1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 22:04
    As the Jews and the Arabs have common decendency in Abraham according to both of their respective Holy Books, can anyone tell me why there is so much aggro between the two?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 22:06
    Originally posted by medullah
    As the Jews and the Arabs have common decendency in Abraham according to both of their respective Holy Books, can anyone tell me why there is so much aggro between the two?
    the bitterest of battles are the ones between family
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 23:181 edit
    Originally posted by medullah
    The conflict arises over which offspring was favored to inherit the promise of being the forefather of "God's chosen people". Was it Ishmael or was it Isaac? The Arabs say it was Ishmael because Mohammad traced his roots back to him and the Jews point to Isaac because they trace their roots back to him. The Bible states that it was Isaac, however. Mohammad countered this claim by saying that the Bible had been "corrupted" and wrote an account that refuted such claims via the Quran.

Edit: All one has to do is read the Biblical account of the tension between the mother of Ishmael, who was Hagaar, and the mother of Isaac, who was Sarah. Nothing has changed since that time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree