Pastafarianism

Pastafarianism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
25 Aug 13

Look at this hilarious parody religion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by Tygert
"Parody" is an unfair slur popularised by the theist media!!!

😠

R

Moves
26 Aug 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
"Parody" is an unfair slur popularised by the theist media!!!

😠
I do not believe in calling religions parody, perhaps I should have used quotation marks because that is what the majority of Christians call it.

Moves
26 Aug 13

Hilarious and right on the button, I haven't seen that one before. Thanks for finding that.

Ro

Moves
26 Aug 13

I can't help thinking you are are opening up a cannelloni of worms.

Moves
26 Aug 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I can't help thinking you are are opening up a cannelloni of worms.
Vermicelli

R

Moves
26 Aug 13

Originally posted by JS357
Vermicelli
That's a gross thought. Pastafarians won the right to wear pasta strainers (colanders) in their passport photograph in 2005.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Aug 13

I heard they marched in Russia and the Russian Orthodox church got Putin's Gestapo to harass them.

Moves
28 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by caissad4
I heard they marched in Russia and the Russian Orthodox church got Putin's Gestapo to harass them.
I believe they established a special forces unit called Putin's Gestapo.

Pesto.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Sep 13
1 edit

What about Christians who do not believe in Creationism, nor that it should be taught in public schools?

I don't feel a need to make up some fictitious deity figure in order to protest against Creationism. Not so sure about ID, but I do know it probably should not be taught in schools either, especially to the detriment of evolution. Those with my viewpoint just feel like you're using the anti-Creationism angle as an excuse to crap on my religion. This is why I find the FSM to be in bad taste.

While I agree with the initial principle, I just don't appreciate the follow-through.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 13

People today will accept almost any nonsense to replace the true belief in a Creator God. The belief in evilution is hailed as true science and worthy to be taught to children in public schools, but the truth of God as the creator is banished. Can it be possible that a judgment of God is not coming soon?

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
07 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
People today will accept almost any nonsense to replace the true belief in a Creator God. The belief in evilution is hailed as true science and worthy to be taught to children in public schools, but the truth of God as the creator is banished. Can it be possible that a judgment of God is not coming soon?
The Instructor
Science has proven that all dogs, even Chihuahuas & Mastiffs, all descended from wolves. You cannot even prove that your god ever even existed. Why do you insist on hijacking threads with your fairytale beliefs? 🙄🙄🙄

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 13

Science has proven that all dogs, even Chihuahuas & Mastiffs, all descended from wolves. You cannot even prove that your god ever even existed. Why do you insist on hijacking threads with your fairytale beliefs? 🙄🙄🙄
I was referring to evilution verses creation, not selective breeding and adaptation, which we all know God has provided for.

The Instructor

Moves
07 Sep 13

It is the 'spirituality' forum and the thread was about a form of religion.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
I daresay you do not even know what the truth is.

You read Genesis, you ascribe acts to God, but you have no idea how on this green earth He actually did these things. You have your drawn conclusions, and you dare say that "This is the way God did it, and if you don't agree, then you're not a good Christian and in fact you're going to hell." As if you have the only perception of truth ever. Sorry, I don't buy into the version you ascribe to a God that you confine to the little box called your mind. My God is greater than that. And you want to teach your short-sighted idea of God to the kids of America as some sort of "God-given" 'fact'. Shame on you. My God is not limited by your ego. And I'm not going to support your 'limited God' nonsense, nor your poisoning the minds of children with it.