh, wait... L. Ron did make it up. Read about this, and suddenly, even to atheists, the God of Abraham seems a lot more probable. 😉

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 20:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We probably would agree on more things than appear immediately obvious, especially around organised religion. I guess I just find myself getting irked by your blunt assumptions and generalisations about people who choose to be religious or follow a religion.
    Yes, me too. I suspect there's more there than meets the eye. There usually is when someone carries around that big a chip on their shoulder. Usually there's a reason behind it, one even they may not be consciously aware of.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 20:36

For anyone not completely brainwashed by religion you don't ev ...[text shortened]... ic, the boogie man will get you if you don't do X Y and Z, and a real written authentic account.
    I'm glad you 'fessed up to this here. I came back into this thread specifically to ask you where you heard this. Still, I can appreciate the humor.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 20:37

I can't say for certain that nobody could have constructed a fake ark hundreds of years ago to give credibility to the Noah's flood story as you say. However, it is clear that some Christians were in that area at some time and carved crosses and pictures on some of those anchor stones to depict the Noah flood story. There is the decaying remains of the bottom of a big boat with the same dimension of length as that is given in the Holy Bible for the Noah's Ark story. The width is greater, but that has been explained by the collapse of the upper decks that spread out the bottom part.

So we are left to speculate on why it is there based on a view of belief or disbelief in the biblical account. I think it is just more proof of a worldwide flood.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree