1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 21:57
    Science says that once there was nothing - just empty space a void and this existed like this for eternity - but one day something exploded and the thing that exploded must have been made of rocks because all the heavenly bodies are made of earth.

This is the story so far - and then with that explosion gravity appeared and the laws of physic and most of those rocks became round and went into orbit around the sun and some of those round rocks were completely different from each other - Saturn with its rings and Earth with its life supporting qualities and the Sun with its life giving properties.

Then a lightning bolt hit the earth and conscience life appeared and then that life diversified into elephants and cats and dog and humans and flowers and apple trees and rice fields.

This earth planet also had every conceivable resource for man to create his cars and planes and computers and homes.

This thing called man - could even replicate itself perpetually through reproduction.

ALL THIS WITHOUT INTELLIGENT DIRECTION OR PLAN OR CAUSE.

The Vedas inform us that God is the cause of all causes.

Science inform us that nothing is the cause of all causes.

What is wrong with science - are the science persons all deaf dumb and blind.

Or just thoroughly dishonest.

rhetorical questions.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 22:055 edits
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Science says that once there was nothing - just empty space a void and this existed like this for eternity - but one day something exploded and the thing that exploded must have been made of rocks because all the heavenly bodies are made of earth.

This is the story so far - and then with that explosion gravity appeared and the laws of physic and most of thos ...[text shortened]... ience persons all deaf dumb and blind.

rhetorical questions.
    I think you meant to say:

[Religion] says that once there was nothing - just empty space a void and this existed like this for eternity - but one day some [god said a few "magic words"] and the [resulting twinkle dust] must have been made of rocks because all the heavenly bodies are made of earth.

This is the story so far - and then with [the vocal release of twinkle dust] gravity appeared and the laws of physic and most of those rocks became round and went into orbit around the sun and some of those round rocks were completely different from each other - Saturn with its rings and Earth with its life supporting qualities and the Sun with its life giving properties.

Then [this god said more magic words] and conscience life appeared and then that life diversified into elephants and cats and dog and humans and flowers and apple trees and rice fields.

This earth planet also had every conceivable resource for man to create his cars and planes and computers and homes.

This thing called man - could even replicate itself perpetually through reproduction.

ALL THIS [WITH A FEW MAGIC WORDS].

[Science informs us about the underlying mechanics of well understood causes].

[Religion] inform[s] us that ["Abracadbra" and "izzy wizzy, let's get busy" are] the cause of all causes.

What is wrong with [religion] - are the [religious] persons all deaf dumb and blind.

rhetorical questions.

Hope this helps 🙂
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 22:071 edit
    I'm sorry, but the big bang isn't an explosion at all and whoever decided on that name for the theory ought to be slapped because it is misleading at best.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 22:30
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I'm sorry, but the big bang isn't an explosion at all and whoever decided on that name for the theory ought to be slapped because it is misleading at best.
    It was named the big bang by it's opponents who favoured the steady state theory and were trying to discredit it.

However dasa's description of it bears no resemblance to anything any scientist has said ever.
    But nothing new there.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 23:56

This is the story so far - and then with that explosion gravity appeared and the laws of physic and most of thos ...[text shortened]... ience persons all deaf dumb and blind.

rhetorical questions.
    God said you need to give it a rest, man.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 00:30

rhetorical questions.
    Sometimes I like to look at the word "nothing" like a no-thing.
    (Remember we were talking about invisibility and such the other day). So it's not nothing, it's a no-thing.

I dont know if this helps, but it helped me when I came across it.

I believe in God. I believe in science. I hope the opposing parties can reconcile , truthfully about this stuff in the not too distant future.
    It really is just "cutting off your nose despite you face" to either dismiss science entirely or religon entirely. Religon and science have endured because they both contain some truth abd also, because one size does not fit all, some are more disposed to one than the other.

The buddha mentioned the middle way. Simple advice that can avoid a lot unecessary unpleasentness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree