1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 05:36
    hehe. foolish adam and eve. they should have eaten from the tree of life before eating from the tree of knowledge. had they done so in that order, they would have been like god. but alas. wrong order.

strange story, sure. but stranger still is that there are a lot of people who think this actually happened rather than it being an allegorical story.

it's also a revelation of early biblegod's neurosis, before it developed into a full fledged insanity later on in the narrative of the bible.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 06:21
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I'd much rather put up with the vanishingly small chance I'll be crapping my pants when Jesus supposedly returns, than the ongoing crapping of pants on the part of fundamentalists who think they or their friends are destined for some big old lake of fire way down below if they don't watch their 'p's and 'q's with "G"od.

Seriously, I'm not going to elevate t ...[text shortened]... dden]than I do with the Bible stories you folks have swallowed with a dopey smile.
    You are free to believe or not to believe. The decision is entirely up to you. If it makes you feel wiser to believe in the evolution fairy tale, then have at it and leave us Christians alone. Go pedal your false teachings on the science forum and perhaps they will appreciate it. 😏
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 18:272 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are free to believe or not to believe. The decision is entirely up to you. If it makes you feel wiser to believe in the evolution fairy tale, then have at it and leave us Christians alone. Go pedal your false teachings on the science forum and perhaps they will appreciate it. 😏
    See, many fundamentalist Christians think that evolution is a fairy tale - I mean, how many monkeys do we see giving birth to humans!? But that got me thinking...Why do people believe sex is required for creating babies? - I mean, how often do we see sperm instamagically turn into humans (or half-humans considering they think an egg is involved too)!??? Oh and don't give me any claptrap about 9 months and such ... there is no way that something so tiny as a sperm (and a tiny little egg) could suddenly become a fully functioning human being at any point during that 9 months - humans are way to complex.!!! Indeed why can't we return to the stork theory of babies?

The stuff people believe is absolutely bonkers!
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 20:491 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Wasn't there an Original Sin thread recently? I can't find it.

Doesn't matter, I have a message and am curious if anyone (Christian or Non) agrees.

The bible teaches us that Adam and Eve committed a cosmic sin, and in doing so, ushered in a great curse from God. Because of this sin, Adam and Eve became cursed individuals.

It just follows that any lly. The doctrine of original sin merely supports this same logical conclusion.
    Wow, that has to be one of the worst arguments I have ever seen in this forum. And that's saying something. You need to lay off the drugs, capisce?

This is kind of a no-brainer, but science and evolutionary theory have nothing to say on the matter of how vague, nebulous supernatural "curses" supposedly get transmitted down the generations. Did you forget that such areas of inquiry do not recognize such things as supernatural curses in the first place? So, even if you stipulate that every molecule of Adam and Eve were so cursed (whatever that is supposed to mean); no, it doesn't naturally follow that this should flow down the generations. I find it beyond funny that you would even try to suggest that the natural sciences dictate how supernatural curses are supposed to work. Hilarious!

You also imply that one's being cursed actually consists in God's depriving that person from blessings He would otherwise bestow on them. Well, how is that supposed to be consistent with your account that the curse just resides in cell structure and gets passed on through DNA and whatnot? You should try to start making some sense. If the curse results from God's lifting His blessing off a person in direct response to their actions, then this is surely something that should NOT automatically or naturally get passed on down the generations. How would it make any sense to suggest that God naturally lifts His blessings off of future generations for the actions of those generations' forebears? 🙄
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 13:59
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Wow, that has to be one of the worst arguments I have ever seen in this forum. And that's saying something. You need to lay off the drugs, capisce?

This is kind of a no-brainer, but science and evolutionary theory have nothing to say on the matter of how vague, nebulous supernatural "curses" supposedly get transmitted down the generations. Did you f ...[text shortened]... lessings off of future generations for the actions of those generations' forebears? 🙄
    Jesus cursed the fig tree and it withered.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 20:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus cursed the fig tree and it withered.
    What a waste.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 02:51
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    What a waste.
    It wasn't producing fruit anyway. So no waste. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree