1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 22:50
    Communication has never been so good. People all over the world can receive information from many devices. Don't you think God could clear up a lot of the obvious confusion pertaining to spiritual matters. Instead of a Book to tell us which end is up why not a video feed for all of mankind. Or just appear in the sky, and end the constant debate over who has the Truth, and who does not. I'm serious as to my dismay over being so cut off from clarity.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 23:00
    Originally posted by buckky
    Communication has never been so good. People all over the world can receive information from many devices. Don't you think God could clear up a lot of the obvious confusion pertaining to spiritual matters. Instead of a Book to tell us which end is up why not a video feed for all of mankind. Or just appear in the sky, and end the constant debate over who has the Truth, and who does not. I'm serious as to my dismay over being so cut off from clarity.
    God works on the faith principle.

But the antichrist will probably use technology to do just what you described. Many will be deceived.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 02:29
    Funny thing is, He will appear in the sky...

Matthew 24:30
    "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory."

... maybe just not how you'd want or expect...
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 18:431 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory."

"Funny thing is, He will appear in the sky...

... maybe just not how you'd want or expect..."

Surely what you meant to say is that
    "it is claimed in the Bible (which many fail to see as reliable), He will appear in the sky..." 🙂
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 19:15
    Please remember man is very stubburn and perhaps no method will be able to convince everyone. God appeared on Mt. Sinai in the Exodus for 40 days. At first the people were in shock and awe. Not too long after they made themselves a gold calf and to replace Yahweh. Only forty days and the congregation went astray in rebellion.

The arriving at "the oneness of the faith" is a process. All who are saved will arrive eventually at this oneness. All may not arrive at the same time.

"Until we all arrive at the oneness of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, at a full-grown man, at the measure of the stature of the fillness of Christ.

That we may be no longer little children tossed by wves and carried about by every wind of teaching inthe sleight of men, in craftiness with a veiew to a system of error,

But holding to truth in love, we may grow up into Him in allt hings, who is the Head, Christ..." (Eph. 4:13-15)

1.) Paul discribes a process of gradually arriving.
    2.) Paul includes himself in this process - "Until WE ALL arrive at the oneness ..."
    3.) The implication is that all the believers are arriving but not necessarily that all arrive at the same time.
    4.) Immature children are easily tossed by teachings of men.
    5.) The mature should hold to the truth in LOVE.. Not just correct doctrine is vital but love.
    6.) The destination if a full grown corporate representation of Christ - the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.

We should not be discouraged as Christians. Some are arriving and all will eventually arrive.

If some were not arriving at maturity we would probably not have the exhortation to imitate those who are "inheriting the promises":

"That you be not sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and long-suffering are inheriting the promises." (Heb. 6:11)

It seems that some were inheriting the promises of oneness and unity in the Body regardless of the fact there were still divisions among Christians on earth.

Christ Himself assures us that the corporate body of His people must be "perfected" and perfection is not instantaneous. It is a process:

"I in them, and You in Me, that they may be PERFECTED into one, that the world may kinow that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." (John 17:23 my emphasis)

Christ's great prayer for the oneness of His people is a matter of them being in the PROCESS of being PERFECTED into one.

We need not dispair and bemoan that no such oneness exists. Rather we should expect that SOME are arriving at the oneness. And we should seek to be imitators of those who through faith and long-suffering are inheriting the promised oneness.

Waiting for new methods could be misleading.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 23:481 edit

Apparently some aliens were going to project a hologram of Jesus on a cloud to try to fool the population. Apparently they've scrapped the idea now. Maybe us humans aren't so stupid after all...
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 00:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Apparently some aliens were going to project a hologram of Jesus on a cloud to try to fool the population. Apparently they've scrapped the idea now. Maybe us humans aren't so stupid after all...
    Impossible, there is no evidence aliens exist.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 22:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Impossible, there is no evidence aliens exist.
    I've got my own evidence,ie.personal experience. Nothing anyone says can change that. If I turn out to be wrong about my experiences, I will promptly start a thread and admit the error of my ways, until then I have have witnessed enough evidence to convince me they do exist.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 23:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I've got my own evidence,ie.personal experience. Nothing anyone says can change that. If I turn out to be wrong about my experiences, I will promptly start a thread and admit the error of my ways, until then I have have witnessed enough evidence to convince me they do exist.
    Welcome to the club 😉
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 02:12
    Because the Bible is all we need at this time...
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 12:35
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Because the Bible is all we need at this time...
    "at this time". So in the future will we need more or less literature?

BTW I find your answer absurd and backward.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Dec '09 07:27
    Originally posted by Agerg

... maybe just not how you'd want or expect..."

Surely what you meant to say is ...[text shortened]... ed in the Bible (which many fail to see as reliable), He will appear in the sky..."[/i] 🙂[/b]
    Surely, I meant to quote the Bible like it was... um, the Bible, because gosh, it's the Bible!

Many have been deceived in their own minds by innumerable systems throughout history. I put little stock in the masses. Perhaps you need to start thinking for yourself, as well. At least, that's what most people would tell you to do.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '09 07:41
    Surely, I meant to quote the Bible like it was... um, the Bible, because gosh, it's the Bible!

Many have been deceived in their own minds by innumerable systems throughout history. I put little stock in the masses. Perhaps you need to start thinking for yourself, as well. At least, that's what most people would tell you to do.
    my goodness, even those opposed to the gospel are able to quote more scripture than those Evangelical Christians who are said to profess it. It really makes you wonder! old Mother hubbard, eat your heart out!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree