1. Joined
    09 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 05:05
    At some point in time, we came into being as the humanity that we know of but what do you believe is our creator? Was blind evolution in a physically restricted universe our source, or did a divine intelligence form us to be its material avatars? Were multiple beings involved in our creation or did consciousness spring up from the depths of a cold universe and willfully develop into the beings we find on the earth?

What do you believe was/is our ultimate creator? Im not asking for your ultimate God, Im asking you to describe what you believe created humanity. Please keep it short and sweet (within reason, we do want to at least get a good idea of what it/they are)
  2. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 05:101 edit
    Originally posted by N8Grandjam
    At some point in time, we came into being as the humanity that we know of but what do you believe is our creator? Was blind evolution in a physically restricted universe our source, or did a divine intelligence form us to be its material avatars? Were multiple beings involved in our creation or did consciousness spring up from the depths of a cold univers ...[text shortened]... p it short and sweet (within reason, we do want to at least get a good idea of what it/they are)
    Chemicals, selective pressure, and random events (which were selected for, so while the events were random, the entire process is not).

So I guess the ultimate creators are supernovae, as they are responsible for the chemicals.
  3. Joined
    09 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 07:04
    BUt what created the supernovas? Can something come from nothing?
  4. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 07:08
    BUt what created the supernovas? Can something come from nothing?
    You wanted me to sum up where life came from quickly. I can't do virtual particles, quantum foam, and primordial nucleosynthesis and maybe Hawking radiation in that short a form, at least not at 2AM. My response to something from nothing is yes, and then a breif explanation of virtual particles which I don't feel up to writing right now. Ask a physicist.
  5. CA, USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 08:25
    At some point in time, we came into being as the humanity that we know of but what do you believe is our creator? Was blind evolution in a physically restricted universe our source, or did a divine intelligence form us to be its material avatars? Were multiple beings involved in our creation or did consciousness spring up from the depths of a cold univers ...[text shortened]... p it short and sweet (within reason, we do want to at least get a good idea of what it/they are)
    You're an accident. Your life has no purpose other than self-gratification.

God is a myth.

Science will lead you to the ultimate truth, trust your fate to an edjumacated man.

The Bible is simply a book written by men and used to control people.
    If you believe it, you're stupid.

Origin of Species contains the REAL truth .. you were "created" by mistake when lightining hit a mudpuddle and fused a couple of thingys into a single-cell bigger thingy.
    Then you evolved into 2 cells; then 3 .. and so forth until finally ... Piltdowm Man ...
    and that proves it ... God is a myth, Science is the answer.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 08:33
    Originally posted by jammer
    You're an accident. Your life has no purpose other than self-gratification.

God is a myth.

Science will lead you to the ultimate truth, trust your fate to an edjumacated man.

The Bible is simply a book written by men and used to control people.
    If you believe it, you're stupid.

Origin of Species contains the REAL truth .. you were "created" by mi ...[text shortened]... l finally ... Piltdowm Man ...
    and that proves it ... God is a myth, Science is the answer.
    Don't your hands constantly hurt?
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 09:011 edit
    We haven't been created yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree