1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 14:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if i must take a guise from the ancient Greeks i prefer Icarus for I am often times overcome with the sheer wonderment of life like the unfortunate son of Daedalus.I do not subscribe to the view that it was over ambition which propelled him either too close to the sea or too high to the sun, simply the wonderful experience of flying and the rejection of well meaning advice.
    your more of a sisyphus than an icarus.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 15:54
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    pick your own guise!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 18:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 18:48
    You need to lighten up sour puss.
    Like you?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 19:151 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    No labyrinth for me! I need to feel the soft summer breeze caress my nether regions whilst skinny dipping in some loch hidden far in the Scottish mountains 😀

If you were to take a guise from the ancient gallery who would it be?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 19:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Like you?
    like a not so sour puss.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 19:25
    If one believes Homer, Sisyphus was the wisest and most prudent of mortals. According to another tradition, however, he was disposed to practice the profession of highwayman.

Yee'haw!

http://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/hell/camus.html
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 19:50
    If one believes Homer, Sisyphus was the wisest and most prudent of mortals. According to another tradition, however, he was disposed to practice the profession of highwayman.

Yee'haw!

"The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor."

Feels that way some days! 😉
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 20:02

Yee'haw!

i was thinking of a man who's hubris and arrogance results in him ceaselessly perusing a pointless objective.....that and the fact you are a big sissy.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 21:033 edits
    i was thinking of a man who's hubris and arrogance results in him ceaselessly perusing a pointless objective.....that and the fact you are a big sissy.
    what you were thinking has relevance only to you and your room full of mirrors. Wisest and most prudent is what the text read, if Homer is to be believed.

As for you, what have you done since your birth on the planet that it may be considered meaningful? What great pyramid have you constructed that I may bow before this megalith to your greatness? Please point me in its direction.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 21:271 edit
    what you were thinking has relevance only to you and your room full of mirrors. Wisest and most prudent is what the text read, if Homer is to be believed.

As for you, what have you done since your birth on the planet that it may be considered meaningful? What great pyramid have you constructed that I may bow before this megalith to your greatness? Please point me in its direction.
    oh dear, did i hurt your feelings?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 21:311 edit
    oh dear, did i hurt your feelings?
    No not at all. My sense of justice simply likes to see what happens when the measure that you have measured out to me is applied to you.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 21:42
    No not at all. My sense of justice simply likes to see what happens when the measure that you have measured out to me is applied to you.
    sounds like you are bit upset...... listen, i dont like to see a grown man cry on his keyboard, i apologise if ive touched a nerve.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 21:553 edits
    sounds like you are bit upset...... listen, i dont like to see a grown man cry on his keyboard, i apologise if ive touched a nerve.
    So you cannot point me in any direction and your life is also simply a vanity - thank you. Its a pity you were not man enough to admit it.

As an existentialist I search for meaning despite the vanity. I want there to be meaning and I want to act in a meaningful way. If all you have to contribute is some kind of soap opera dramatics then perhaps its more meaningful to simply disengage from you. Would that constitute a meaningful act. It certainly might.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 22:21
    So you cannot point me in any direction and your life is also simply a vanity - thank you. Its a pity you were not man enough to admit it.

As an existentialist I search for meaning despite the vanity. I want there to be meaning and I want to act in a meaningful way. If all you have to contribute is some kind of soap opera dramatics then perhap ...[text shortened]... ngful to simply disengage from you. Would that constitute a meaningful act. It certainly might.
    whooaaa....lashing out again .....followed by some ego massaging to reassure yourself. do you know there are pills you can take to help with that narcissistic, histrionic personality disorder or yours?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree