1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    31 Mar '14 21:08
    "Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." -Heywood Broun

    1. Because they may have unspoken concerns that there's more to eternal issues than at first appeared.

    2. Because doing so with technical objections, counterfeit arguments and distortions blurs these issues.

    3.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    31 Mar '14 21:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." -Heywood Broun

    1. Because they may have unspoken concerns that there's more to eternal issues than at first appeared.

    2. Because doing so with technical objections, counterfeit arguments and distortions blurs these issues.

    3.[/b]
    Before asking us to give explanations for atheists talking about god more than
    theists you must first demonstrate that (collectively) atheists do in fact talk
    about god more than theists do.

    This you will not be able to do as it is not in fact true.

    Theists talk about god way more than atheists do.

    Your premise is false.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93388
    31 Mar '14 21:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." -Heywood Broun

    1. Because they may have unspoken concerns that there's more to eternal issues than at first appeared.

    2. Because doing so with technical objections, counterfeit arguments and distortions blurs these issues.

    3.[/b]
    a quote from a 1900's sport journalist.............how very relevant. i take your heywood broun and raise you david ike.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    31 Mar '14 21:40
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Before asking us to give explanations for atheists talking about god more than
    theists you must first demonstrate that (collectively) atheists do in fact talk
    about god more than theists do.

    This you will not be able to do as it is not in fact true.

    Theists talk about god [b]way
    more than atheists do.

    Your premise is false.[/b]
    Thanks for your opinion, googlefudge.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    31 Mar '14 21:40
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Before asking us to give explanations for atheists talking about god more than
    theists you must first demonstrate that (collectively) atheists do in fact talk
    about god more than theists do.

    This you will not be able to do as it is not in fact true.

    Theists talk about god [b]way
    more than atheists do.

    Your premise is false.[/b]
    What you seem to fail to realize is that the belief that "atheists do in fact talk about god more than theists do" is all that is required. Accept this free gift rather than blindly remaining the victim of self deception, self justification and self absorption.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    31 Mar '14 21:44
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    a quote from a 1900's sport journalist.............how very relevant. i take your heywood broun and raise you david ike.
    He also said, "Sports do not build character. They reveal it.": same as in competitive online public forums.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93388
    31 Mar '14 21:55
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    He also said, "Sports do not build character. They reveal it.": same as in competitive online public forums.
    another stupid quote. i hope he was a better journalist. are you saying character is fixed and cannot be built and developed?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    31 Mar '14 22:12
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    another stupid quote. i hope he was a better journalist. are you saying character is fixed and cannot be built and developed?
    Be nice to read a few quotations that please you. Observation is from Heywood Broun not yours truly. Our character begins developing in childhood and continues to develop positive or negative character traits until we move to our eternal address.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    31 Mar '14 22:13
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What you seem to fail to realize is that the belief that "atheists do in fact talk about god more than theists do" is all that is required. Accept this free gift rather than blindly remaining the victim of self deception, self justification and self absorption.
    Finally catching on...

    lol
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93388
    31 Mar '14 22:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Be nice to read a few quotations that please you. Observation is from Heywood Broun not yours truly. Our character begins developing in childhood and continues to develop positive or negative character traits until we move to our eternal address.
    if you put up a quote with no expectation or side notes of your own then i can only assume that you feel the quotes speak for you. i have lots of quotes i love, but i feel that a forum is a place for my words and thinking.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    31 Mar '14 23:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Finally catching on...

    lol
    Took a while to realize the versatility of vacuous eternal rhetoric.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    31 Mar '14 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Took a while to realize the versatility of vacuous eternal rhetoric.
    TOO, "v" words are sometimes both onomatopoetic and cool....
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    01 Apr '14 06:40
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Before asking us to give explanations for atheists talking about god more than
    theists you must first demonstrate that (collectively) atheists do in fact talk
    about god more than theists do.

    This you will not be able to do as it is not in fact true.

    Theists talk about god [b]way
    more than atheists do.

    Your premise is false.[/b]
    Grampy hides behind a quote to avoid showing his own opinion in the matter.
    Or perhaps he has no opinion at all.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    01 Apr '14 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Grampy hides behind a quote to avoid showing his own opinion in the matter.
    Or perhaps he has no opinion at all.
    Fabian, Svenska Pojke isn't hiding; rather, he's establishing an author's premise for the purpose of eliciting responses:

    "Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." -Heywood Broun

    1. Because they may have unspoken concerns that there's more to eternal issues than at first appeared.

    2. Because doing so with technical objections, counterfeit arguments and distortions blurs these issues.

    3."

    If you have one, please feel free to express it. You're among friends.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    01 Apr '14 21:47
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if you put up a quote with no expectation or side notes of your own then i can only assume that you feel the quotes speak for you. i have lots of quotes i love, but i feel that a forum is a place for my words and thinking.
    stellspalfie, quote caught my attention as relevant to some contributors to this forum.... hoped you would respond not react.
Back to Top