1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 12:50
    You just couldn't bring yourself to acknowledge God, so in a fit of jealousy and rage you murdered your brother, and to cover up your guilt you denied accountability.

Then you ran away in fear for your life and built a fortress to fortify and justify your denial. You paved over the truth with every excuse you could think of. Your greatest achievement was in denying the very existence of God.

You are the father of atheism.

But you are not really an atheist at all. You are your own god. You are accountable to no one but yourself. Or so you think. You are self justified, therefore you can validate yourself by yourself. After all, who else is there besides yourself that you must answer to?

Atheism is a void. The seat of chaos and meaninglessness and ultimately death. Atheism offers no hope, no truth of any substance, and no love worth finding. Atheism is shrouded in fear and hopelessness. Atheism carries with it the illusion of a life while denying the existence of the spring of life. The best atheism can produce is a theory that the universe came about by mere circumstance, and one that leaves a man out in the cold chance-less void of the specter of nonexistence.

R.I.P. Cain! 😠 :'(
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 13:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    You just couldn't bring yourself to acknowledge God, so in a fit of jealousy and rage you murdered your brother, and to cover up your guilt you denied accountability.

Then you ran away in fear for your life and built a fortress to fortify and justify your denial. You paved over the truth with every excuse you could think of. Your greatest achievement was ...[text shortened]... a man out in the cold chance-less void of the specter of nonexistence.

R.I.P. Cain! 😠 :'(
    [yawn]
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 13:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [yawn]
    😴
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:09
    wow the ol atheists are being targeted today, what gives?
  5. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    josephw and vishvahetu in a kind of workrate and positional rotation.

In the 70s the Dutch called it total football. Although it didn't win them a World Cup.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Well, it's a new year, and I thought that this forum needed a little boost.

After all, it was declared dead. So I thought I might bring a bit of life back into it.

No one needs to take it personally though. It's not about persons, but about an idea or mind set held by someone living in denial.

I thought I would ramp up the discussion and focus on atheism. But so far there doesn't seem to be much they have to say in defence of their belief.

Why is that I wonder?

All I've seen so far is disparaging remarks concerning my person. It's a classic symptom of denial to shift the focus and assign blame on someone or something else.

For all their claims of objectivity it's a wonder how some atheists are unable to engage in serious debate, but instead resort to defamatory remarks designed to intimidate their opponent.. Especially when confronted with the obvious failures of their belief systems.
  7. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:38
    No one needs to take it personally though. It's not about persons...
    On the contrary. I think what you have been saying across several threads is about a person. It seems quite clear that it's about you. Just as vishvahetu's very similar posts are almost purely about him, about him making assertions, about him claiming to be transmitting the truth, about the "meaningless" of the lives of those you either disagree or those who don't want to indulge you. It's very much about certain persons, I'd say.
  8. Joined
    04 Jun '03
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:38
    Atheism is not a belief. Religion is a belief. You are the dude with the unsupported fairy story, so cop to it and stop worrying about my head cheese.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:39
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    josephw and vishvahetu in a kind of workrate and positional rotation.

In the 70s the Dutch called it total football. Although it didn't win them a World Cup.
    Nothing substantive to say Booth?

Of course not. Atheism results in empty headedness.

You can answer my diatribe against atheism or you can shut up! Because you or anyone else cannot intimidate me with sorry childish squawking.

Show me where I'm wrong and I'll eat crow. In the mean time try to act like an adult.
  10. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:41
    Nothing substantive to say Booth?

Of course not. Atheism results in empty headedness.
    I am not an atheist.

And I don't believe what you believe.
  11. Joined
    04 Jun '03
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:42
    Hey Joe..shouldn't you be in church? It's your lord's day.
  12. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:421 edit
    You can answer my diatribe against atheism or you can shut up! Because you or anyone else cannot intimidate me with sorry childish squawking. Show me where I'm wrong and I'll eat crow. In the mean time try to act like an adult.
    You've only justfinished saying this:

"For all their claims of objectivity it's a wonder how some atheists are unable to engage in serious debate, but instead resort to defamatory remarks designed to intimidate their opponent."

And here you are - in the very next post - resorting to defamatory remarks?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:461 edit
    Originally posted by dube
    Atheism is not a belief. Religion is a belief. You are the dude with the unsupported fairy story, so cop to it and stop worrying about my head cheese.
    You're right, atheism isn't a belief. In reality atheism doesn't even exist except in the mind of the one who is in denial.

You say it's a fairy story. Leave it to you to know a fairy story when you hear one, right?

Worry about your own head cheese, dude.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:47
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    You've only justfinished saying this:

"For all their claims of objectivity it's a wonder how some atheists are unable to engage in serious debate, but instead resort to defamatory remarks designed to intimidate their opponent."

And here you are - in the very next post - resorting to defamatory remarks?
    You're confused.
  15. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:50
    You're confused.
    All I've seen so far is disparaging remarks concerning my person. It's a classic symptom of denial to shift the focus and assign blame on someone or something else.

Whoops. It was you who just said that. A few posts ago.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree