1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 22:43
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    whooaaa....lashing out again .....followed by some ego massaging to reassure yourself. do you know there are pills you can take to help with that narcissistic, histrionic personality disorder or yours?
    adiós
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 22:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    adiós
    bingo!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 23:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 14:13
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Is it really possible to imagine Sisyphus happy? does acknowledgement of his fate really produce a sense of contentedness? Is it simply a matter of perspective?

I was reading something yesterday, not dissimilar, that moment of realisation that one may have standing upon a mountain precipice, that nothing holds one back from jumping. Its not the fear of pain or death, but the realisation of having pure freedom, to be ultimately responsible for ones own life and actions. That moment of realisation that's its just us as an individual facing the vastness of the cosmos.
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 14:36
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    bingo!
    house
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 17:38
    Is it really possible to imagine Sisyphus happy? does acknowledgement of his fate really produce a sense of contentedness? Is it simply a matter of perspective?

I was reading something yesterday, not dissimilar, that moment of realisation that one may have standing upon a mountain precipice, that nothing holds one back from jumping. Its not the f ...[text shortened]... hat moment of realisation that's its just us as an individual facing the vastness of the cosmos.
    have you ever stood 'upon a mountain precipice'?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 20:521 edit

8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 21:01
    As an existentialist I search for meaning despite the vanity. I want there to be meaning and I want to act in a meaningful way.
    You exist, therefore you are right.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 21:501 edit
    I somehow get the impression that the ancient Greeks thought ladies not a little carnal. But yes I am afraid it was a very brutal existence in them days for ladies, especially in war, in fact so called heroes like Beowulf made a career of killing enemies and deflowering maidens.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 22:061 edit

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 22:14
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Saying that was not one of the taunts of the Persians against the Greeks that they were willing to go to war on behalf of 'a mere woman'? perhaps a reference of course to the mythical Helen of Troy.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 22:24

13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 23:16
    So a serious question: How serious is this threads title? A fair bit of tounge in cheek, or straight up?

Cause I read the title then check your responses and it seems you were just bored and wanted to pick a few fights for the night when starting this thread, rather than having anything noteworthy to say about Divinity.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 12:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So a serious question: How serious is this threads title? A fair bit of tounge in cheek, or straight up?

Cause I read the title then check your responses and it seems you were just bored and wanted to pick a few fights for the night when starting this thread, rather than having anything noteworthy to say about Divinity.
    Your posts are a reflection of you and mine are a reflection of me. You should be content with that.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 13:00
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Cause I read the title then check your responses and it seems you were just bored and wanted to pick a few fights for the night when starting this thread...
    robbie could start a fight in a phone booth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree