1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:52
    Originally posted by dube
    Hey Joe..shouldn't you be in church? It's your lord's day.
    1 Corinthians 10:26 - For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

I'm in "church" all the time and everywhere I go.

Again, worry about yourself.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:56
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    All I've seen so far is disparaging remarks concerning my person. It's a classic symptom of denial to shift the focus and assign blame on someone or something else.

Whoops. It was you who just said that. A few posts ago.
    You just couldn't bring yourself to acknowledge God, so in a fit of jealousy and rage you murdered your brother, and to cover up your guilt you denied accountability.

Then you ran away in fear for your life and built a fortress to fortify and justify your denial. You paved over the truth with every excuse you could think of. Your greatest achievement was in denying the very existence of God.

You are the father of atheism.

But you are not really an atheist at all. You are your own god. You are accountable to no one but yourself. Or so you think. You are self justified, therefore you can validate yourself by yourself. After all, who else is there besides yourself that you must answer to?

Atheism is a void. The seat of chaos and meaninglessness and ultimately death. Atheism offers no hope, no truth of any substance, and no love worth finding. Atheism is shrouded in fear and hopelessness. Atheism carries with it the illusion of a life while denying the existence of the spring of life. The best atheism can produce is a theory that the universe came about by mere circumstance, and one that leaves a man out in the cold chance-less void of the specter of nonexistence.

R.I.P. Cain!

Here's my OP Booth. Find something substantive to say on topic or shut up!

And whatever you do don't expect me to be nicer than Jesus.
  3. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    Here's my OP Booth. Find something substantive to say on topic or shut up!
    Presumably this OP and the other OP entitled "Godlessness(Atheism)is Lifelessness" comprise expressions of certain elements of your beliefs. Well, I don't believe any of the things you have said you believe.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:14
    Presumably this OP and the other OP entitled "Godlessness(Atheism)is Lifelessness" comprise expressions of certain elements of your beliefs. Well, I don't believe any of the things you have said you believe.
    Whether you believe what I believe or not is irrelevant to the topic of this thread. The idea is for you to refute the claims I made. Not to refute me.

Here, I'll give you a helping hand.

Substantiate how what you believe is superior to what I believe.

If you can.

Forgive the obvious patronizing tone. It's just a tactic of intimidation I use to throw my opponent off guard.

Keep in mind that I'm not nicer than Jesus. I fight back! What can I say? I'm only telling the truth.
  5. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:18
    Substantiate how what you believe is superior to what I believe.
    I simply don't believe your beliefs have any substance that is relevant to me or that warrant "refutation". I have no reason to believe any of the assertions you make. I have no wish to divest you of your beliefs because they have no meaning or basis as far as I am concerned and what they mean to you has no bearing on me.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:28
    I simply don't believe your beliefs have any substance that is relevant to me or that warrant "refutation". I have no reason to believe any of the assertions you make. I have no wish to divest you of your beliefs because they have no meaning or basis as far as I am concerned and what they mean to you has no bearing on me.
    Now we're getting somewhere.

Please describe what does have meaning and bearing for you. What reasons do you have for believing thus?
  7. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:34
    Please describe what does have meaning and bearing for you.
    No. I will pass on that. I have engaged you on your OP assertions. Now you know - because I have asserted it - that I don't believe any of the claims you made in this OP or the other OP of yours, or in any of the similar comments you made in the last few hours on other people's threads. My response is on topic here. If I want to talk about what I believe I can start a thread that deals with that. In fact I did and you contributed to it if I recall correctly.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:39
    No. I will pass on that. I have engaged you on your OP assertions. Now you know - because I have asserted it - that I don't believe any of the claims you made in this OP or the other OP of yours, or in any of the similar comments you made in the last few hours on other people's threads. My response is on topic here. If I want to talk about what I believ ...[text shortened]... a thread that deals with that. In fact I did and you contributed to it if I recall correctly.
    Do you believe it's enough just to believe there is a God?
  9. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:45
    Do you believe it's enough just to believe there is a God?
    There's a whole thread dedicated to my beliefs (and the beliefs of others, of course, along with their beliefs about my beliefs). If there is an answer that is going to satisfy you, then it will be there. You asking me here if I believe 'it's enough just to believe there is a God' has nothing to do with atheism and thus nothing to do with this thread's topic.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:48
    There's a whole thread dedicated to my beliefs (and the beliefs of others, of course, along with their beliefs about my beliefs). If there is an answer that is going to satisfy you, then it will be there. You asking me here if I believe 'it's enough just to believe there is a God' has nothing to do with atheism and thus nothing to do with this thread's topic.
    You win! 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree