Pastafarianism

Pastafarianism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
07 Sep 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
I daresay you do not even know what the truth is.

You read Genesis, you ascribe acts to God, but you have no idea how on this green earth He actually did these things. You have your drawn conclusions, and you dare say that "This is the way God did it, and if you don't agree, then you're not a good Christian and in fact you're going to hell." As if you ...[text shortened]... port your 'limited God' nonsense, nor your poisoning the minds of children with it.
THANK YOU, Suzianne. I hate it when people think they know what God is.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
07 Sep 13

Originally posted by Tygert
“Every definition of God leads to heresy; definition is spiritual idolatry. Even attributing mind and will to God, even attributing divinity itself, and the name ‘God’—these, too, are definitions. Were it not for the subtle awareness that all these are just sparkling flashes of that which transcends definition—these, too, would engender heresy. ...

“The greatest impediment to the human spirit results from the fact that the conception of God is fixed in a particular form, due to childish habit and imagination. This is a spark of the defect of idolatry, of which we must always be aware. ...

“The infinite transcends every particular content of faith.”

—Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook (former Ashkenazic Chief Rabbi of Palestine)

e

Moves
08 Sep 13

Look at this hilarious parody religion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
yes very funny

but there is a tentacled monster / demon in Islam somewhere I think.

also risotto is better for your health!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
I daresay you do not even know what the truth is.

You read Genesis, you ascribe acts to God, but you have no idea how on this green earth He actually did these things. You have your drawn conclusions, and you dare say that "This is the way God did it, and if you don't agree, then you're not a good Christian and in fact you're going to hell." As if you port your 'limited God' nonsense, nor your poisoning the minds of children with it.
I do not limit God to doing things by the laws of science as you seem to have done. From my reading of scripture, it is clear to me that God created the physical universe, including the sun, moon, stars, and earth with its different kinds of life forms in six days. God also made the laws for his creations to obey. It obviously did not happen by evilution over billions of years as the atheists wish to believe.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Sep 13

We Christians only claim to know a fraction of what God is like by what He has revealed to us. The Jehovah's Witnesses claim our Trinitarian God of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit can't be understood and they wish to have a simple God that they can understand. So they make God in their own image that excludes the Son and the Holy Spirit as persons within the Godhead. We Christians declare it is a mystery of Godliness that has not been fully revealed and we believe by faith.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
We Christians only claim to know a fraction of what God is like by what He has revealed to us. The Jehovah's Witnesses claim our Trinitarian God of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit can't be understood and they wish to have a simple God that they can understand. So they make God in their own image that excludes the Son and the Holy Spirit as persons within the ...[text shortened]... stery of Godliness that has not been fully revealed and we believe by faith.

The Instructor
Which of course will never be revealed, one of the secrets of Christianity, since there is no Bible God.