1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 01:13
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Sunday morning, likely returning home from a drug and alchohol filled party, a recent high school graduate from my class slid her car off the road an rolled over. Dead at the scene. A popular cheerleader, was in a few of my classes over the 4 years, and everyone knew who she was, like or dislike. But her life was finished in just a few seconds, and now she i ...[text shortened]... 't let yourself regret that you didn't give someone a chance to know the saving power of Jesus
    Or maybe she is in Heaven precisely because she was not Christian (assuming she was not). Maybe only Christians go to Hell.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 03:321 edit
    Okay, geezus, sorry.

I was probably wrong to post this quick story in a forum where people don't share beliefs. I now understand that it would find a better place in any Christian forum, where people can see it from the same perspective ...[text shortened]... my words into the lion's den that we call the Spirituality Forum.
    grumph
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 04:11
    Okay, geezus, sorry.

I was probably wrong to post this quick story in a forum where people don't share beliefs. I now understand that it would find a better place in any Christian forum, where people can see it from the same perspective.

The message I was trying to put across was for believers and there just don't seem to be that many here recieving. ...[text shortened]... more careful before throwing my words into the lion's den that we call the Spirituality Forum.
    Yeah you was wrong to post that in a forum filled with human beings.
  4. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 05:21
    This story, though compelling, is just another example of why I don't attend church anymore. your friend/acquaintance was coming home at 5:30 in the morning.... ok ..... i get it.

(This next paragraph is mainly for Christians... Please skip if you dont believe in Christianity or simply dont care🙂

however, though she might have been at a party, and there probably was drinking/drugs going on, it does not mean that this person (and I'm talking to the Christians on this forum when I say this) goes to hell. According to Christian tradition (and I think I can comment on this since I spent 12 years learning this), a person's "soul" is judged at the end of their "earthly" life, as they enter eternity. Heaven, hell, purgatory... you get the point. Relating to this point, it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to speculate who is or isn't going to hell, since none of us know the last minutes/seconds of that person's life. Who are we to say whether they were asking for forgiveness at the time of their death? or if they tried to repent for their "sins", or if they "accepted" God/Jesus into their lives?

-------------------------------

now, getting back to this story, I have one of my own.

I was driving along route 80, towards PA, last month, when a black car rear-ended me trying to pass into the left lane at (what I estimate to be) over 90 mph. I spun out of control into the fence/barrier in between both sides of the highway (in the grassy area), and by the time my car finally came to a stop I was facing oncoming traffic, stuck in between the middle and left lanes.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the guy's plates.
    Unfortunately, my car sustained so much damage that it wasn't worth the repair, and since I didnt catch his/her plates (to busy spinning out of control) I didn't get any insurance coverage and had to junk it.

On the bright side? There weren't any cars/trucks coming towards me when the car came to a stop; there were actually only two cars, one in the right lane, and one in the middle lane, that managed to pull over before getting near me. Did I mention this all happened around a turn? Which means if there WERE cars, or worse trucks, coming in all three lanes towards me, I was dead. And most likely, not just me. In fact, it is highly likely that a pile-up would ensue. Well, I was lucky enough that my car managed to start, and after checking just how much damage was done on the shoulder proceeded to drive to my friend's house in PA, and found a state trooper police station where I filed a report.
    Fortunately, I didnt die.
    Fortunately, I didnt sustain any major injuries.

True story.

The accident wasnt my fault. I got screwed, the other driver got away with it. Guess what? Life's not fair.

Now, why did I just waste your time making you read that story. Simple. This particular incident further made me realize just how short our life here is. And whether you believe in, or dont believe in God, and whatever beliefs you may have, you dont have a lot of time to appreciate them.
    People survive and die from accidents every day. I was one of the luckier ones. She wasn't. We shouldn't waste our lives bickering over whose beliefs are better. In the end, we will all find out anyway, so why not just live our lives out the way we think is right, and let others do the same?
    This girl may have been drinking. She may have been doing drugs. But at least she was doing what she wanted to do with HER life. Was it dumb if she drove home under the influence? Absolutely. Unfortunately, she payed for it dearly. That was irresponsible. The actual drinking/drugs was not. You have your bible, they have their booze. To them, your life may be a waste. To you, hers was.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Live your life the way you see fit, but dont try to inflict your beliefs where they are not welcome. I'm sure you wouldn't want others to force you to inject yourself with heroine against your will. Dont inject them with passages of hell-fire and brimstone against THEIR will, if they dont want to hear it. I believe that there is even a passage in the Bible where Jesus tells his disciples to go from town to town spreading the "Word", but if the town rejected them, they were told to move on to the next. Think about taking Jesus' advice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree