1. Earth Prime
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 19:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I understand your point, but if there is no way to know her fate
    why throw it into the faces of those that loved her? They are here
    and your words may carry the day while both you and them are
    here. Do you think you will ever be well recieved after you say
    something like that to someone who just had a loved one die?
    Kelly
    What? You think I'll run up to her friends and family and pronounce "Your beloved Alison is now in eternal damnation and torment. Think about that as you go to bed tonight, and repent."

Okay, no I'm not. I'm speaking about the situation to people here who have no connection to the issue at hand.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 19:462 edits
    Originally posted by Coconut
    What? You think I'll run up to her friends and family and pronounce "Your beloved Alison is now in eternal damnation and torment. Think about that as you go to bed tonight, and repent."

Okay, no I'm not. I'm speaking about the situation to people here who have no connection to the issue at hand.
    I would hope not, even how you shared it here wasn't well recieved
    for the same reasons I have pointed out before, I'll take your word
    for it that you wouldn't say what you said here to them. I will also
    remind you that here there are people who have lost loved ones as
    I have shared. Your words will be taken to heart by them the way
    you would not want your friends family to hear them. Just be mindful,
    it is all I'm asking. I wish you well.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 19:51
    I'm here to say that by all human perception, her soul was not saved. There is no human way to know 100% though.
    By all human perception? Not mine, buddy.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 21:04
    Romans 12:14-16
    14Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
    15Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
    16Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

I'm going to share something I consider very personal that goes to
    this su ...[text shortened]... visitation, but be mindful of who
    you are talking to and what they are going through.
    Kelly
    Gets one of my recs, too.
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 21:061 edit
    Don't let yourself regret that you didn't give someone a chance to know the saving power of Jesus
    If it makes you feel any better, Coco...if she hadn't given in to the Jesus myth like so many sheep, then she WAS saved.
  6. Meddling with things
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:38
    Sunday morning, likely returning home from a drug and alchohol filled party, a recent high school graduate from my class slid her car off the road an rolled over. Dead at the scene. A popular cheerleader, was in a few of my classes over the 4 years, and everyone knew who she was, like or dislike. But her life was finished in just a few seconds, and now she i ...[text shortened]... 't let yourself regret that you didn't give someone a chance to know the saving power of Jesus
    If I knew how to find you I'd be tempted to burn you alive you hard hearted sanctimonious prat.
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:46
    16Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Kelly
    Thank you, Kelly, for... Well, can't even say more. A rec for that brave and honest post.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:53
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    If I knew how to find you I'd be tempted to burn you alive you hard hearted sanctimonious prat.
    burnt goat dont smell too good.
  9. Meddling with things
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:54
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    burnt goat dont smell too good.
    Tastes good though
  10. Earth Prime
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 23:031 edit
    Okay, geezus, sorry.

I was probably wrong to post this quick story in a forum where people don't share beliefs. I now understand that it would find a better place in any Christian forum, where people can see it from the same perspective.

The message I was trying to put across was for believers and there just don't seem to be that many here recieving. I'll be much more careful before throwing my words into the lion's den that we call the Spirituality Forum.
  11. Meddling with things
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 23:06
    Okay, geezus, sorry.

I was probably wrong to post this quick story in a forum where people don't share beliefs. I now understand that it would find a better place in any Christian forum, where people can see it from the same perspective.

The message I was trying to put across was for believers and there just don't seem to be that many here recieving. ...[text shortened]... more careful before throwing my words into the lion's den that we call the Spirituality Forum.
    No you were not wrong to post the story here, You were wrong to arrogantly condemn a fellow human go glibly to a firey pit of hell. You are wrong to think like that while you have a plank in your eye. You deserve to be poked with sticks by half human half fish creatures.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 23:08
    Okay, geezus, sorry.

The message I was trying to put across was for believers and there just don't seem to be that many here recieving. ...[text shortened]... more careful before throwing my words into the lion's den that we call the Spirituality Forum.
    Notice KellyJay is a believer. He's not a judgemental bastard though. Perhaps you'll find more of them on this Christian forum.
  13. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 23:18
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Notice KellyJay is a believer. He's not a judgemental bastard though. Perhaps you'll find more of them on this Christian forum.
    KellyJay also seems to have a sense of good manners and socially acceptable behavior.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 01:07

Kelly
    for me, this is a thread stopper. no other post is going to get the right message across more poignantly than this one by KJ.

opened by coconut, slammed shut by KJ. nothing more to say.
  15. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 01:11
    Okay, geezus, sorry.

geezus? Sounds like you're taking your "Lord's" name in vain, but by cleverly mis-spelling it, it isn't blasphemy...is that about it? I'm sure your Most Holy Father will disapprove. Better hit the confessional, or throw around a few Hail Marys.

This is a spirituality forum on a chess site. By and large, chess enthusiasts tend to be analytical thinkers. Stands to reason that you'll find a few heathens and non-believers about. Enjoy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree