Ps 115:17
    The dead do not praise the Lord,
    Nor any who go down into silence.
    NKJV

Ps 6:5
    For in death there is no remembrance of You;
    In the grave who will give You thanks?
    NKJV

Dead is dead, no thoughts, no pain, no nothing. When the Lord returns, well now, that is another matter.
    You are correct.(Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all,
    So they are not basking in heaven nor are they burning in hell. They are just dead awaiting the ressurection.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 14:402 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    They are just dead awaiting the ressurection.

Consistent with your own interpretation they are non-existent and therefore are not "awaiting" anything. Right ?
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 04:22
    Originally posted by sonship
    They are just dead awaiting the ressurection.

Consistent with your own interpretation they are non-existent and therefore are not "awaiting" anything. Right ?
    Since most members of Christendom have been led to believe they are going to die and got to Heaven/hell, The hope of the resurrection back to life on Earth has been obscured.
    Jehovah God created the Earth to be inhabited by mankind.
    Sin brought death.
    Jesus ransom bought the possibility of life again.
    Jesus taught this (John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.
    Jesus also demonstrated that resurrection (John 11:11-14) After he said these things, he added: “Laz′a·rus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him.” 12 The disciples then said to him: “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get well.” 13 Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. 14 Then Jesus said to them plainly: “Laz′a·rus has died,
    (John 11:41-44) So they took the stone away. Then Jesus raised his eyes heavenward and said: “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 True, I knew that you always hear me; but I spoke on account of the crowd standing around, so that they may believe that you sent me.” 43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice: “Laz′a·rus, come out!” 44 The man who had been dead came out with his feet and hands bound with wrappings, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them: “Free him and let him go.”
    Lazarus died again but we have the hope of living on Earth forever and never dying.
    (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
    Heaven is no doubt a beautiful place as our Heavenly Father and His Son Christ Jesus live there. All who know of that would love to go there but the Bible says not that all will go there but rather (Revelation 21:3) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.
    We are all awaiting that wonderful time.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 11:13

We are all awaiting that wonderful time.
    Frightening stuff if any of you freaks is in a position of power!
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 03:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Frightening stuff if any of you freaks is in a position of power!
    I like the description given at (Isaiah 2:4) He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.
    It sounds like the solution we need for all the problems the world has.
    Does it seem frightening to live in a world of peace and true justice?
    The Bible says man was not created to rule over himself. (Jeremiah 10:23) I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.
    We need Jehovah God's Kingdom through His Son Christ Jesus to set things straight.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 03:571 edit
    Since most members of Christendom have been led to believe they are going to die and got to Heaven/hell, The hope of the resurrection back to life on Earth has been obscured.

That is true.
    If you notice that I have never written about "going to heaven" in its typical popular sense, in this Forum.

Jehovah God created the Earth to be inhabited by mankind.

That's right.
    You see sometimes some truth mixed with error is the hardest to overcome. What you say here has nothing to do with denying that Jesus Christ is God come as a man to be Lord and Savior.

And Jehovah's Witnesses hate that truth with a passion.

Sin brought death.
    Jesus ransom bought the possibility of life again.
    Jesus taught this (John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.
    Jesus also demonstrated that resurrection (John 11:11-14) After he said these things, he added: “Laz′a·rus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him.” 12 The disciples then said to him: “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get well.” 13 Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep.

The account of Lazarus in John 11 has a point entirely different from what goes on in the realm of Hades.

The fact that it has NO immediate focus on THAT matter, does not argue that OTHER portions of the Bible do not reveal some things about Hades.

The passage passages in Luke 16 have a different FOCUS of those in John 11. And believing ONE does not cause us to have to SUPPRESS the teaching of the OTHER.

I reserve the right to believe ALL that the Bible teaches about death and resurrection.

I enjoy your quotation of the other passages and you comments. But they do not mean physical death or the "sleep" of death (from the standpoint of those left physically alive) means non-existence in oblivion.

But that "going to heaven" and unclarity concerning the recovery of the earth are rampant in degraded Christianity, you will get no argument from me on that. It is true.

But you are conversing with one Christian who knows better now.
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 18:53
    Originally posted by sonship

That is true.
    If you notice that I have never written about "going to heaven" in its typical popular sense, in this Forum.

[quote]
    Jehovah God created the E ...[text shortened]... om me on that. It is true.

But you are conversing with one Christian who knows better now.
    Bravo! I just want to encourage you to keep reading and studying the Bible.
    God Himself gives understanding.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 20:151 edit
    Bravo! I just want to encourage you to keep reading and studying the Bible.
    God Himself gives understanding.
    God does indeed give understanding. And teaching and fellowship of those who have gone before with previous experience are also very important.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree