1. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 10:39
    I recently came across the Oddo-Harkins rule and was wondering what YECs think of it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddo%E2%80%93Harkins_rule

In summary, the abundance of elements observed follows a very distinctive pattern in which even numbered elements are generally more abundant than odd numbered elements. This is explained in science by the way elements are formed in stars. However, if God created the universe recently rather than the elements being formed in stars then why did he create more even numbered elements than odd numbered elements?
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 13:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    However, if God created the universe recently rather than the elements being formed in stars then why did he create more even numbered elements than odd numbered elements?
    The answer that you are most likely to get is: "That's just the way he did it. His ways are inscrutible! Glory, glory, etc 😏. "
  3. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 19:39
    Originally posted by CalJust
    The answer that you are most likely to get is: "That's just the way he did it. His ways are inscrutible! Glory, glory, etc 😏. "
    You got in before me lol
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 22:05
    Gods plant false evidence to convince us of their non-existence.

They are doing a fine job.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 22:191 edit
    I recently came across the Oddo-Harkins rule and was wondering what YECs think of it.

In summary, the abundance of elements observed follows a very distinctive pattern in which even numbered elements are generally more abundant than odd numbered elements. This is explained in science by the way e ...[text shortened]... g formed in stars then why did he create more even numbered elements than odd numbered elements?
    Because God isn't Adrian Monk.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 07:17
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I very much doubt that. In my experience creationists are very reluctant to admit ignorance on anything. I expect silence.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 07:56

In summary, the abundance of elements observed follows a very distinctive pattern in which even numbered elements are generally more abundant than odd numbered elements. This is explained in science by the way e ...[text shortened]... g formed in stars then why did he create more even numbered elements than odd numbered elements?
    I am not an expert in chemistry, but I don't see why anything about the Oddo–Harkins rules would rule out YEC. You did notice that there are exceptions to the rules, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree