1. St. Peter's
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 21:06
    There is one gospel and one truth...Jesus is Lord! hang all the rest...
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 21:36
    Originally posted by Doward
    I agree with that. The doctrine and commandments of Christ is the one gospel and one truth.

Many sects have significantly changed what Christ said and have termed their own doctrine "truth". And worse is that they claim that their version of the 'truth' is the only acceptable one.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 01:37
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I agree with that. The doctrine and commandments of Christ is the one gospel and one truth.

Many sects have significantly changed what Christ said and have termed their own doctrine "truth". And worse is that they claim that their version of the 'truth' is the only acceptable one.
    I guess we pretty much took care of this topic. There does not
    appear to be anyone to debat, since we seem to be in agreement.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 12:09
    Paul said that he preached as the gospel "the unsearchable riches of Christ".

I like this because is shows how extensive, vast, and all-inclusive is this gospel. It includes Christ not just in one aspect but in all of His aspect.

That is Christ is an unsearchably rich Savior, a exhaustless teasure of a Person.

"To me, less than the least of all saints, was this grace given to announce to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel." (Ephesians 3:8)
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 12:17
    And worse is that they claim that their version of the 'truth' is the only acceptable one.
    But that's exactly what you are doing.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 12:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But that's exactly what you are doing.
    I will repeat what I said ..

The doctrine and commandments of Christ is the one gospel and one truth. Many sects have significantly changed what Christ said and have termed their own doctrine "truth". And worse is that they claim that their version of the 'truth' is the only acceptable one.

You said "..that's exactly what you are doing"

Where have I changed what Christ said and call my version of what Christ said is the truth?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 12:41
    Where have I changed what Christ said and call my version of what Christ said is the truth?
    You are claiming that what you believe Christ said is the truth. That is your version of the 'truth' and you are claiming it is the only acceptable one.

You do not need to change what Christ said in order for that to be the case.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 13:171 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I guess we pretty much took care of this topic. There does not
    appear to be anyone to debat, since we seem to be in agreement.
    You can debat the issue all day long, there are billions of other people in other so-called religions that would debat the issue. Are you talking about killing those flying rodents?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You are claiming that what you believe Christ said is the truth. That is your version of the 'truth' and you are claiming it is the only acceptable one.

You do not need to change what Christ said in order for that to be the case.
    I know what the problem is. Followers of Christ speak a different language from atheists. Maybe you should shy away from posting on threads which clearly have a Christian topic. This thread is 'One Gospel'... clearly of Christian orientation.

Christians are by definition 'Followers of Christ'. By definition again the doctrine of of Christ represents the truth for them. This is not by guess, but rather it is a commandment of Christ that we folllow His teachings and accept that His teachings as'truth'. We are even commanded to accept his teachings as a child would accept what a parent says ie without questioning or arguing.

There are Christian sects which have changed what Christ said and have instead called that 'truth' and this is contrary to what Christ commanded. Therefore the only acceptable truth from a Christian standpoint is the teachings of Christ.

If you cannot find an instance where I changed what Christ said then you dont have a point.
  10. England
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 18:05
    one gospel??? which one...... i know of many ,.....one truth is true..... but hang the rest your gospels are not any ive read.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 18:50
    There are four gospels. And this may come as a shock to you, but they don't all say the same thing. They each have their own distinct point of view which frequently contradicts that of the other gospels.

Actually there were more gospels than that, but only four eventually managed to make it into the bible.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 21:05
    Maybe you should shy away from posting on threads which clearly have a Christian topic.
    Can't take criticism on your own turf? OK, got it.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 02:07
    I know what the problem is. Followers of Christ speak a different language from atheists. Maybe you should shy away from posting on threads which clearly have a Christian topic. This thread is 'One Gospel'... clearly of Christian orientation.

Christians are by definition 'Followers of Christ'. By definition again the doctrine of of Christ represents the t ...[text shortened]... you cannot find an instance where I changed what Christ said then you dont have a point.
    Plus the Holy Spirit.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 02:25
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There are four gospels. And this may come as a shock to you, but they don't all say the same thing. They each have their own distinct point of view which frequently contradicts that of the other gospels.

Actually there were more gospels than that, but only four eventually managed to make it into the bible.
    There are 4 points of view, but there is no contradictions. It is your
    understanding of what is being said and not said that makes you
    think there are contradictions. These writers are telling the story
    of Jesus as they remember and emphasizing what they feel is
    important. Just because one person mentions something and
    another one does not is no reason to say there is a contradiction.
    When we read and compare the 4 gospel accounts we can get
    a more detailed picture of what happened by putting the information
    together. You must realize that each writer is not giving every detail
    of every incident in the exact order. This is why so many people
    believe the Holy Bible teaches that Jesus was put in the tomb on
    Friday evening and arose on Sunday morning. They don't consider
    everything carefully in each Gospel to put the information together
    to see the truth.
  15. St. Peter's
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 09:351 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett

all four books lead to the same truth...Jesus is Lord. Gospel means truth. Each of the "gospels" are entitled the gospel "according to"; it is a point of view, but that point of view still culminates in the truth that for Christians Jesus is Lord.

There is no contradiction...weak attempt at engaging in a Christian dialogue

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree