1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 04:33
    Does the 'liberation' and 'empowerment' ~ that the online disinhibition effect provides ~ enhance or detract from the spiritual or philosophical characteristics that people seek to project and offer up for scrutiny?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 05:03
    @fmf said
    Does the 'liberation' and 'empowerment' ~ that the online disinhibition effect provides ~ enhance or detract from the spiritual or philosophical characteristics that people seek to project and offer up for scrutiny?
    I actually find I’m more shy online than I am in real life. I consider myself kind of a wallflower online who’s very sensitive about not stepping on toes and upsetting people.
  3. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 07:56
    @fmf said
    I don't think liberation and empowerment have any effect on peoples spiritual or philosophical characteristics.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 08:02
    @mchill said
    I don't think liberation and empowerment have any effect on peoples spiritual or philosophical characteristics.
    Well, that isn't really what the question is getting at.

Or you're inadvertently rinsing away its nuance.

The question is about what people seek to project and offer up for scrutiny ~ whether that is affected ~ rather than simply what their spiritual or philosophical characteristics are.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 07:53
    @pb1022 said
    I actually find I’m more shy online than I am in real life.
    How shy are you in real life?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 08:12
    @divegeester said
    How shy are you in real life?
    Wouldn’t you like to know, sailor.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 08:241 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 16:16

Removed by poster

9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 09:45
    @pb1022 said
    Wouldn’t you like to know, sailor.
    If you can write your reply in such a way that it doesn’t get removed by the forum moderator (as the one above did), then yes I’d like to explore your claim that your are more shy online than your are in real life.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 10:26
    @divegeester said
    If you can write your reply in such a way that it doesn’t get removed by the forum moderator (as the one above did), then yes I’d like to explore your claim that your are more shy online than your are in real life.
    Looking for trolling material?

Try not to be so obvious.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 10:32
    @pb1022 said
    I actually find I’m more shy online than I am in real life. I consider myself kind of a wallflower online who’s very sensitive about not stepping on toes and upsetting people.
    Do you think the time you - or your disinhibited persona - spend on this forum helps "save" anyone?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 10:37
    @fmf said
    Do you think the time you - or your disinhibited persona - spend on this forum helps "save" anyone?
    I’m not on here to save anyone. I’m on here to play chess and entertain myself with stimulating conversation and argumentation.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 10:421 edit
    @pb1022 said
    I’m not on here to save anyone. I’m on here to play chess and entertain myself with stimulating conversation and argumentation.
    But haven't you declared yourself to be trying to spread the "good news" of the New Testament and tell people about "salvation" etc.?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 10:53
    @fmf said
    But haven't you declared yourself to be trying to spread the "good news" of the New Testament and tell people about "salvation" etc.?
    Not interested in being your trolling target tonight. Maybe KallyKay will accommodate you, though you seem to be wearing out your welcome with him too.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 10:55
    @pb1022 said
    Not interested in being your trolling target tonight.
    But it's a reasonable on-topic question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree