1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 13:55
    Originally posted by Doward
    all four [b]books lead to the same truth...Jesus is Lord. Gospel means truth. Each of the "gospels" are entitled the gospel "according to"; it is a point of view, but that point of view still culminates in the truth that for Christians Jesus is Lord.

There is no contradiction...weak attempt at engaging in a Christian dialogue[/b]
    You are right. Had there been 100% verbatim repetition the unbeliever would suspect colussion, conspiracy.

If there is minor descrepancies the unblievers holds out a hope that contradiction will yield the message unworthy of serious attention.

But that Jesus is alive, unusual and can be known, is good news.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 15:40
    all four [b]books lead to the same truth...Jesus is Lord. Gospel means truth. Each of the "gospels" are entitled the gospel "according to"; it is a point of view, but that point of view still culminates in the truth that for Christians Jesus is Lord.

There is no contradiction...weak attempt at engaging in a Christian dialogue[/b]
    This raises in my mind a question about creeds, which I will ask in a new post.
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 16:24
    There is one gospel and one truth...Jesus is Lord! hang all the rest...
    There is only one race that has it all together and hang all the others. See how stupid that sounds ? This is why the Christians have a bigoted attitude towards those are not like them. This is why millions of people find the Christain faith an abomination. I know I do.
  4. St. Peter's
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 20:49
    Originally posted by buckky
    There is only one race that has it all together and hang all the others. See how stupid that sounds ? This is why the Christians have a bigoted attitude towards those are not like them. This is why millions of people find the Christain faith an abomination. I know I do.
    There is only one race that has it all together and hang all the others.

There is only one race...the human race. Christianity doesn't care about the color of skin.

Yet another ill thought out point of view. You fail to understand what it means to have Jesus as Lord, so you fail to understand what it means to be a Christian, so you fail (miserably) at attcking this thread...weak...
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 20:59
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There are four gospels. And this may come as a shock to you, but they don't all say the same thing. They each have their own distinct point of view which frequently contradicts that of the other gospels.

Actually there were more gospels than that, but only four eventually managed to make it into the bible.
    I'm waiting for the Book of Palin to be added to the canon.
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 21:01
    Gospel means truth.
    So does Pravda.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 22:27
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    So does Pravda.
    What is "good news" in Russian.
  8. St. Peter's
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 11:38
    So does Pravda.
    interesting, I didn't know that. So what relevance does that have on the discussion?
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 15:42
    interesting, I didn't know that. So what relevance does that have on the discussion?
    "Pravda" was the official newspaper of the Communist Party of the U.S.S.R. The upshot is just this: Simply saying something is so doesn't make it so. The Bible is Christianity's "Pravda," and a lot of what it says should be taken with a boulder of salt.
  10. St. Peter's
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 20:12
    "Pravda" was the official newspaper of the Communist Party of the U.S.S.R. The upshot is just this: Simply saying something is so doesn't make it so. The Bible is Christianity's "Pravda," and a lot of what it says should be taken with a boulder of salt.
    The difference my friend is that one is has the intent of framing political debate, the other was simply believers who were attempting to keep an accurate account of the life of Christ.

Luke 1
    Luke’s purpose
    1 Many people have already applied themselves to the task of compiling an account of the events that have been fulfilled among us. 2 They used what the original eyewitnesses and servants of the word handed down to us. 3 Now, after having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, I have also decided to write a carefully ordered account for you, most noble Theophilus. 4 I want you to have confidence in the soundness of the instruction you have received. (CEB translation) i hope the difference is not lost on you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree