1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '11 21:28
    It is beyond my power to induce in you a belief in God.

There are certain things which are self proved and certain which are not proved at all. The existence of God is like a geometrical axiom. It may be beyond our heart grasp. I shall not talk of an intellectual grasp. Intellectual attempts are more or less failures, as a rational explanation cannot give you the faith in a living God. For it is a thing beyond the grasp of reason. It transcends reason.

There are numerous phenomena from which you can reason out the existence of God, but I shall not insult your intelligence by offering you a rational explanation of that type. I would have you brush aside all rational explanations and begin with a simple childlike faith in God. If I exist, God exists. With me it is a necessity of my being as it is with millions. They may not be able to talk about it, but from their life you can see that it is a part of their life.

I am only asking you to restore the belief that has been undermined. In order to do so, you have to unlearn a lot of literature that dazzles your intelligence and throws you off your feet. Start with the faith which is also a token of humility and an admission that we know nothing, that we are less than atoms in this universe. We are less than atoms, I say, because the atom obeys the law of its being, whereas we in the insolence of our ignorance deny the law of nature.

But I have no argument to address to those who have no faith.

[Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi]
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jun '11 21:31
    Originally posted by Rajk999

There are certain things which are self proved and certain which are not proved at all. The existence of God is like a geometrical axiom. It may be beyond our heart grasp. I shall not talk of an intellectual grasp. Intellectual attempts are more or less failures, as a rational explanation cannot giv ...[text shortened]...

Good stuff.......
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Jun '11 21:34

There are certain things which are self proved and certain which are not proved at all. The existence of God is like a geometrical axiom. It may be beyond our heart grasp. I shall not talk of an intellectual grasp. Intellectual attempts are more or less failures, as a rational explanation cannot giv ...[text shortened]...

There are numerous phenomena from which you can reason out the existence of God, but I shall not insult your intelligence by offering you a rational explanation of that type. I would have you brush aside all rational explanations and begin with a simple childlike faith in God. If I exist, God exists. With me it is a necessity of my being as it is with millions. They may not be able to talk about it, but from their life you can see that it is a part of their life.

I.e. stop thinking rationally! Assume God exists and you'll then conclude God exists 😞
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '11 21:51
    Originally posted by Agerg

I.e. stop thinking rationally! Assume God exists and you'll then conclude God exists 😞
    John 20:29 Jesus saith .. blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Jun '11 22:076 edits
    John 20:29 Jesus saith .. blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
    Meh...I'm going to (one day) write a book about Larry the Leprechaun, it will say the same thing, i.e. (chapters, verses, and sections to be decided later)

Larry a:b "The truly awesome people will believe in me
    Jim[1] c:d "Anyone who says Larry doesn't or probably doesn't exist is stupid"

I'll then parade this as a totally winning argument whenever I'm hit by skeptics! 😞

---------------------------------
    1) Jim is Larry's brother.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '11 22:19
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Meh...I'm going to (one day) write a book about Larry the Leprechaun, it will say the same thing, i.e. (chapters, verses, and sections to be decided later)

Larry a:b "The truly awesome people will believe in me
    Jim[1] c:d "Anyone who says Larry doesn't or probably doesn't exist is stupid"

I'll then parade this as a totally winning argument whene ...[text shortened]... y skeptics! 😞

---------------------------------
    1) Jim is Larry's brother.
    Good Luck... 🙂
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '11 22:56

What should be taken away from this is the fact that belief in God is strictly a matter of faith. There are more than a few on this forum who would do well to understand this fact. Instead they repeatedly play the fool and attempt to offer explanations based on reason. By logical extension all other claims such as a belief in intelligent design, belief that the Bible is the "word of God", etc. are also strictly a matter of faith. To argue that it is in any way a matter of reason only serves to demonstrate delusion or a lack of intelligence.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 00:00
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What should be taken away from this is the fact that belief in God is strictly a matter of faith. There are more than a few on this forum who would do well to understand this fact. Instead they repeatedly play the fool and attempt to offer explanations based on reason. By logical extension all other claims such as a belief in intelligent design, belief th ...[text shortened]... s in any way a matter of reason only serves to demonstrate delusion or a lack of intelligence.
    Belief in God is all about what atheists call irrational faith in the existance of an entity without proof.

There is no common ground from which to discuss the existance or non-existance of God. Thats why I dont participate in those types of threads.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
  9. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 00:17
    Good thinking ! I love your view on the matter.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 00:30
    Originally posted by buckky
    Good thinking ! I love your view on the matter.
    What view exactly do you love? Is it my irrational faith in God ?
  11. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 00:34
    What view exactly do you love? Is it my irrational faith in God ?
    Yes it is your irrational faith. The rational mind can't seem to find Truth without the ego being transformed in a radical way. Innocense is what is needed and hard to find after being soiled.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 01:28
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What should be taken away from this is the fact that belief in God is strictly a matter of faith. There are more than a few on this forum who would do well to understand this fact. Instead they repeatedly play the fool and attempt to offer explanations based on reason. By logical extension all other claims such as a belief in intelligent design, belief th ...[text shortened]... s in any way a matter of reason only serves to demonstrate delusion or a lack of intelligence.
    Only an idiot would claim that it's all a matter of faith... without recognizing the reality of his own faith position. Where one puts one confidence, that is one's faith. Period, over and out.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 01:29
    My feeling on faith in a God that I know I cannot see with my physical eyes is one of complete satisfaction of knowing he will never let the human race be destroyed by things we cannot control. The Bible has never once been proved wrong and all of history only proves it to have a backing of a much higher intelegance and power then man can ever dream of.
    My faith will never be in a man or any government that he can formulate as history has proved that.
    And my faith knows that one day, just as his son demonstrated to us, that all death, starvation, sickness, and want will be done away with and that is something that man can never achive no matter how hard science trys.
    If I had to rely on imperfect humans with the brain power of a flea compaired to God's to save mankind...well, you get the picture.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 02:26
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Only an idiot would claim that it's all a matter of faith... without recognizing the reality of his own faith position. Where one puts one confidence, that is one's faith. Period, over and out.
    Confidence can be based on reason.

The belief in the existence of God is strictly a matter of faith.

Since you are unable to accept this fact, you project your own deficiency on others.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 05:42
    Intellectual attempts are more or less failures, as a rational explanation cannot give you the faith in a living God.
    I would have you brush aside all rational explanations and begin with a simple childlike faith in God.
    In order to do so, you have to unlearn a lot of literature that dazzles your intelligence and throws you off your feet.

Essentially, self delusion is the only way to believe in the irrational.

Passing it off as achieving knowledge of something real however is an error.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree