One persons good may be another persons evil

One persons good may be another persons evil

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
[B]One persons good may be another persons evil.[/b]

I would like to address this statement specifically from the CHICKEN POT PIE thread.

If one person's good is another person's evil, how can anyone put a definition on these terms? If you cannot put a definition on these terms, how do you define God and Satan, who are supposed to be the ideals of Good and Evil?

By that statement, God takes a different shape and purpose for every single person on the planet.

With that, how then, can any single religion claim to be right about their view of God?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
how do you define God and Satan, who are supposed to be the ideals of Good and Evil?
Your premise is wrong, therefore your conclusion will be wrong as well. The current system of "good and evil" is Satan's policy for the world, not God's desire.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
27 Mar 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
[b]how do you define God and Satan, who are supposed to be the ideals of Good and Evil?
Your premise is wrong, therefore your conclusion will be wrong as well. The current system of "good and evil" is Satan's policy for the world, not God's desire.[/b]
So you are saying that God is not all that is Good?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Mar 06

So you are saying that God is not all that is Good?
I wasn't addressing the intrinsic value of God's goodness, I was addressing the disntinction between the two systems. One is "good and evil," whereas God's system was rejected by man.

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
27 Mar 06

[b]how do you define God and Satan, who are supposed to be the ideals of Good and Evil?
Your premise is wrong, therefore your conclusion will be wrong as well. The current system of "good and evil" is Satan's policy for the world, not God's desire.[/b]
God+o=Good

Evil+D=Devil

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
27 Mar 06

The statement was made in these current times, after the "rejection" of God's system. The question I ask is still a valid one.

If God defines what is good and Satan defines what is evil and everyone definition of these is different.....

Who is to say which is the correct way?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Mar 06

The statement was made in these current times, after the "rejection" of God's system. The question I ask is still a valid one.

If God defines what is good and Satan defines what is evil and everyone definition of these is different.....

Who is to say which is the correct way?
The very definition of reality is determined by the person who created reality, therefore, in this case, our reality is defined by God. Satan no more defines evil than he does himself. While he offered a system in opposition to God's, it was akin to man making a house out of trees.

l

London

Moves
28 Mar 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
[B]One persons good may be another persons evil.

I would like to address this statement specifically from the CHICKEN POT PIE thread.

If one person's good is another person's evil, how can anyone put a definition on these terms? If you cannot put a definition on these terms, how do you define God and Satan, ...[text shortened]... et.

With that, how then, can any single religion claim to be right about their view of God?[/b]
It's much worse than that.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
29 Mar 06

The very definition of reality is determined by the person who created reality, therefore, in this case, our reality is defined by God. Satan no more defines evil than he does himself. While he offered a system in opposition to God's, it was akin to man making a house out of trees.
First, your reality is defined by God. Mine is not. I have a different belief.
Second - you are evading the question. Christians have defined God and all that is good and Satan as all that is Evil. That is a Christian definition, not a worldly one, not mine, not some alien from another planet. Since CHRISTIANS have defined them as such and it is very clear that each individual person's definition of what is good and what is evil differs...does that not make God and Satan different for each person? Step-by-step logic shows that this is the case.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
29 Mar 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
It's much worse than that.
How so do you mean it is much worse? Please elaborate.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Mar 06

First, your reality is defined by God. Mine is not. I have a different belief.
Second - you are evading the question. . Since CHRISTIANS have defined them as such and it is very clear that each individual person's definition of what is good and what is evil differs...does that not make God and Satan different for each person? Step-by-step logic shows that this is the case.
Christians have defined God and all that is good and Satan as all that is Evil.
Bubble bursting time, I'm afraid. While I do not doubt that you have heard a Christian or two spouting off such nonsense, I submit for your consideration that said Christians would have difficulty discerning between chicken salad and chicken sh!t.

That is a Christian definition, not a worldly one, not mine, not some alien from another planet.
You'll have to support such a position, as it is clearly not a biblical definition.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
29 Mar 06

[b]Christians have defined God and all that is good and Satan as all that is Evil.
Bubble bursting time, I'm afraid. While I do not doubt that you have heard a Christian or two spouting off such nonsense, I submit for your consideration that said Christians would have difficulty discerning between chicken salad and chicken sh!t.

That is a Chris ...[text shortened]... b]
You'll have to support such a position, as it is clearly not a biblical definition.
It comes from every Christian I have ever discussed religion with face to face. I was very heavy into religious and philosophical research when I was in college and had discussions with hundreds, if not thousands of Christians about many topics.

You, of course, are welcome to insult and slam your fellows as much as you wish.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Mar 06

It comes from every Christian I have ever discussed religion with face to face. I was very heavy into religious and philosophical research when I was in college and had discussions with hundreds, if not thousands of Christians about many topics.

You, of course, are welcome to insult and slam your fellows as much as you wish.
As I said previously: you are being called upon to support your claim.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
29 Mar 06

As I said previously: you are being called upon to support your claim.
So you are wanting me to go back and give you the names and numbers of all of the people that I spoke to some 15 years ago in college?

I have to say that your pretentiousness is almost as bad as no1marauder's. Wow...impressive feat.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Mar 06
1 edit

So you are wanting me to go back and give you the names and numbers of all of the people that I spoke to some 15 years ago in college?

I have to say that your pretentiousness is almost as bad as no1marauder's. Wow...impressive feat.
No, I do not want the names of the ill-informed folks of your past. I am saying that your stated premise is not supported biblically.