1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 08:28
    Now this is the religious viewpoint a future president should have!! Not a lot for me to diagree with here.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/06/this_is_how_obama_could_make_m.php
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 12:50
    Definitely. The sad thing is that I don't think he'd be able to make it now.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 14:46
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Definitely. The sad thing is that I don't think he'd be able to make it now.
    how many fundamentalist idiotic americans exist out there? wait , don't answer that.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 18:40
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    how many fundamentalist idiotic americans exist out there? wait , don't answer that.
    It's odd because I don't know any fundamentalist idiotic americans at all, but they definitely do have a big voting block.

The problem is that there are non-fundamentalist christians who still believe that the US is or should be a "christian nation" rather than a secular one as described as Obama in that speech.

Due to the two party system, people get divided by party over some of the most arbitrary issues. If we had more parties having a chance at making a dent in the voting count then we'd see parties being more marginalized when they choose to focus on issues that most people don't care about.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 01:11
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Now this is the religious viewpoint a future president should have!! Not a lot for me to diagree with here.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/06/this_is_how_obama_could_make_m.php
    Go Obama! Well said. 😵
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 06:34
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    It's odd because I don't know any fundamentalist idiotic americans at all, but they definitely do have a big voting block.
    I know some.

The problem is that there are non-fundamentalist christians who still believe that the US is or should be a "christian nation" rather than a secular one as described as Obama in that speech.
    Zambia declared itself a 'Christian Nation' for political reasons. Interestingly the President who did it was the most corrupt president we have ever had. More interesting is that the Churches were queueing up to take bribes from him.

Due to the two party system, people get divided by party over some of the most arbitrary issues. If we had more parties having a chance at making a dent in the voting count then we'd see parties being more marginalized when they choose to focus on issues that most people don't care about.
    I don't think a party system works well at all when it comes to the less political issues. I think a system where peoples opinion is considered in some way other than via a presidential vote every 5 years needs to be in place (and often is to varying degrees in most contries).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree