1. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 07:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    What?

You are insulted by an idea?

Why?
    I believe Christians are the scum of the earth.
    Just an idea that popped into my head.
    I hope you don't feel insulted.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 08:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I believe Christians are the scum of the earth.
    I hope you don't feel insulted.
    twhitehead, all human beings are born spiritually dead, depraved and "the scum of the earth" in relationship to God's Righteous Standard. We have nothing of value to offer Him. He offers the grace gift of salvation and eternal life to us. Some accept it; others refuse it.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 08:412 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    twhitehead, all human beings are born spiritually dead, depraved and "the scum of the earth" in relationship to God's Righteous Standard. We have nothing of value to offer Him. He offers the grace gift of salvation and eternal life to us. Some accept it; others refuse it.
    So I take it that instead of being insulted, you simply agree with me. But then you call me the 'scum of the earth too' and I find that insulting - I don't care whose standard you compared me with to come up with that conclusion.

Also insulting is your persistence in insisting that I have refused an offer that I am not aware was ever made to me - despite this being explained to you many many times.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 09:072 edits
    So I take it that instead of being insulted, you simply agree with me. But then you call me the 'scum of the earth too' and I find that insulting - I don't care whose standard you compared me with to come up with that conclusion.

Also insulting is your persistence in insisting that I have refused an offer that I am not aware was ever made to me - despite this being explained to you many many times.
    My statement regarding your phrase "scum of the earth" was inclusive of every member of the human race past, present and future which includes you and me. If your usage applied to more than "Christians" as you stated then we agree. I'm not insulted in the least because I'm a realist about my own sin nature. Whether you've accepted or refused God's offer is known only to you and Him.

Footnote: Originally posted by twhitehead
    "I believe Christians are the scum of the earth.
    I hope you don't feel insulted." (Page 2)
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 09:192 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    My statement regarding your phrase "scum of the earth" was inclusive of every member of the human race past, present and future which includes you and me.
    So, clearly including me - therefore insulting. [1]

Whether you've accepted or refused God's offer is known only to you and Him.
    Ignoring what I said and trying to talk over it - very insulting. [10]
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 09:35
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Since there are a couple threads out there which seem to be focusing on being nice and avoiding insulting language, it would be very informative if some examples could be given. Everybody's idea or definition of an insult will vary. Please identity what you consider insulting or derogatory giving it a rating so that people understand how important it is to y ...[text shortened]...
    [2] You are a moron for making such a statement.

Just off the top of my head .. more later.
    You are a comedian. 😀
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 10:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are a comedian. 😀
    Thats a zero on the scale.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 13:31
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Since there are a couple threads out there which seem to be focusing on being nice and avoiding insulting language, it would be very informative if some examples could be given. Everybody's idea or definition of an insult will vary. Please identity what you consider insulting or derogatory giving it a rating so that people understand how important it is to y ...[text shortened]...
    [2] You are a moron for making such a statement.

Just off the top of my head .. more later.
    For me, "insult" depends a lot on who says it. If it's say, RJHinds calling someone 'numbnuts', then that doesn't matter because he says it to anyone and everyone.

However, if it were a poster that I generally respect calling me a 'moron', that would sting a bit.

The stuff in your 10] - I have heard so many times that it hardly registers in my head. When I see that stuff, I usually look to the next post for something that might be interesting, instead. 🙂
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 17:41
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    For me, "insult" depends a lot on who says it. If it's say, RJHinds calling someone 'numbnuts', then that doesn't matter because he says it to anyone and everyone.

However, if it were a poster that I generally respect calling me a 'moron', that would sting a bit.

The stuff in your 10] - I have heard so many times that it hardly registers in my h ...[text shortened]... that stuff, I usually look to the next post for something that might be interesting, instead. 🙂
    A couple good points there. Everyone reacts differently. Here is an often ignored passage by Paul.

For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23 KJV)

What Paul says here is basically when in Rome do as the Romans. Likewise If you are among atheists what does it matter if you agree with some of what they believe in order to gain them or win them over on important issues. Arguing about creation v evolution is one of most useless topics that the Christian can argue about in my opinion.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 21:151 edit
    So, clearly including me - therefore insulting. [1]

[b]Whether you've accepted or refused God's offer is known only to you and Him.

Ignoring what I said and trying to talk over it - very insulting. [10][/b]
    Sometimes facts hurt and truth stings; your reaction is quite common.
    At least you had the honesty and candor to express it publically.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree