1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 17:52
    Originally posted by lausey
    It is funny with you trying to be patronising about something which you do understand yourself. I know what most evolutionists believe, but you clearly don't. Ape does not come just before man, because humans ARE apes. More specifically part of the Hominidae family (great apes), which also include chimpanzees, gorillas, humans and orangutans. If you are talki ...[text shortened]... onducted on a regular basis will not even work if evolution by natural selection was incorrect.
    Did you really mean Humans are apes. You must have seen one
    too many of those Planet of the Apes movies. Apes are those
    creatures we keep behind the barriers in the Zoo along with lions
    and tigers. I don't think we would be allowed by law to keep our
    ancestors locked up like that in todays world. So I am sure they
    are not our relatives.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 18:001 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Please back up that claim with modern scientific reference.

[b]given that there are over 100 million catalogued and extant fossils, how do you account for this scarcity,

Please back up that claim with statistics. How many species exist on earth today?
    How many species are represented in the fossil record to date?
    On average, how many fossils h ...[text shortened]... tween the 'races' of man or rather the most recent common ancestor is around 80,000 years ago.[/b]
    There is no such evidence that man or ape existed on earth 8 million
    years ago. Are you sure you don't mean about 8 thousand years ago?
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 18:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Did you really mean Humans are apes. You must have seen one
    too many of those Planet of the Apes movies. Apes are those
    creatures we keep behind the barriers in the Zoo along with lions
    and tigers. I don't think we would be allowed by law to keep our
    ancestors locked up like that in todays world. So I am sure they
    are not our relatives.
    Then before you even begin to understand evolution, you need to understand basic biology.

Seems like you are saying, "There is no way I am related to those hairy stinking apes!"

Too afraid to accept the truth.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 21:14
    Did you really mean Humans are apes.
    It is true by definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape
    An ape is any member of the biological superfamily Hominoidea (hominoids).
    There are two families of hominoids:
    Hylobatidae consists of four genera and sixteen species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon and the siamang, collectively known as the lesser apes.
    Hominidae consists of chimpanzees, gorillas, humans and orangutans collectively known as the great apes.

Don't like it? Then when you use the word 'ape' just make sure you let us know you are using a non-standard definition of your own making. (just like you do with the word 'evolution'😉.

I don't think we would be allowed by law to keep our ancestors locked up like that in todays world. So I am sure they are not our relatives.
    You mixed up 'ancestors' and 'relatives' there. But that's besides the point, the law makers include a significant proportion of people who do believe other apes (and all other life for that matter) are our relatives and yet still create laws that allow us to keep them locked up. Or do you believe God would step in an change an unjust law?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 21:17
    There is no such evidence that man or ape existed on earth 8 million
    years ago. Are you sure you don't mean about 8 thousand years ago?
    You mean that there is no evidence that you accept. Yes, I meant 8 million years ago. I got it off Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 21:561 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Quick capsule answers -

1. Very rarely.

2. Very unlikely.
    Well, I guess all I can say is "Good luck". I've seen this movie too many times.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 00:542 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    First point - there are numerous sites around the world that have been inhabited longer than your 4,000 year fairy tale would lead us to believe.

Settlements in the Barada basin near Damascus have been dated to 9000 BC. The walls of Jericho have been dated to nearly 7000 BC. Byblos in Lebanon has settlements dated to 7000 BC. And on and on..................

The rest will have to wait.
    so lets say within ten thousand years, so here you are stating that there were humans around for eighty thousand years , but that evidence of civilisation for a mere 9,000 how very odd, and on what basis are you dates ascertained? i sure hope its not carbon dating, for one is aware of how inaccurate that can be. indeed one can find many references stating that the earliest known civilisation were a mere 4000 year old, here is one, just by way of example.

http://www.blurtit.com/q600671.html
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 01:14
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Well, I guess all I can say is "Good luck". I've seen this movie too many times.
    (Proverbs 26:12) . . .Have you seen a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for the stupid one than for him. . .
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 01:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (Proverbs 26:12) . . .Have you seen a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for the stupid one than for him. . .
    Sounds like it was tailor made for you.
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 02:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Sounds like it was tailor made for you.
    zing
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 04:211 edit
    You mean that there is no evidence that you accept. Yes, I meant 8 million years ago. I got it off Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
    Wikipedia is simply stating what the evolutionists think about
    humans evolving. Wikipedia is a good source to find out what
    evolutionist really believe. I am glad you pointed this out to
    me. Because now I know for sure I was right on what evolution
    is. It is not simply a change over time as some have stated.
    This is one of the reasons I say evolution is wrong and untrue.
    Mankind is unique and made in the image of God. He did not
    evolve into the image of God from an ape. Even though the
    wikipedia article gives the true ideas of what the evolutionist
    believe, their beliefs are in error. This will be proved in the
    future as more knowledge is revealed.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 05:321 edit
    Because now I know for sure I was right on what evolution
    is. It is not simply a change over time as some have stated.
    Why are you so desperate to lie to yourself about the meaning of the word 'evolution'. I already gave you the definition from Wikipedia. Where do you get the idea that it means something else? The page on human evolution does not use any other definition than 'change over time'.
    The web page could just as easily have been called "human change over time".
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 07:46
    Why are you so desperate to lie to yourself about the meaning of the word 'evolution'. I already gave you the definition from Wikipedia. Where do you get the idea that it means something else? The page on human evolution does not use any other definition than 'change over time'.
    The web page could just as easily have been called "human change over time".
    This website gives examples of what evolution means in relation
    to the apes and humans. If you say it is just change over time
    then you are the one who is desperate to lie to yourself about its
    meaning. Apes do not mate with Humans because they are not
    the same "kind".
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 08:151 edit
    This website gives examples of what evolution means in relation to the apes and humans.
    The word 'evolution' means 'the change of species over time'. Nothing more, nothing less.

Most scientists believe that humans evolved from from a common ancestor with other apes. ie most scientists believe that a common ancestor of apes changed over time and became the various species of ape present today - which includes humans.

Apes do not mate with Humans because they are not the same "kind".
    Humans are apes. I know you know this because you have been told before and even been given references so you can go an look it up for yourself. If you don't like the way the word is defined then please give your own definition before using it and state that you are using your own definition - otherwise we simply cannot communicate.

But your hangups over words are a bit odd. What store do you put in words? Why is it so important to you that a word be defined one way and not another?
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 08:15
    This website gives examples of what evolution means in relation
    to the apes and humans. If you say it is just change over time
    then you are the one who is desperate to lie to yourself about its
    meaning. Apes do not mate with Humans because they are not
    the same "kind".
    If you put a bunch of humans on an island completely separate from other humans. Provide them all the resources and they were only to mate amongst themselves, eventually they will change (adapt to their environment). After enough generations they would only find people on the island attractive and will not mate with anyone else. After further generations, there will be too much genetic difference for them to be able to reproduce with humans outside that island, effectively making them a different species.

This is artificial speciation and has already been proven with other species. One example being with fruit flies (http://www.jstor.org/pss/2409365).

You have natural speciation when you have species split off due to environmental conditions (e.g. a natural barrier like a river) stopping two groups being able to mate, causing a genetic drift.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree