On a Scale of 1 to 10

On a Scale of 1 to 10

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jul 15

Since there are a couple threads out there which seem to be focusing on being nice and avoiding insulting language, it would be very informative if some examples could be given. Everybody's idea or definition of an insult will vary. Please identity what you consider insulting or derogatory giving it a rating so that people understand how important it is to you.

I will go first:

[10] I am saved forever even though I sin pretty often but you [Mr Atheist] will burn in hell and be tormented for all eternity for not accepting Christ. Im so much better than you.

[2] You are a moron for making such a statement.

Just off the top of my head .. more later.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jul 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Since there are a couple threads out there which seem to be focusing on being nice and avoiding insulting language, it would be very informative if some examples could be given. Everybody's idea or definition of an insult will vary. Please identity what you consider insulting or derogatory giving it a rating so that people understand how important it is to y ...[text shortened]...

How is what another believes insulting to you?

The threads you are referring to are about not making personal ad hominem attacks, and having objective and positive debates. How does another's beliefs rise to the level of an insult to you?

Moves
14 Jul 15

[8~10] You must ask for forgiveness from my god for crimes you didn't commit against laws
you didn't agree to so that my god doesn't murder you/torture you for eternity...

Basically the central message of most religions I find grossly insulting and offensive.

Herein lies the problem.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jul 15

Since there are a couple threads out there which seem to be focusing on being nice and avoiding insulting language, it would be very informative if some examples could be given. Everybody's idea or definition of an insult will vary. Please identity what you consider insulting or derogatory giving it a rating so that people understand how important it is to you. ...[text shortened]... .

The only "insulting language" here or anywhere else on planet earth results when vindictive hatred of the words
written or spoken by someone else trigger an emotional reaction which results in character assassination no matter
how softly muted or cleverly disguised. All human beings are born with sin natures as well as volitional choice.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jul 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
[8~10] You must ask for forgiveness from my god for crimes you didn't commit against laws
you didn't agree to so that my god doesn't murder you/torture you for eternity...

Basically the central message of most religions I find grossly insulting and offensive.

Herein lies the problem.
Is it the "idea" that is insulting, or are you saying you believe the one that promotes the "idea" is insulting you with the "idea" that you need forgiveness?

I'm not certain I understand what it is that's insulting to you.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Jul 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
The only "insulting language" here or anywhere else on planet earth results when vindictive hatred of the words
written or spoken by someone else trigger an emotional reaction which results in character assassination no matter
how softly muted or cleverly disguised. All human beings are born with sin natures as well as volitional choice.
I don't believe i was born with sin, but i sure made up for it after i was.

[10] Everything Hind's says.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I don't believe i was born with sin, but i sure made up for it after i was.

[10] Everything Hind's says.
Being "born with sin" I think is inaccurate. We are not born with sin. We are born with the propensity to sin as a result of the fall of the first man Adam.

The second Adam, Jesus Christ was born free of that propensity, and did not sin, but was made sin for us on the cross so that we can be free of the penalty for sin, which is death.

Anyway, I just wanted to make that Biblically clear!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jul 15

Originally posted by josephw
Being "born with sin" I think is inaccurate. We are not born with sin. We are born with the propensity to sin as a result of the fall of the first man Adam.

The second Adam, Jesus Christ was born free of that propensity, and did not sin, but was made sin for us on the cross so that we can be free of the penalty for sin, which is death.

Anyway, I just wanted to make that Biblically clear!
Thanks, Joe.

Moves
14 Jul 15

Is it the "idea" that is insulting, or are you saying you believe the one that promotes the "idea" is insulting you with the "idea" that you need forgiveness?

I'm not certain I understand what it is that's insulting to you.
The idea IS insulting and offensive etc.

The person telling me/us the idea is BEING insulting and offensive etc.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jul 15

The threads you are referring to are about not making personal ad hominem attacks, and having objective and positive debates. How does another's beliefs rise to the level of an insult to you?
Googlefudge answered your question. Thanks GF.

Maybe you need to appreciate how others feel josephw.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jul 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
The idea [b]IS insulting and offensive etc.

The person telling me/us the idea is BEING insulting and offensive etc.[/b]
What?

You are insulted by an idea?

Why?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jul 15

Googlefudge answered your question. Thanks GF.

Maybe you need to appreciate how others feel josephw.
Maybe you need to follow the thread Rajk.

Moves
15 Jul 15

Since there are a couple threads out there which seem to be focusing on being nice and avoiding insulting language, it would be very informative if some examples could be given. Everybody's idea or definition of an insult will vary. Please identity what you consider insulting or derogatory giving it a rating so that people understand how important it is to y ...[text shortened]...

I rarely if, at all, feel insulted by anything people post in this forum.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I rarely if, at all, feel insulted by anything people post in this forum.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JHfP5EWXgvc/maxresdefault.jpg

Cape Town

Moves
15 Jul 15

I believe you are a ........

Easy.